Create differences between Silver and Gold?

Eaty

I don't like the idea of server exclusives at all.

The reason why Version exclusives exist is that Gamefreak wanted to encourage players to trade between each other, or just plain make players buy both versions. There are other things they implemented to encourage trading, such as starters, choice Pokemons (like Fossils) and trade-evolution Pokemons. And because breeding exists, you just need to get any single Pokemon of the specie to get started on creating your perfect Pokemon if you need to.

However, here, this is a completely different situation. Trading is already a common activity between players, although in a different shape than in the original games. We still got trade evolutions, but we also got commerce type of trades, such as daycaring, selling and lending. Sure, server exclusives encourages another type of trading... But it comes with a huge bad point.

If you want to trade server exclusives, someone HAS to do a server transfer. A server transfer means that you quit the current guild you're in, and enter a community for which you may not know anyone. Some players are totally fine with this, but for players who really don't want to leave their guild, even temporarily... Their only option is to wait for someone to show up and sell the Pokemon they need, with the very stats that you want since we have no breeding or alternative feature. And because they're exclusive, chances are they'll purposedly set a higher price, making it not worth it to buy. As a player, this is NOT a situation I want to be in. It's just frustration.

As for the other possible reason of version exclusives, being making more money... Well, as far as I know, we still have a good enough income to pay for the servers, no? We have plenty of things to sell in the cash shop, many players buy coin capsules to resell them ingame for money, it's looking pretty healthy to me. And besides, if that's the only reason, you're just going to make the playerbase more angry and distrustful than it already is.

There's other consequences to this feature, which is unrelated to reasons why you'd want this in... If we implement server exclusives, it will become more complicated to do new modifications to our server. Server merges means we have to get rid of the feature at the same time. Adding a new server means we need to split more exclusives. 

And finally, it makes the server choice more annoying for the players as well. Will the exclusives be displayed before you even select a server? If they're shown, it's kinda too much information when you're just starting out (and could also scare players away because they don't like that feature). If they're not shown, you're making an uninformed choice and may regret your choice of server. And regardless of these, if you're joining a group of friend, but they're on a server where your version exclusive does not spawn... That already takes a big hit at your motivation to even start the game.

So please, don't implement this. There's too many bad consequences, and its only purposes are already fulfilled by other features. 

As for time differences... I don't really mind, server times are already completely out of sync with real time, and it doesn't change availability... Although it could encourage players to create alts for hunting in succession in both servers. Since we want to discourage alts, I don't think that would be a good feature. That said, if you do implement it, just make sure that you don't break time-based quests in doing so.

• Like 8

214157603_sayumigrowlithesignature.png.4a2a82daf244704d7e1e67f4faf14065.png

I'd be fine with just a time difference but occurrence of certain Poke... I'd rather not transfer each month just to get pokedex completed.

"To hurt others is part of being human but...
Sometimes we hurt people so much
That there is no way to fix their soul...
And we lose them
Forever."

i actually  DISAGREED with this idea of making some pokemons exclusive to other servers because you are ruining the experience for the ones who do dexdata services like me so nope i give this a -1 since mayority of people who asked me for this pokes i hunt em and i give it to them cuz i aint gonna be switching servers to get the other ones moving to other servers aint my style

• Like 1

Hello boys and girls.

I apologise in advance if there is redundancy  with people's ideas.

As for the subject, -1, I totally disagree adding any other form of exclusivity in both servers, why ?

The main issue will be server transfers for anything "exclusive" if you want to get everything in the game. I'll explain in detail with different parts below and expose my point of view, you don't have to agree :

1. PvE side :

• Quests :

Having to transfer to get f.e a legendary or whatever will be a pain. Doesn't it sound awful to leave your main server for a legendary that will probably be banned ? And to wait 1 month to transfer back if you don't want to use 1 CC ? For me it is.

• Collection :
  1. Collectors.

Imagine this, for any collector, a pokemon becomes exclusive in the other server they're not fully in. At the moment, It wouldn't be a problem for rich people as they usually cut in half their income to compensate it ( only them can afford it).

However, when the mono account will be a thing (if this will result in only 1 character per server) :

- You won't be as flexible as before.

- Less opportunities to react to an auction on forums.

- You would have to rely on friends to transfer money and goodies if you run out on a server.

- Less and less interactions between servers.

2. Pokedex.

Another issue here, you know, some legendary quests require the whole pokedex data entries of a region (Mew for Kanto / Celebi for Johto / Jirachi for Hoenn / Latios or Latias => need 300 evo + Jirachi).

