No More Paypal?

Frostyjoereborn

So your telling me we are not going to be able to make payments through PayPal anymore what service are you going to use to protect my payment info and how are we supposed to make payments from places outside the E U?  What kind of nonsense is this really PayPal has to be offering one of the best rates for services of card or account transactions alongside the best security for users. You don't want to pay the service fee associated with using PayPal so now your going to use a third rate service that can store our info and leave users vulnerable to exploitation of their cards? This is totally unacceptable from a standpoint of someone who donates hundreds to the game every month I would love a better explanation on what happened or at least a better one then we had a problem we aren't using PayPal anymore. I would like a thorough explanation of what your going to do to protect users card info and how its better than PayPal and what measures are going to be taken to ensure that any and all problems stemming from the switch will be handled fast and swiftly because its been many days now and we still can not make purchases within the game. 

• Developer

Hey there. I understand your points. 

We had to cancel the support for paypal due to several issues. Fee were none of them.

Paypal generally does whatever it wants. 

We are still paying fees to Stripe now.

All payments are going through stripe. Stripe is way better for virtual goods like ours and it's secure as paypal. 

Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.

https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe

We don't have access to the users card info. Stripe Session ID, Username, Coins, Date and Email are everything what we save about payments.

Feel free to suggest other payment methods. We chose Stripe since it's well known and secure.

• Like 1

First I would like to thank you for your response its been a few hours since I made my first donation under the new system its just not the same I will admit that its minor in the grand scheme of things that you guys are handling right now but I would say that it does make me feel uneasy to have to save my info to Gpay or try a form of payment through systems I haven't ever heard of let alone pronounce. I think the answer would be to the question of what I would suggest I would say if you can setup a system for American pay that would be awesome IE apple pay or Zelle for chase or whatever establish American online banking systems their are as an option alongside some of the other ones you have also chosen that would be awesome. I'm sure some of the suggestions I have made may be hard to find a way to do but It would go a long way establishing trust especially amongst the people who use these forms of payments as way to go because most of us already have brand trust within PayPal and also might not have the greatest trust in Gpay such as myself. @Shaolan 

Again thank you for your time.

• Developer

No Problem.

The website should actually show an Apple Pay button If you have added apple pay in your browser or phone.

Paypal has been great because it covers almost all countries and currencies.
Some payment methods have country restrictions. FPX for example, is only available for businesses in Malaysia.

We might add more payment providers from time to time. It just takes time to integrate their payment API with our coin system.

We will keep Stripe as the main payment provider for now.

Anyway, thank you very much for your input. Have a great day.

##please add paysafecards as payment options, im a returning player i used to donate way back in march 2016 when game was new, back then through paypal but for years im not been able to use paypal anymore, and also cant use any of the other payment options cause i dont have a creditcard only nornal bankcard. if apple/mobilepay works that would be fine too (which i read somewhere), but adding a paysafecard payment would make it easier for us EU people because they are easy and everywhere to get. i would love to support this game again 🙂

Edited by MugetsuOG

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the payment systems don't accept my card. The only way I could bypass it was with PayPal though I wasn't fond of them. It's a shame because I only have the one payment method.. I hope more are added in the future so I can purchase my membership and other items again. 

• Like 1