[Can be closed] RMT with paypal gone

Caprifame

Hey people,

since paypal is gone I can no longer donate to the game to receive ccs. 

Its not really a problem since im rich but sometimes I like to have some coins extra for events without touching my ingame savings and also to support the game.

I dont have any of the new payment methods, nor do any of them seem trustworthy to me. Never heard of them.

So the only way would be a credit card which I dont have, syke.

Can I ask other people to buy me coins (buy them, send them to my account and I pay them via paypal) since I am locked out of any option to donate?

Or is this considered RMT?

Why wasnt any method added thats actually secure, like paysavecard, i feel like this was rushed and there is a lot of room for optimisations.

I'd appreciate if the RMT rules would be lifted slightly until a change has happened, or at least allow us to do these transfers (buy coins for another player) with a forum post announcing it or with screenshots that the same money has been given back etc etc

You name it what u need to make this "service" a thing, but locking people out of being able to gain coins is just not the way imo.

Cheers,

Capri

Edited by CapriFame
  • Like 1

Hey

Sorry for the delay on the response. After discussing the topic with the rest of the GM team and admins we decided that its allowed to pay someone else to buy coin capsules for you. However it will have to be done through your donation link, https://donate.pokemonrevolution.net/CapriFame and not with in game trades. That means you will have to give this link to the person that will donate for you and then you can give them the money through paypal or however you like. If they buy the coin capsules on their account trade them to you and then give them the money it will be considered RMT and it will lead to both of you getting banned. I hope I have answered your question, if you have more questions let me know.

• Like 1

20210420_054932.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Hey, you don't have to worry about the safety of your payments.

Stripe is very secure. It sadly wasn't our decision to move on from Paypal but theirs as they kept making it harder to use their service for us.

Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.

https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe

We don't have access to the users card info. Stripe Session ID, Username, Coins, Date and Email is everything we save about payments.

We choosed Stripe since it's well known and secure.

Everything else was already explained in Jhizen's post.

Hey Eaty, 

I appreciate your comment.

I have talked with my bank and found a secure payment method for myself. 🙂

This can be closed btw, I guess it was more an impulsive post since I use paypal a lot and the change made me leave my comfort zone. 

• Caprifame changed the title to [Can be closed] RMT with paypal gone
  • Kvar locked this topic