What will happen if a pokemon of those regions becomes exclusive ? I can't conceive it.

• Spawns.

The most delicate part ! Since spawns are the heart of the game, making different pokemon spawning in both servers will only result in conflicts and chaos. I think I've enough explained above the consequences if spawns are divided into both servers.

But it's not over yet ! We're arriving at the problem with Guilds, which is imo the 2nd biggest issue, oh boy I'm already scared !

• Guilds.

Guildmates leaving because they want to hunt a certain pokemon on the other server, isn't is scary ? This is what I was talking about above with the 2nd biggest issue. Plus, The frictions that the spawn changes will create is not to be underestimated.

Guilds in mmo are their backbone. The game experience is so different in a competitive guild or a newbie friendly one ! You musn't give people enough reasons to go on the opposite server of their guild !

Speaking of reasons, about the Outbreaks and World Quests :

• Already existing "exclusivity" :
  1. Oubreaks.

Occasionaly, there is a quite rare poke to hunt for a certain period of time with -1 tier to its highest spawn rate (4h or more if specified). Fortunately, I've seen close to 0 people transferring in my guild for such a little opportunity. But still, some may do it. You get my point, it's a reason given for some to transfer, but not this impactful.

2. World Quests.

Sometimes, the pokemon needed to fulfill it is an annoyance, you cannot imagine. On the other hand, if you really want the ticket, you have to do it. But what if you transfer and go to the server where this is easier ? "Oh no Kangaskhan, the x server has Gligar ( previously T6 Repel), i'm gonna transfer !" Another reason given to transfer.

Moreover, it will affect the pvp too. We're coming close to the end !

2. PvP side :

• Guilds.

Have you ever heard of Guild Island, aka Broken Island ? If yes, you know how good it is to be at least top 3 to have access to it. The competition is fierce to achieve top 3.

Remember the exclusivities above ? Spawns / Collections etc... It takes a certain time to reach a decent amount of rating for your guild, more if you wanna hit ladder. So usually, you'll favour having done your part of rating first.

But what if there is a better hunting opportunity at the beginning of the month, whether a better World Quest or Outbreak or anything new and you really want to go there ? Such a dilemma, 1CC to go hunt there and coming back for the guild asap to do rating or letting it go ?  

Conclusion :

Adding exclusivities of spawns or whatever would damage the game instead of improving it. Nintendo is doing it with spawns since the beginning and I find it outrageous to have to buy 2 versions or more of each Gen to catch' em all. Even if trading is possible, it doesn't justify everything imo. I clearly don't wish to see this on PRO.

I can't think of something else, maybe I went a bit off-topic for some parts and I apologise if this is the case.

Peace.

Fafouney

• Like 3

I totally disagree with that change ,its better to use your time and resources to implemend other things that need attention.

First of all time difference is like zero impact in the game experience no one cares if there is a difference between the server regarding time and also spawns as people mentioned before it comes closer to handheld games which was just a money trick to buy both titles.

We already have issues like @Norex (sorry for tag 😄)mentioned before affecting guilds cause players are hopping between servers,we dont need another headache tbh

Imo you should focus on merging the 2 servers,not trying to create differences between them and if the merge isnt possible then make something worthy.

Hard -1 from me to conclude it.

• Like 3

Well, I simply disagree. Maybe having this time gap of 12 hours between servers would be nice just for the sake of fancy, but any other features regarding exclusiveness I'm pretty feeling it'd create more problems than actually improve the game overall.

And considering the problems bias in this opinion, this is where I think devs efforts could be better focused in providing the game with more MMO features to make it a bit more like "real life" in pokemon world.

I mean, IMO it's the best Poke MMO around by far but still at some point everything narrows down to PVP and Poke hunting (i won't even metion PVE here cause in a sense it's a bridge for PVP afterall anyways), and these kinds of game should have more features for players having a good time with their friends and feel that world is more than just battles and completing poke dex (that's what the original offline games are!). 

So basically, just quoting an example right away about that, till the present time we still don't have Hoenn Poke Blocks Contest, this is really a cool thing people could be enjoying altogether ingame, rather then just logging for grinding for battles.  And I can't even supose the reason why there's no focus on implementing that. More contests could be included ingame like Fishing maybe (more ideas could be added here), instead of have it only promoted by community members.

Everyone comes to play for beating story mode and getting the best pokemons they want, but the thing is at some point people still wanna play but do different things. And these "different things" that I still feel PRO heavily lacks. It not only needs to be different but enable people to enjoy together. That's the big deal of a massive multiplayer game online, specially in one involving Pokemon world.

Edited by emersonjr
  • Like 2