OU/UU and AG Random/LC Random rotations?

Eaty

OU/UU and AG Random/LC Random rotations?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Should we rotate OU to UU and AG Random to LC Random for one month every three or four months?

• Definitely every three months
    • Definitely every four months
    • I am not a fan cause I don't want to buy/hunt UU Pokemon
    • Definitely not, both sound horrible

Not sure if a playerbase of this size can support it, but I'd love having OU always be available and then have a secondary ladder with rotating formats like UU, Monotype, etc. 

Some sort of Randbats ladder should be static as well but I'm sure noone would mind if u rotated the pool from AG to LC or something else monthly.

• Like 2

Keeping OU ranked and rotating random ranked battles with different formats seems really logical.

In a 4 months period:

1. random battle
  2. uu format
  3. random battle
  4. monotype 

Can be followed for the second tier while always having the ou tier.

Another idea is, if we wanna keep random battles, in future we are gonna give mid season rewards, so why not start the first part of the season as uu then switch to ou ( not always but once three months or so)

[JUSTIFY]Check out my Youtube Channel, I post non-meta(mostly) PVP videos and some tutorials in Pokemon Revolution Online. Most of my PVP videos also include Turkish commentary.

Some of my tutorial videos and playlists are in the links below:

2 Ways of Fast Levelling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsXxuVefZw

Bosses with Baton Pass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCIjvqnnfk

Boss Locations for Each Regionhttps://youtu.be/smaPyWsp_fA?list=PLkRxSYTe-u5A1XcAzilVFwbejSpd99BMg

Monotype PVP Battleshttps://youtu.be/ARyMvz9QMYI?list=PLkRxSYTe-u5ChEHtOqGpLWlbqqPRBLBsX

If you need me, you can reach me on Discord: Maynaq#0866 or IGN: Ayvazar & Ayvasar[/JUSTIFY]

6 hours ago, GThang said:

Not sure if a playerbase of this size can support it, but I'd love having OU always be available and then have a secondary ladder with rotating formats like UU, Monotype, etc. 

Some sort of Randbats ladder should be static as well but I'm sure noone would mind if u rotated the pool from AG to LC or something else monthly.

^ My thoughts as well.

Additionally, more styles of "ranked" pvp will add value to more pokemon. 

E6W75Tu.png

8 hours ago, Ayvazar said:

Keeping OU ranked and rotating random ranked battles with different formats seems really logical.

In a 4 months period:

1. random battle
  2. uu format
  3. random battle
  4. monotype 

Can be followed for the second tier while always having the ou tier.

Another idea is, if we wanna keep random battles, in future we are gonna give mid season rewards, so why not start the first part of the season as uu then switch to ou ( not always but once three months or so)

I like this idea

Personally don't think we have enough of a player base as of yet to support 2+ ranked tiers without Queue times being drastically longer.  Rotating them like this would be the best option. OU to UU and AG randbats to LC Randoms.  Every 3 months seems totally fair.

• Like 1

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

I hadn’t initially planned to comment the post because we always see the same people participating and giving their opinions on forum poll, what is not really good in my opinion. Something should really be done to collect information INGAME because too many players don’t even bother to come on forum to stay updated.

Why am I in favor of rotating OU/UU?
I am of course in favor of having anything that can bring some fresh air to pvp in PRO because what I like the most is having challenges and thinking of not too common teams that perform well in ranked. While I can understand that people can have fun by using the same Pokemon over and over again, even for years, I am sick of restrictions that obliterate the work of volunteer people and lead to stale (aka stable, aka healthy aka competitive) metagame.

About PRO specifities
I didn’t join PRO in 2018, to play a fan game that reproduces the same « errors » as the main series games (Pokemon is not a MMO) or other fan made Pokemon MMO (pay to win, following banned list from Smogon etc.) For me when you come here, you kind of agree that you have to hunt or buy Pokemon to pvp, you agree to do quests, you agree that things take time to be implemented since this is done by volunteers etc.
For many years, even though it tends to improve now, I noticed that OU Pokemon were easier to farm than non viable 5G/6G Pokemon (this may of course be because we don’t have the corresponding maps region) so when you try to be creative just for having fun, you suffer double pain: hard time finding the pokemon, hard time because you underperform in pvp (If you don’t believe me, just try to hunt phantump, karrablast, bouffalant, espurr, binacle, trubbish, sigilyph or mienfoo). We can’t expect people to be creative if it’s either impossible to hunt or called useless by people quoting Smogon in every discussion. This is something that Walross may get rid off by adding new pvp quests (I can’t wait to see them ^^).

This situation doesn’t exist in Smogon because you don’t need to farm and many Pokemon can find a way to shine in one of the so many tiers that exist. We can’t have that in PRO, we are too small of a community. But I believe that this is the pvp council work, in conjunction with Walross, to design a pvp scene that takes into account PRO specifities. Until now unfortunately,  some pvp council members seem to be solely concern on following main series games or Smogon what is a great paradox when nothing prevents them to play one or the other.

Why can rotating metagame be a good thing for PRO overall?

To conclude, rotating metagame is what I believe can suit the best PRO MMO specifities since it encourages people to enrich their Pokemon experience by not being stick to what they believe is a strong Pokemon or not, and therefore, to finally take possession of all that this game offers in terms of content. I mean, as a player, I have always been here for pve AND pvp, if we apply decisions based only on one or the other aspect, this will imbalance the game and lead to situations where having many people working on so many aspects of the game useless (We are talking about pvp here but don’t worry I have the same kind of thought about pve not being good at all, since it only requires 6 pokemon, but this is just not the place to talk about that ^^) .

I would have even considered going further, by changing the list of banned pokemon with each new season just to offer a different experience but I know that's far too controversial to ever happen so I'll be happy with these tier rotations and the new pvp quests.

Oh, and if UU does come someday, please offer a way to extend the storage. OU sets are already too difficult to deal with in 60 boxes, it will be even harder with UU sets.

Edited by GDarch
  • Like 3

For a game without any form of toxicity.

Ign : GDarch

Discord : GDarch#5224

spacer.png