PvP Quest suggestions

Eaty

I do like the idea very much. I think it could be a great step. 

But in consideration of you recent policy, I want to ask not to make the quest too hard. 

The game gets more and more frustrating, with progressive difficulty. 

I don't mean, "give us everything for free", but I am wishing for proportionality. 
Like reaching Top 25 at the end of the season seems excessive, because a lot of people would if they had any chance. This might be a quest you can never fullfill, but reaching Top 50 once (not end of the season) might be more realistic. 

So thank you for the idea, I am looking very much forward to it and hope you will have a little mercy with us 🙂

• Like 1

@Walrosskastanie Is it also possible to add an extra item that swaps 2 ivs with each other? This is to increase the different combination between iv reroll, iv lock, - iv and iv swaper to get desired legendary. You can make it also token purchasable, maybe same price as '-iv' or even more 1000 tokens? This would complete the full pack of legendary reroll items and would also make a good way to spend token. 

Thank you! 

• Like 3

spacer.png

Hello,

+1 ; This is a great idea overall.

I'm not going to suggest any more ideas regarding the PvP quests themselves as there are already quite a few interesting posts before mine. (and I don't think I can bring more useful stuff to this topic)

However, there is something I would love to see added to the game when these new quests comes live A "quest" tab.

If you combine both the already existing quests to these new ones, its going to be quite difficult to check your progression through all this, and I can already see myself (and other players) going back and forth to the same NPC just to check the progress on the current quest I'm doing.

This is more a QoL improvement than anything, but it might end up being really useful for a lot of people.

(It could also be a nice start to ground the way when it comes to future events and quests, who knows?)

Thanks for reading 🙂

• Like 6

Personally, i dislike this idea of adding more rewards to pvp because pvp players are already getting a ton of rewards that pve players can't get and no amount of new rewards will make me want to play pvp for them, i'm ten years too late to catch up with the pvp veterans and i'm not interested in learning from scratch while getting stomped just for a chance to win some matches, i also don't think this will create enough interest to make many players want to pvp regularly but if it's gonna be added so be it, i'll just keep playing my own game of farming the pokes i like and using them in pve. 

This is just a general suggestion for pvp as a whole but it would be awesome if we had pvp ducudes into tiers like OU UU NU etc as it would really diversify the teams and also the pvp won't be flooded with the same pokes plus it would also make tourneys more interesting 

The main issue that I see that arises from the "Use X pokemon in PvP quest, is that it would directly heavily influence the market. Any player that doesn't have said pokemon on hand at that moment would become in need of it, and thus try to get one as soon as possible, which would increase the market's demand for it.
Don't get me wrong, I don't full see that as a bad thing, a bit of market diversity is not usually a big problem, however if it would be possible to make a checker to be able to have it take a poke in your PC already (more often than not if preferably rather than a poke you don't have) to keep it simpler for users that don't have said pokemon.

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

• Developer
14 hours ago, teerav said:

This idea of PvP tokens seems complex and unnecessary. Its almost as if you're bored and just wanna create a new currency. And all the restrictions make it confusing.

I do agree that it might look a bit complex but I think that's mainly cause of the name. I might adjust it.

The main difference between PvP Coins and PvP Tokens is that PvP Tokens cannot be used to make money while you can buy stuff with PvP Coins and sell it to other players.

9 hours ago, Hiza said:

@Walrosskastanie Is it also possible to add an extra item that swaps 2 ivs with each other? This is to increase the different combination between iv reroll, iv lock, - iv and iv swaper to get desired legendary. You can make it also token purchasable, maybe same price as '-iv' or even more 1000 tokens? This would complete the full pack of legendary reroll items and would also make a good way to spend token. 

Thank you! 

Definitely not.

2 hours ago, Eaty said:

I do agree that it might look a bit complex but I think that's mainly cause of the name. I might adjust it.

The main difference between PvP Coins and PvP Tokens is that PvP Tokens cannot be used to make money while you can buy stuff with PvP Coins and sell it to other players.

Rather than the name itself, set of rules introduced with the new currency is complex. The new legendary reroll services can be bought with coins and be nontradable. This makes them being exclusive to the person that earned the coin. There are already items on the pvp coin market that are nontradable ( mounts and cosmetics). 

About the quests, I will write some quests when I have more time but I think they should be in a way that it encourages people to play more without straining teambuilding. I wouldnt wanna get frustrated while playing a match that I have no chance of winning because of the obligations that quests brought with it.

You want to make people play pvp regularly and not just the end of the month so a cumulative quest like " get to 100 rating only first week of the month, get to 200 rating second week, 300 rating third week, 400 rating last week " sounds (in theory) good. The reward can be obtained only that specific week. You can get 200 rating quest reward only in 2nd week for example. ( you can theoretically get 4 rewards if you play and get to 400 in first week but thats alright you make people play starting first week of the season). Things like that can be added and I will add more when they come to me.

About tokens I also agree with @teerav that they are complex. I have a new way of distribution of pvp coins if you would like to know as well. But it will be in another post and not the topic rhat we should discuss here imo.

[JUSTIFY]Check out my Youtube Channel, I post non-meta(mostly) PVP videos and some tutorials in Pokemon Revolution Online. Most of my PVP videos also include Turkish commentary.

Some of my tutorial videos and playlists are in the links below:

2 Ways of Fast Levelling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsXxuVefZw

Bosses with Baton Pass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCIjvqnnfk

Boss Locations for Each Regionhttps://youtu.be/smaPyWsp_fA?list=PLkRxSYTe-u5A1XcAzilVFwbejSpd99BMg

Monotype PVP Battleshttps://youtu.be/ARyMvz9QMYI?list=PLkRxSYTe-u5ChEHtOqGpLWlbqqPRBLBsX

If you need me, you can reach me on Discord: Maynaq#0866 or IGN: Ayvazar & Ayvasar[/JUSTIFY]