Infraction History need a review

Gatso

Hello i wanna talk about infraction history and their effects on futures ban. 

At every ban the punishment will be heavier, so this mean if you are a player with thousand hours you probably receive the worst punishment than the player you reported or done a scam or something like that.

I think this thing need a review because for example if i have this ban punishment you can't reactivate the past ban to heavier the futures ban infinite times if this is already done.

I wanna share this thing with all others players with the same issue.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by Gatso

1 hour ago, Gatso said:

Please bring back in suggestion section

Done

1 hour ago, Gatso said:

Sorry for my english.

No worries but I still don't understand a single word you said or what your "suggestion" is here. Do you mind explaining it in a bit more detail? What does need changing here?

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Gatso said:

so this mean if you are a player with thousand hours you probably receive the worst punishment than the player you reported or done a scam or something like that.

Your hours don't matter, the infraction does

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

• Developer
2 hours ago, Gatso said:

At every ban the punishment will be heavier, so this mean if you are a player with thousand hours you probably receive the worst punishment than the player you reported or done a scam or something like that.

It's the exact opposite. There are cases where the infraction history doesn't matter and players are permanently banned regardless. An one-sided account takeover, for example.
Apart from that, long-term players who do not continuously attract negative attention are punished more gently averagely. As an example, I would like to bring up a fairly recent example. We caught a user who played thousands of hours using third-party software. Before we finally decided to go for a permanent ban we found said user repeating this three times.

Of course, this cannot be generalized, it always depends on the individual case, but we do not punish long-term players harsher.

That wouldn't help us and the game in any way.

@Eaty i can't explaining more without taking examples of me or my friends but i see lately reports punishments become heavier for experienced players because more time they play more possibilities of ban they have % . I think reactivating past ban already punished more times from infraction history is a useless thing. For example if me and another player got chat ban my punishment is heavier and longer because I play from more time and i could accumulate reports

. He instead could have a ban of 5 day ( for example) .  But the principal thing is : if a player is already punished  and his ban prolunged from past infraction history, after do that and the ban periodo is finished ,delete infraction history, or for every report he receive he could have the longest ban every time. " Why using infraction history ban more and more times ? "

As we have tried to explain to you already, on your reports, appeals and even in Dms, your past ban is not reactivated. If you break the rules it will be increased the next time you do it again. A heavier punishment has nothing to do with the longer you play, it is based on the amount of times you have broken the rules already.

For example, if you make a fake offer on a Pokémon the first time you will be warned, if you do it again you will be trade banned, if you keep repeating it the trade ban will be longer each time and after multiple times you will end up getting a temp ban and if you continue after that you will end up being permanent banned. 

Punishments are not based on the amount of players you report, this is what you seem to think, we appreciate the reports you make but if all your reports contain you swearing or triggering said player as well that will result in you being punished as well. As Eaty said it is case specific but even the small infractions will add up overtime otherwise it could go on forever and it could harm players constantly. 

20210407_201806.gif

@Hawluchaa , you are telling the same things but in another meaning, why not reset after the punishment ? For example a player can get 20 day of ban for reply to others insults in chat when a scammer or who made the insults get 3 days max. I'm not aggreed with that. Reset history infraction after  2 times mods used past ban for enlarge the punishment.

Edited by Gatso

For ex: If I report someone for inappropriate language and I replied to him in chat i can't get a 20 days ban because 2 year ago I get reported for reply to someone who insult me and get worst punishment everytime because long time ago i had the same issue.

Edited by Gatso