Replacing Graveler from Cerulean Cave 1F by Magcargo, #Sturdy.

Fafouney

Hello to everyone,

If you spend thousand of hours at Cerulean Cave this one is for you.

Today, I've had enough of Sturdy Graveler !

• Must skip it over and over again.
  • Unnecessary frustration while xping.

The poke I have in mind to replace it is Magcargo.

It shares with Graveler (let's take what will follow as pros) :

• Ground / Fighting weaknesses which are the most popular coverage used in Strategy to beat Steel type anyway.

- You will most of the time make learning moves of those type to your pokemon if they have those.

- Water weakness, one of the most popular type too.

• A "Common" spawn.

• Trash in Strategy.

• Stats in common.

- Although Magcargo has more SPDEF and is SPATK oriented.

Weaknesses :

image.png.6b6bfa842675d5dbb55b344d52822cb5.pngimage.png.4be2a2f93fb36fc717037c2625ec2fcd.png

First page on Reborn bot for both :

image.png.0da7d210c29bee183a569b9db1a028df.png   image.png.364899317860db58427c1782fb68eef7.png

Cons :

• A slight buff on Cerulean Cave 1F.

- Magcargo is the closest to Graveler's base xp I found sharing attributes listed above.

image.png.a3018f878096c6656c4d3c4f0b3318f1.png image.png.5ca758e0a70eef98c3025a9da2a66968.png        

(154 X 100) / 134 = 114,92... so almost 15% more xp upon fainting Magcargos compared to Gravelers. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not decent at Maths).

Source : https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/108287-base-experience-on-pro-raw-data-update-the-24th-march-2020/?tab=comments#comment-607469        

•  Magcargo's Flame Body Ability.

- Although Raichu + Electrode with Static and Parasect with Effect Spore exist.

- You can toxic your own poke with a held Toxic Orb (if not Poison / Steel type) to "counter" undesired status.

Now that I argued, is this suggestion feasible ?

I feel it will be an easy and fast task for the actual spawn editor.                                                                                                  

He could remove Graveler and add Magcargo as a "Common" with the exact same rarity and lvl range in Ceru Cave 1F. 

As for the community benefits, It will be a decent quality of life change as everyone goes to Ceru to xp once they've unlocked it. Less unnecessary time lost when xping.

Plus, even rookies can get access to it, no one is spared.                                                                                                                                                                                   

Let me know your thoughts on that, especially Devs. Or if some people could suggest another pokemon.

Peace

Fafouney

Edited by Fafouney
Adding a Con about Magcargo's Flame Body
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fafouney said:

Let me know your thoughts on that, especially Devs.

Devs don't do spawns. I made some changes to Cerulean Cave 1F, watch out for a Discord announcement about it. 

• Like 3
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• Qeight locked this topic