SOMETHING USEFUL TO USELESS POKEMONS

Chaozrs

I am begginer in the game, 1 month only, but I see a lot tutorial to start hunt, spend my 20k in a synchronize adamant and my last money in 100 pokeballs and GO HUNT MAGIKARPS lol kkk 100 useless magikarps
Suggestion:
if i can sell , for example , each useless pokemon for 75 pokedollars, each 3 pokemons will give me a pokeball back ... this no will break the economy ... bu will help a lot new players that catch a lot pokemons early.
Or
trade 3 pokemons for 1 pokeball will be good to.

in the moment, RELEASE function looks like a full waste of time, and if you is a noob , like me, that go catching everything in start ... is frustrating.

this is not a suggestion for end-game players, is for new player have a few more option to recover your pokeballs.

TL;DR at the bottom

I personally feel like this will only benefit a small number of newer people doing story and that the timeframe for people actively using this is slim.

I know you said this is aimed for newer players, but it still wouldn't really suffice and do much difference, as there is many many maaaaaaany other ways to earn plenty of cash as a new player and to buy the pokeballs needed for hunting. So please take this as constructive feedback.

But, leaving my personal opinion aside and let us dwell a bit deeper into this.

1 hour ago, Chaozrs said:

if i can sell , for example , each useless pokemon for 75 pokedollars, each 3 pokemons will give me a pokeball back ... this no will break the economy ... bu will help a lot new players that catch a lot pokemons early.

There are many variables that I see is missing here and that should be addressed first. Getting a pokeball back for each 3 pokemon caught and released isn't really a worthwhile reward. You are losing 3 pokeballs worth to only get yielded a single pokeball OR 75 pokedollars back. That's not really a reward, that's basically a scam, even if you got a pokeball and 75 pokedollars back for every 3 pokemon its still a huge loss in the longer run. Furthermore, if you caught it with a great ball or ultra ball, would you just get a single regular Pokeball back. While you may still get something back from releasing it, it really isn't worth it IMO. 

trade 3 pokemons for 1 pokeball will be good to.

Same as my response above, its a huge loss and you are not earning anything back from it except a Pokeball. And even if you do get "something" back from releasing them, unlike in the current version, its still a big loss IMO.

Moving on...

in the moment, RELEASE function looks like a full waste of time, and if you is a noob , like me, that go catching everything in start ... is frustrating.

I agree that it looks like a waste of time to release. And to end-game players like myself, it is only used to clear box spaces to not reach the box limit while hunting or doing World Quest. I also understand that it may seem frustrating not being able to buy those pokeballs and that the struggle for money is real especially as a new player. But, there are many ways that new players and veteran players can earn lots of money in a small period of time. So take a look at the options below, it may be the solution for you and others in a smiliar position as yourself.

Want money fast? And have 5 Euro or more to spend on PRO?

All it takes is 5 euro to buy a Coin Capsule (aka a CC) in the Coin shop for 100 coins (essentially 5 euro). This can be sold for 400,000+ Pokedollars irrc (depending on the current market value). I would suggest that you observe trade chat for awhile and look for people selling CC and then sell your own CC for the same price as them or perhaps 10k lower to attract more buyers. This will easily get you 300 Ultra balls for 270,000 Pokedollars or 500,000 Pokedollars for 600 Ultra balls irrc from the Ultra Ball Maniac found in the Kanto Safari Zone building located in Fuchsia City.

Don't want to spend your irl money on PRO?

No need to worry, you can simply read HOW TO MAKE MONEY IN PRO 101: THE GUIDE. It features everything a newbie on PRO would need to know about getting money on PRO from the get-go. As much as I hate to admit it, Bhimoso did a very good job in making it as noob friendly as possible. And its pretty long too, so you can expect it to be packed with useful information.

TL;DR

I feel like this will only benefit a small number of newer people doing story and that the timeframe for people actively using this is slim. Thus, rendering this a pointless suggestion which I don't see any merits in. There are many other great ways of earning money fast and efficient on PRO, whether you're a new player or a veteran. Plenty of good in-depth guides out there that can explain how to earn money fast and efficient, even as a new player.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

I will play devil's advocate here and I'm actually going to +1 the idea.

It's not such a bad idea to have an NPC that, instead of Pokedollars, gives you 1 to 3 Pokeballs if you give him 5 trash pokemon at once (it would trigger a prompt where you show your party pokemon and choose which ones you want to discard). Maybe in Viridian Forest, for example. It would not generate Pokedollars into the economy (wouldn't really matter since 75 pokedollars is still less than a Pokeball) and it would still reward you with an item to keep hunting pokemon, while staying at a loss. Even 1 to 3 superballs for 5 trash pokemon at random would be fine imo for newbies at the beggining.

Probably not going to happen because it's very unnecessary but who knows. I'm going back to my cave to finish more guides. Just kidding I'm gonna go eat pizza

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

1 hour ago, Electrocute4u said:

TL;DR at the bottom

I personally feel like this will only benefit a small number of newer people doing story and that the timeframe for people actively using this is slim.

