PvP Quest suggestions

Eaty

• Developer

First of all, I'd like to say that there's no ETA for the updated PvP Quests and it's only to collect ideas for now!

PvP Quests

Heyho, we plan to add three kinds of Ranked PvP Quests in the future:

- Daily PvP Quest

- Weekly PvP Quests

- Seasonal PvP Quest

Daily PvP Quest:

Daily PvP Quests will be some easy quests such as:

- Play X matches.

- Win X matches.

- Play a game with X in your team.

My personal goal with daily quests is to introduce new players to ranked PvP and give veterans a reason to play more often.

Weekly PvP Quests:

Weekly PvP Quests will be a bit harder such as:

- Get a minimum of X rating.

- Win X matches with Y as your opener.

- Win X matches with at least Y OT Pokemon in your team.

Weekly quests should be harder to do but therefore more rewarding.

Seasonal PvP Quests:

Every user will get random seasonal PvP Quest he needs to finish until the season ended such as:

- Get top25 at season end.

- Get X rating without using your most used Pokemon last season.

I want seasonal PvP Quests to be hard for most players but it should be rewarded very well.

All PvP Quests above are some examples I had after thinking about it for a few minutes. 

I ask you guys to think about it for a while and tell me what PvP Quest you'd like to get!

Rewards

I plan to introduce PvP Tokens as ladder rewards, additionally to the already existing PvP Coins.

15th on each month:
- 150 PvP Coins and 150 PvP Tokens for 1st place.
- 130 PvP Coins and 130 PvP Tokens for 2nd place.
- 120 PvP Coins and 120 PvP Tokens for 3rd place.
- 100 PvP Coins and 100 PvP Tokens for 4th to 10th place.
- 50 PvP Coins and 50 PvP Tokens for 11th to 25th place.

Season end:
- 350 PvP Coins and 350 PvP Tokens for 1st place.
- 330 PvP Coins and 330 PvP Tokens for 2nd place.
- 320 PvP Coins and 320 PvP Tokens for 3rd place.
- 300 PvP Coins and 300 PvP Tokens for 4th to 10th place.
- 250 PvP Coins and 250 PvP Tokens for 11th to 25th place.

Additionally: 
- PvP Quests get changed so you can get 50 PvP Coins and 50 PvP Tokens in total instead of 70 PvP Coins.
- One PvP Coin per win, capped by 200.
- One PvP Token per win and for two losses, capped by 100.

PvP Token usage:
- 150 PvP Tokens for an IV reroll.
- 600 PvP Tokens for an IV-locked reroll.
- 800 PvP Tokens to reduce an IV by one.
- 6000 PvP Tokens to turn a legendary shiny.

Addtionally:
- PvP Tokens can only be used for direct actions, not to obtain items such as Reroll Tickets.
- Nothing bought for PvP Tokens is affected by other services such as double reroll.
- You can exchange 100 PvP Coins for 100 PvP Tokens every season, globally resets on 1st. This is one-way and not refundable.

I plan to reward PvP Quests mainly with PvP Tokens and here and there with PvP Coins (or items you obtain with PvP Coins, similar as the Master Ball or Focus Sashes you currently get). But definitely more Tokens than PvP Coins.

I am not fully sure about this yet but I am open for suggestions!

• Like 40
  • Checked/Done 1

i would only like this if the rewards are certain amount of pvp coins for every quest (different quest different amount of coins ) and there should be no rewards such as rc or other items i prefer pvp coins

and it would be really good if it increases amount of players doing pvp and than there can be leagues too (bronze , silver , gold etc) although only when we have sufficient players because i felt match making is kinda bad i was at just 10 ratings and had an opponent with 300+ ratings XD

Pvp is already competitive as it is. If you want people to do PVP more often you should introduce easy to do quests that don't stress the player.

If you put quests such as "Win 3 Matches" instead of "Play 3 Matches". Players will give up on the whole thing if they find themselves losing 10 matches before they win 3.

Also getting high ratings and using certain Pokemon will also drive people away. What if I just wanna play a few PVP matches for fun and get PVP coins while I am at it? I wouldnt want to climb to the top just to get the PVP coins. Also if I see a quest that says, for example, use ferrothorn for 10 matches, and I don't have/ don't like Ferrothorn. You'd be forcing me to do something I don't like and therefore pushing me away from PVP. 

Instead you can add simpler achievments that can happen anyways during PVP matches such as "Raise 1 or more stat during 3 battles" , "Knock out 2 Pokemon with the same Pokemon during 2 Matches", "Use a priority move", "Use a move with at least 90 base power" or "Use a pokemon with at least 100 base speed". 

As long as the quests and achievments are enjoyable and do not require very specific things, people will flock to PVP in no time.

You can also add a sort of Daily Roulette Prize where if the player successfully clears 3 Missions in 1 day they get a random prize other than PVP coins that may be an exclusive rare item or cosmetic.

Visit The Pawke Shop!

JadeTag.gif

Edited by JadeAsh
  • Like 24

I very much like this, especially in that it rewards participation for beginners; starting PvP from story is brutal and unrewarding.

Also, please don’t require going through a Ramona-like NPC. As it is, it’s a pain: it’s too easy to forget to talk to her at the start of the season, or to get the rewards from her.

Edited by jack72634
Wrong NPC

+1 but i really don't like quest (i don't play pokemon for quest xd) and this is the only reason i don't do pvp u need to do atleast 1 quest for 1 mega when imo we should have in the stories and not doing any quest for be able to pvp sadly

Edited by Yuzuna

I have an opinion, why don't you turn PvP coins and PvP tokens become one? Because they were used in a same way:  spent to get something. So i recommend you should give us every quest above, but reward is only PvP coins (for example: 6 PvP coins instead of 3 PvP coins and 3 PvP tokens), people don't like that they have 50 A-coins and 50 B-coins but they wanna buy something with the cost is 100 coins. It's very annoying. Ty for reading

• Like 6

image.gif.cd81863a8ee24d72adfb52577bb81548.gif