How to Smeargle

Nab

1179720366_smearglepaint.png.f8f6e3fcfa83a5cbdd7c1a0f6d35f7aa.png

235.png.f6cac0cb3559c55f80ca2017f2bb4002.pngThe Unofficial Guide to Smeargling235.png.f6cac0cb3559c55f80ca2017f2bb4002.png

This will be a guide on how Smeargle is used in pvp and how you can use it in your team to gain the upperhand, since everyone wants strong Pokemon in their team, so why not use the best?

Disclaimer: 

I do not take responsibility for any rating lost due to the advice/teachings from this guide, only real chads should use Smeargle, if you are randy just go use ribombee or something lole.

Firstly, we shall take a look at @Jorogumo's :RowletHeart: op PRO PvP Viability Rankings (https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/163742-pro-pvp-viability-rankings-updated/)

image.png.e71ad415257bb777df3aaab89d70c192.png

It seems Joro's addition of Smeargle in the S-tier bugged out sadly, but it is fine. He does not know the secrets we do 🙏

Jokes aside, let us begin.

Why is Smeargle viable in pvp despite its LC-tier stats?

image.png.2ada83c63fe2135b9394155622995083.png

If we look pass it's pathetic stats you will see that Smeargle can learn any (YES ANY!) move. With the exception of Chatter. (Shoutout to @Valory for the useless information and forcing me to change this part)

image.png.18e001a5646d4343ca9b94fc87c824e6.png

And it can fit in any team bar stall because it dies to the zubats in mt.moon using absorb. (Big thank you again to @Valory for more useless information and forcing me to change this line too).

How can it fit in any team you might ask? Let us look at the kind of team it is most commonly used in, Hyper Offensive. Hyper Offensive usually consists of 1-2 Suicide leads and filled to the brim with extremely offensive Pokemon (Well, duh the name says it all)

So why should we use Smeargle over randy Pokemon like Excadrill (cringe)? As I said before it has the ability to learn any move. Therefore, it is able to counter most common leads and set up its own hazards/cripple enemy Pokemon. 

Another reason is it's ability, Walmart Inner Focus, to avoid confusion which may come in handy since confusion really messes with suicide leads that depend on their focus sashes.

Here are some of the sets (but not all) I use on Smeargle (https://pokepast.es/6b90ee854d8f7c47) being able to glare offensive pokemon to cripple them, counter or mirror coat to take out Pokemon with 1 move and set up stealth rocks/webs/any other hazards you might prefer is very valuable for Hyper Offense especially when all of these happen on the first Pokemon.

What are the viable natures for a chad Pokemon such as Smeargle? Well, anything with +speed really, but there are other factors to keep in mind. For example, if you are running counter/mirror coat you want to go hasty/naive respectively, so as to take additional damage from u-turn/volt switch, dealing more damage to the Pokemon switching in.

So why else would Smeargle be chad?

Smeargle clearly can run alot of value moves as I have mentioned above, but what about instead of giving yourself value with Smeargle, you devalue the opponent's team? With the ability to run 4 moves that can take out 1 or more Pokemon instantly, can quite literally destroy the foundation of the enemy's team/plans. For example, taking out Chansey in a Skarmory/Chansey defensive core or instantly taking out the opponent's biggest threat to your team. Making Pokemon a 5v5 game (Pokemon Unite xd) where the opponent has to play in your terms is deathly. Here is a replay of me vs c0mp in the Ascension-New Leaf tour match, I mean don't watch the end because...obviously I won hehe...c0mp is too good men 😢

(https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1450487345

And there you have it, a short and simple guide to using Smeargle, the chad Pokemon. In line with it being an artist, you have to be creative when playing around with Smeargle. I hope this guide was useful to you, else you could just listen to Joro which is probably more sound advice.

image.png.535dce132ee3336aaa0680ab52f7c101.png

Thanks for reading my (chad Smeargle user) guide. 20 Million Subs and Ill make part 2. o/

Edited by Nab
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

NABFINAL.gif.c9515b1a0e3cab7447d68b179fdfed87.gif

• 1 month later...