Make all mask items occupy the face slot of the character, instead of the head

Heroofthestreet

As the title says, I'd like to suggest making all mask items occupying the face slot of our character, instead of the head as it is right now.

The reasons are various. One would be that it would simply be the most natural thing because a mask in real life, as well as in fiction, occupies the face of a person or character, which allows them to wear all sorts of items on the head (from caps, hats and hoodies, to crowns, helmets and other headgear), while still  being able to wear a mask at the same time. An another is that considering how things are right now, the mask items overlap either entirely or partially with all the items that are meant to be for the face slot (such as tears, candy, other food or glasses), which basically makes the mask occupying two of our character's item slots, instead of one, unnecessarily consuming too much space that way. With this suggestion implemented, those slots would be used to a better potential, as we would be able to wear stuff on the head, while still being able to wear a mask at the same time. I believe it's needless to say that unlike some face items which naturally and logically completely overlap with masks (such as tears), headgear doesn't . Not to mention, making this suggestion reality would also open up more room for many different outfits. 

EDIT: Masks that are being worn on the head (which obviously don't cover the face), should be an exception and remain headgear (such as the ladder tour/staff reward mask for example)

Edited by HeroOfTheStreet
  • Like 3

+1

24 minutes ago, HeroOfTheStreet said:

As the title says, I'd like to suggest making all mask items occupying the face slot of our character, instead of the head as it is right now.

However, doing that also removes a lot of potensial, especially for the half/partial face masks.

I suppose the best case would be to let any half/partial face masks stay in the head slot and make fully-covered face masks a face slot, allowing you to still wear a hat/crown etc with any fully-covered face masks.

Here are some examples of why half-face/partial-face masks should still have a viable face slot to broaden the combinations available.

I am using the Fox mask (Exclusive mask) as an example below.
Since this is a half/partial face mask, but it can be used with many different combinations.

image.png.76f2ef0e4f282958a60b7d89e1c108b6.pngimage.png.de3575d3fd26100bc640e0a3bd707c1b.pngimage.png.1f50a5a974e5d3a8a2bf3c0818ce49ab.png

Anyway, I agree that this suggestion will open up a lot more interesting combinations for people to use.

And I'm curious to see where this ends up.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

I suppose the best case would be to let any half/partial face masks stay in the head slot and make fully-covered face masks a face slot, allowing you to still wear a hat/crown etc with any fully-covered face masks.

I agree entirely. When I made this suggestion, I had that mask in mind and I believe it should be treated exactly as you said (as part of headgear), as after all, it is being worn on the head, not on the face. Anyway that would make it the only exception (yet) or one of the few. Added it to the EDITed part of the suggestion

Edited by HeroOfTheStreet

• 2 weeks later...