[FEEDBACK] XMAS Event

Shinohara

For me, it would be the best and thrilling event so far if u keep aside the poke spawns

Pokemon Dungeon

- I like the idea that we can play with our friends, guildies, and random people we've never met.

- One thing I did notice is that, running a random party did not served its purpose as "random" since most players after a few tries gave up of the thought of not sticking with a proper teammates therefore, they will only do dungeon again with strong players they've previously known doing dungeon before.

- The cooldowns of guild party and random party should be seperated, for random party cd is 8hrs while the guild party should be 1 day or probably more, the reason behind this is to give more priority for other players who are playing random party.

Dragonspiral Tower

- I can only say, its freaking awesome and loved the idea and expecting for more something like this to come.

Pokemon Spawn

- I know that it's intentionally nerf the spawn to give more focus for other things like dungeon, but should at least to put Ferroseed in event island so we can also hunt it without ms and having to pay fees like in valley of steel 😞 .

Untitled_05-31-2022_12-01-07_2.png.b0206a71b8f00a4946f0e5bd1b5adf38.png

I hate the Light Ball RNG for Reshiram. Dungeon took long, was hard and you basically not getting rewarded properly.

"To hurt others is part of being human but...
Sometimes we hurt people so much
That there is no way to fix their soul...
And we lose them
Forever."

The Xmas event was fun, and it wasn't sparse for once when it comes to new and exciting content that one can use for guides or Youtube/Streaming. While it was fun and had rich with new content, it did not feel too special. With the exception of the first ever co-op dungeon quest that I did not partake in. But in overall it kept me playing and kept me coming back for revenge on Dragonspiral Tower.  I swear, the one who came up with the Pansage run and the idea to make wild Pokemon spawn, you've traumatized me for eternity... :C

Well, let me dwell a bit deeper into each part of the new Xmas event quests.

Missing Santa Quest

A overall exciting new quest with little to complain about, great for producing content, but not the best rewards.

Spoiler

The storyline was a bit weird, especially with the turture of the player and Santa. It felt off-putting and also felt severely out of place for a "children's game", considering that a majority of the players might be underage. It also felt challenging, but it wasn't anything close to being hard. I would rate it as medium, just like I did when I made the Missing Santa (quest) wiki guide for this. On the topic of that, it was a great addition for making guides, as it had plenty of rich content to document and was pretty much straightforward with no sidetracks. The only thing I would change was the rewards, it felt like I wasted 1-2 hours on a few simple items that I could easily buy in the xmas store if I was interested in them. And the Santa outfit was a neat addition, but I probably won't ever be able to use it, as it doesn't feel like anyone really care too much about seasonal cosmetics in this game right now, making it essentially pointless. However, I didn't do the quest for the rewards this time, but for the content and to complete the only prerequisite for the Dark Stone Quest.

Dark Stone (Zekrom)

Finally a new cachable Legendary, interesting storyline and pretty straighforward quest, great for producing content as well.

Spoiler

The storyline was great, it felt pretty straightforward, but I did mark it as "Hard" on the Zekrom and Reshiram (quest) wiki guide I created. Mainly because of the fact it also had the co-op dungeon that comes in the section below and the fact that the Dragonspiral Tower was a real challenge in itself. I can say for certain that the true challenge of that tower was the Pansage run on Dragonspiral Tower 4F. I feel sorry for all the phone-only players that might've struggled with it. Since it was hard enough on PC, so I can only feel that the difficulty would rise on a small phone screen. Furthermore, it was a neat idea to disallow any healing and PP items. It made the challenge even harder the first few attemps before learning the AI patterns and avoiding all and any that you don't need to battle. The only thing I wish was a bit more explained was the first Battle Tournament during the second step of the getting the Dark Stone. It felt messy and randomized and most of the time it felt like luck was the only reliable factor of being the winning. And the x2, x3 and x4 mulitpliers should've been explained better. But it was a fun little quest to complete, in order to capture a new Legendary. Too bad that I only was able to obtain Zekrom and not its counterpart. 

