Create differences between Silver and Gold?

Eaty

• Developer

Hello, this is just a thought that I've been thinking about for a long time. It hasn't been discussed with the spawn editor and is not set in stone yet.

Currently there is no difference between silver and the gold server, and I would like to change that slightly. Of course, the server transfer remains free every 30 days!

I would like to have a time difference on both servers by 12 hours. So that, for example, it is 12 AM on silver while it's 12 PM on gold.
Furthermore, I would like to follow the handhelds and add individual spawns only available on one of the two servers. So you can only catch Minun on silver and Plusle on gold. Through the server transfer and trades it would still be possible to catch all the Pokemon.

What do you think about this? I am sure there are users that absolutely don't like the idea but please follow our forum rules and give reasons.

• Like 14

• Eaty changed the title to Create differences between Silver and Gold?

Hello! 

I'm totally fine with this, even more, why not make an exclusive Quest on each server (Don't know if it's possible), on Silver, you will be able to catch Lugia, on gold, you will be able to catch Ho-oh.

This would be crazy but i don't know if it's do able. 

• Like 3

• Developer
Just now, Zeskyr said:

Hello! 

I'm totally fine with this, even more, why not make an exclusive Quest on each server (Don't know if it's possible), on Silver, you will be able to catch Lugia, on gold, you will be able to catch Ho-oh.

Hello. It is possible for scripters to do this.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eaty said:

Hello, this is just a thought that I've been thinking about for a long time. It hasn't been discussed with the spawn editor and is not set in stone yet.

Currently there is no difference between silver and the gold server, and I would like to change that slightly. Of course, the server transfer remains free every 30 days!

I would like to have a time difference on both servers by 12 hours. So that, for example, it is 12 AM on silver while it's 12 PM on gold.
Furthermore, I would like to follow the handhelds and add individual spawns only available on one of the two servers. So you can only catch Minun on silver and Plusle on gold. Through the server transfer and trades it would still be possible to catch all the Pokemon.

What do you think about this? I am sure there are users that absolutely don't like the idea but please follow our forum rules and give reasons.

Personally, i like the difference idea (example of minun & plusle) which enables both servers to be a bit intertwined both economically and aspects of availability of mons if such differences are more crucial than small gimmicks (no one uses minun & plusle), time difference is meh, doesnt really do much. So unless a more time-based events are introduced (i.e. you missed event x on silver, but you'll be able to participate on gold since its 12 hr difference) which should also solve things like world quest etc.
Question is the end goal, as in, where do you want to go with this, small difference or a different experience entirely kinda vibe.
Personally i'd like a more unique touch on both, maybe have different events variants (halloween, summer, xmas) based on server with reward differences etc.
EDIT : if such differences are to be introduced (pokemon event etc.) the free-switch timer should be adjusted as well for QoL logisticaly imo.

Edited by Deathwing

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

1165D9A76F16E125E61514F70BC6AF4369639B5D

39 minutes ago, Zeskyr said:

Hello! 

Do this with zekrom and reshiram too xD

Signature_Mega Metagross  and PvE.png

Make sense to have a difference between gold and silver.
The 12 hours difference sounds fun enough as answer to newbie who asking which server better, atleast he can choose he likes sun or moon more.

Different spawn will force players to doing transfer back to back just for having the spawn spot. Maybe not a big deal for some player,  but for some player that already enjoyin or comfortable in current server mostly because community then forced to transfer server i guess it will decreasing his fun alot. its like you have to farm in enemy area if you need mineral.

also in newbie side, it can make them feels joining wrong server when they forced to pay extra cash just for dex/evo entry. maybe they have to pay very 'good money' if he meet some 'good player' just for having not spawned pokemon in the server

• Like 1

Hard -1 for different spawns. Availability of all the pokemon without the hassle of switching servers every month is a big boon to this game. I always hated the exclusive spawns in the handheld games as well, it was a dumb cash grab concept that has no place in a fan-made MMO.

That said, the idea of having an exclusive legendary based on the server as some other user suggested would be fine and a time difference would be ok as well.

Gold and Silver are already different when outbreaks and WQs happen. Doesn't need to be forced more.

Edited by Kary0plasma
  • Like 4