Fishing Contest Suggestion/Improvement/Re-balance

Whitebaron

Hello everyone,

*Quick reminder: The contest will happen weekly at a randomly selected hour and will last for 1 hour and 30 minutes, shiny Pokemon got a points bonnus.

I would like to get your feedback about the fishing contest, but first, let me share with you all the currently available rewards:

- The Top 3 will receive: 1 instantly consumed 7-day Train Ticket; 1 instantly consumed 24-hour Safari Ticket; an assortment of 2-3 (different) PvP Berries for a total of 15 Berries; 20 Rare Candies; 10 PP Up; a low percentage of winning 1 out of 3 cosmetics (a tradable Bow, Spear, or Water Shuriken cosmetic); a possible change of form for Keldeo; 50 PvE Coins.

- The Top 4-10 will receive: 1 instantly consumed 7-day Train Ticket; an assortment of 2-3 (different) PvP Berries for a total of 10 Berries; 20 Rare Candies; 10 PP Up; 35 PvE Coins.

- The Top 11-15 will receive: 1 instantly consumed 24-hour Safari Ticket; an assortment of 2-3 (different) PvP Berries for a total of 10 Berries; 20 Rare Candies; 10 PP Up; 20 PvE Coins.

- The Top 16-25 will receive: an assortment of 2-3 (different) PvP Berries for a total of 10 Berries; 20 Rare Candies; 10 PP Up; 10 PVE Coins.

- The losers will receive 3 PvE coins.

I am open to change regarding the following:

- The contest spawns

- The time of the contest

- The contest rewards

- The Expert Fisherman's current options

WhiteBaron

Edited by WhiteBaron
  • Like 4
  • Checked/Done 1

lsqu.jpg

Bugs Report Center

Client Bugs - Pvp Bugs - Npc's/Quests Bugs - Mapping Bugs

Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

Sadly, I've made my own topic already so let me just copy things.

Hello.

Instead of showing us TOP 25 one by one let it be a selection:
1: Top 5
2: Top 5-10
3: Top 10-15
4: Top 15-20
5: Top 20-25
6. My current score.

Join us with your ideas, let's make this a big thread! Since the Fishing Contest just made it to the game, we have a higher chance to make it better!

Thanks.

-------
Posted by @CitizenPete

"I agree with your idea, checking the top 25 is quite long.

I'd like to add a few things :

- Knowing how points are counted could be nice, in my opinion. The NPC talks about IVs, nature, rarity and ability. Might be clearer if we all could know how this is counted. I understand that rarer pokemon give more points, better IVs also, but about nature and ability, more details can be welcome!

- Knowing the reward ladder could be good motivation (i saw that a event keldeo was given for top 3?) (I was 6th and got 10pp up, 2x10 berries, a train ticket, and 35 pve coins for info)

- Whitebaron said on allchat, that fishing contest will be every week. I'm not against, but maybe it could be more fair if the contest was every 6 day, or 8/9 days.

That would allows to anyone to check if we are available, and prepare for it. And not having it at the same time/hour/day every week is a better idea I think, because a saturday night, people who have a real life might not be on PRO. 

- I'm not sure if the contest wasn't a bit too long. But it didn't bother me!

- where is Toxapex? x) (joke, huh!)

Thanks in advance

ps : I enjoyed it...!"
____

It is obvious it would be nice to know point counting system.. though it never made it to BCC, I'm not sure if they're gonna change it anytime soon. Anyway, I can't recall whether during some small contests during x-mas event or halloween we ever got that system going or not. However, it would be nice to have it 🙂

As to contest's length - OH I DON'T THINK it was too long 😛 To be honest, I didn't even make it to top25, because all I got was 2 really bad Relicanth. Maybe I was just unlucky but anyways.. I don't think that the contest should be shortened.

Edited by Xytreh

"To hurt others is part of being human but...
Sometimes we hurt people so much
That there is no way to fix their soul...
And we lose them
Forever."

• Whitebaron changed the title to Fishing Contest Suggestion/Improvement/Re-balance

I made this fishing contest and it was funny.

I don't have anything to say about rewards, i guess it's balanced.

But about the time of the contest, 1h30 is too long. With only 30-45min, it would be enough because at the end, it's boring and some left before the end.

And about the logs spam, it could be improved : less logs needed, you can delete the top15-25 from log and only post a log for top1, top3, top10.