I know you said this is aimed for newer players, but it still wouldn't really suffice and do much difference, as there is many many maaaaaaany other ways to earn plenty of cash as a new player and to buy the pokeballs needed for hunting. So please take this as constructive feedback.

But, leaving my personal opinion aside and let us dwell a bit deeper into this.

There are many variables that I see is missing here and that should be addressed first. Getting a pokeball back for each 3 pokemon caught and released isn't really a worthwhile reward. You are losing 3 pokeballs worth to only get yielded a single pokeball OR 75 pokedollars back. That's not really a reward, that's basically a scam, even if you got a pokeball and 75 pokedollars back for every 3 pokemon its still a huge loss in the longer run. Furthermore, if you caught it with a great ball or ultra ball, would you just get a single regular Pokeball back. While you may still get something back from releasing it, it really isn't worth it IMO. 

Same as my response above, its a huge loss and you are not earning anything back from it except a Pokeball. And even if you do get "something" back from releasing them, unlike in the current version, its still a big loss IMO.

Moving on...

I agree that it looks like a waste of time to release. And to end-game players like myself, it is only used to clear box spaces to not reach the box limit while hunting or doing World Quest. I also understand that it may seem frustrating not being able to buy those pokeballs and that the struggle for money is real especially as a new player. But, there are many ways that new players and veteran players can earn lots of money in a small period of time. So take a look at the options below, it may be the solution for you and others in a smiliar position as yourself.

Want money fast? And have 5 Euro or more to spend on PRO?

All it takes is 5 euro to buy a Coin Capsule (aka a CC) in the Coin shop for 100 coins (essentially 5 euro). This can be sold for 400,000+ Pokedollars irrc (depending on the current market value). I would suggest that you observe trade chat for awhile and look for people selling CC and then sell your own CC for the same price as them or perhaps 10k lower to attract more buyers. This will easily get you 300 Ultra balls for 270,000 Pokedollars or 500,000 Pokedollars for 600 Ultra balls irrc from the Ultra Ball Maniac found in the Kanto Safari Zone building located in Fuchsia City.

Don't want to spend your irl money on PRO?

No need to worry, you can simply read HOW TO MAKE MONEY IN PRO 101: THE GUIDE. It features everything a newbie on PRO would need to know about getting money on PRO from the get-go. As much as I hate to admit it, Bhimoso did a very good job in making it as noob friendly as possible. And its pretty long too, so you can expect it to be packed with useful information.

TL;DR

I feel like this will only benefit a small number of newer people doing story and that the timeframe for people actively using this is slim. Thus, rendering this a pointless suggestion which I don't see any merits in. There are many other great ways of earning money fast and efficient on PRO, whether you're a new player or a veteran. Plenty of good in-depth guides out there that can explain how to earn money fast and efficient, even as a new player.

Is a low value , to not do difference to end game like you, to not broken economy like other suggestion saying 500k per poke, is low value, but is something, a lot better that lost everithing in release.
ANYTHING IS A LOOT BETTER THAT NOTHING ...is whortwhile

16 hours ago, Bhimoso said:

I will play devil's advocate here and I'm actually going to +1 the idea.

It's not such a bad idea to have an NPC that, instead of Pokedollars, gives you 1 to 3 Pokeballs if you give him 5 trash pokemon at once (it would trigger a prompt where you show your party pokemon and choose which ones you want to discard).

First of all, what u say is giving me bidoof flashbacks, and we dont need more of that in the game. (Please)

Second: Pokeballs sell for 180/piece with the thief seller in celadon, if every 3rd capture gives you back a pokeball you save 33%.

If its a greatball you can sell that for 300 and save 55,5%.

If its an ultraball you can sell that for 600 and even get 60 dollars of it.

Imo the game needs money sinks, and we need rather more than less. Id much more prefer that you get free pokeballs after every gym or something that can only be claimed once, but I feel like this is too abuseable.

+1 
It would be kinda good for newbies to get motivated for hunting and actually get anything from the trash pokes they have in pc
This way people can get something from for all those wasted pokeballs spent and getting something is better than nothing as you said.But im not sure something like this would get implemented considering that the game needs money sinks too...

Edited by hesara

+1 for the idea to help newbie is nice. This game kinda hard at first and its not easy gather money when u have nothing, cant hunt cant boss cant pvp, some of my friends ddnt event interested continue after doing half kanto... 

___________________________________________________________________________________

image.jpeg.e982d2b7e278b3b1d88369a70572e0d1.jpeg

___________________________________________________________________________________

Everybody saying it's nice for new players won't hesitate a second to use it themselves. (Including me)

If this is implemented, make it so that only players who have less than 8 badges or haven't defeated the Kanto champion be able to use it.

This way, you'll still have your money sinks, and newer players don't waste 100 Pokeballs hunting Magikarps, everyone wins.

Edited by Raika