Max Repels That are Actually Worth It!

Sirchancelot

It would be cool to make Max Repel actually worth buying.
Right now repels are very weird when it comes to pricing. 
Repel is 350$ for 100 steps or 3.5$ per step
Super Repel (Best) is 2.5$ per step - this makes sense. You buy more steps at a time then each step is cheaper
Max Repels though? Max Repels are 2.8$ per step (700$ per 250 steps)
I'm not sure why max repels would be less value step wise when you're buying more in bulk
I propose one of two simple solutions
1. Make Max repels 300 steps
2. Make Max repels 625$ (this would still make them 2.5$ per step like the Super repel you'd just get more steps)

I don't feel like a small QoL change like this would impact the economy too harshly or even at all. 
If you have and opinions or anything constructive to say please don't hesitate to share. 
Thanks

• Checked/Done 2
Hi I'm Chance. I have a hard time Dealing with people. If you think I'm being rude or short please just understand That I'm weird as heck and that its probably me and not you. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you would like to commission me for Pixel Art Character Sprites next to your favorite Pokemon PM me on discord
SirChancelot#9800

❤️Support me here if ya want❤️

Max repel already is worth buying since we have the option to buy them in bulk (400 Max Repels for 250.000).

11 hours ago, SirChancelot said:

2. Make Max repels 625$ (this would still make them 2.5$ per step like the Super repel you'd just get more steps)

So that is already the case if you buy your Max repels from the Bonny NPC which you can find in every department store.

Yeah, so non-bulk Max repels from any shop just aren't worth buying whatsoever relative to the other options. It just takes up a useless shop space being 2.8$ per step with Super repel being right above it in the shop giving you 2.5$ per repel. 

Being able to buy Max repels in bulk doesn't solve the problem that its literally taking up a slot in the shop for absolutely no reason. Its just mathematically irresponsible to even consider them. 

Additionally buying max repels in bulk is supposed to allow you to get more step for cheaper right?
You don't get more steps for buying in bulk, you get an equal amount of steps to super repels in general making the bulk max repel option rendered entirely useless once again. (100000 steps for 250000)

Max repels don't have a real purpose. Its an item with poor design. Buying 400 max repels in bulk is exactly the same as buying 500 Super repels. You dont find that to be even the slightest bit redundant?

The current system is as stands:
Repels (Trash)
Super Repels (Best value 2.5$ per step)
Max repels (2.8$ per step unless you buy in bulk then same value as super repels)
That's less than good.....

Hi I'm Chance. I have a hard time Dealing with people. If you think I'm being rude or short please just understand That I'm weird as heck and that its probably me and not you. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you would like to commission me for Pixel Art Character Sprites next to your favorite Pokemon PM me on discord
SirChancelot#9800

8 hours ago, Norex said:

Max repel already is worth buying since we have the option to buy them in bulk (400 Max Repels for 250.000).

So that is already the case if you buy your Max repels from the Bonny NPC which you can find in every department store.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that, BEFORE considering a bulk option, Max repels should be BETTER or equal to Super repel. 
If im buying max repels in bulk, It should be SIGNIFICANTLY more value like buying Ultras balls in bulk.
Ultra balls actually make sense for bulk purchase mathematically.

SirChancelot#9800

20 hours ago, SirChancelot said:

I propose one of two simple solutions
1. Make Max repels 300 steps

I mean thats what you suggested and that is already in the game, being the option to buy it in bulk.

Reducing the price further or increasing the steps might have a negative impact on the econemy since repel-hunting is really common. Buying repels serves as a money-sink and changing something to the repels might have a bigger impact than you might think.

Having the option to buy them in bulk with the NPC is already good enough in my personal opinion but I understand your point to adjust the prices at the normal pokemarts as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norex said:

I mean thats what you suggested and that is already in the game, being the option to buy it in bulk.

Reducing the price further or increasing the steps might have a negative impact on the econemy since repel-hunting is really common. Buying repels serves as a money-sink and changing something to the repels might have a bigger impact than you might think.

Having the option to buy them in bulk with the NPC is already good enough in my personal opinion but I understand your point to adjust the prices at the normal pokemarts as well.

When referring to bulk I was referring to 500 steps relative to 700 steps. The Max repel being the bulk option for items. I was not referring to the Bulk option at department stores. In standard economic systems its very common to get things cheaper when a package contains more of them. Very rarely do you buy a bigger package of an item and get less value out of it.

Apologies for any confusion that may have lead to.

Regardless, Even the 'bulk option" I was not talking about is flawed, Its not actually more value than super repels as I mentioned above.

SirChancelot#9800

Like it it helps we can put the Ultra Ball Bulk Math In here for that specific case
Every Ultra Ball is Normally 1200$
If you buy 300 You get each ball for 900$ (25% off each ball)
If you buy 600 You get each ball for 833.33$ (28% off each ball roughly? Idk didnt do the mat for this one lol)

If you were going to do something similar with Max repels you would get 400 max repels at a similar rate it would be for 187500$ instead of 250000$

SirChancelot#9800