Light Stone (Reshiram) & The co-op Dungeon Quest

A new way of obtaining a Legendary in the first ever co-op quest on PRO, felt messy, onorganized and totally out of place.

Spoiler

Despite it being a new addition to PRO, It felt like it needs a major improvement and it wasn't the best way to introduce a new co-op feature. Furthermore, putting a RNG based item in order to be able capture the other counterpart to a easily acquirable Zekrom, it is truly a shame. It felt pretty much hopeless when I heard that this was the only way to be able to capture Reshiram. A legendary that is locked behind a RNG wall, where one would need to be blessed with random Veteran Pokemon players, good friends or guildmates is not something I'd expect from PRO to be able to obtain a new Legendary. Every other Legendary in the game can be obtained by the player alone, and that should never IMO be converted to a RNG based co-op environment. But, I think it is a interesting new spin to PRO and I can't say too much negative things about the idea behind it, as it was a great idea, just poorly executed. Player feedback should give you the right direction to go, and I hope PRO will take every ounce of it into account when improving it. At least this had potential for making new and fresh content during the event.

TL;DR

Storywise, great. Overall, not too happy about the co-op dungeon RNG drop for a Legendary. New and fresh co-op feature that can attract some oppertunities for content. And the new quests are rich with new and exciting contents (i.e for Wiki/Forum Guides, Youtube videos/tutorials and Streaming). Co-op Dungeon needs major improvements going forward and future Legendaries should never be locked behind a RNG wall and or a co-op only challenge as it isn't the PRO's style of doing things IMO.

Edited by Electrocute4u
Added TL;DR section after being asked by PrayforStefan

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

Dungeon was nice , i dont even mind the RNG drop of the Lightstone - the only problem for me was the Lucarionite quest. I  needed 10 runs just to get the 11.2 room for Thomas since he didnt spawn in 11.1 , idk if this was rly bad RNG but i feel like u should be able to finish this quest in 1 run. Overall this was rly nice content u can do with other players , would like to see more Dungeons in the future :SquirtleSquad:

As someone who likes to farm, this was hands down the worst event of 2021. 

There were simply no good spawns in the event maps. Pokemon either didn't spawn at certain times and/or there were 2 or more pokemons with conflicting natures in the mix (rare-tier ones).

If you wanted to farm a specific pokemon during the event, you had basically 4 choices :

1. Farm M/D in one map, then walk through 10+ maps to keep going for the night.

2. Pick the M/D map and farm there. if it's night, farm something less desirable.

3. Farm in the M/D map, log off when it's night.

4. Just farm something that has a full-time spawn.

I personally chose the number 3. so If the goal was to cut down on playing time it worked. 

Later on, I switched to number 4 and it gave such a refreshing feeling to be able to farm whenever you wanted, which shouldn't be happening during an event.

I didn't do any other event content because I was forced to be away from the event map by bad spawns.

Xmas calendar was a good idea, but it lacked clothes/hats.

It was pathetic in my opinion and again we got mega Lucario stone , Reshiram and Zekrom which all of those are banned and kind of useless to have. Here's some other reasons i thought it was bad:
-Based on Rng ( No matter how good you are you still might not get rewarded . i personally dont wanna keep doing the dungeon in order to get something thats banned ) motivate me to do it... didnt feel motivated
-Had to pray for server and your teammates in dungeon not to crash in order to get IV ticket
-The quests are not hard but annoying and a waste of time.
-Hard to get a team of friends ( not same guild ) to enter the dungeon without other players joining your party
-I used specs keldeo secret sword on mega tyranitar and it survived with 30% health. i think thats unnecessary to overpower a boss like that 
-Expecting us to complete us the quest with no communication in the dungeon. Its something that needs to be done in a voice chat otherwise everyone is typing in that little small window and its chaotic

1 hour ago, Electrocute4u said:

The Xmas event was fun, and it wasn't sparse for once when it comes to new and exciting content that one can use for guides or Youtube/Streaming. While it was fun and had rich with content, it did not feel too special. With the exception of the first ever co-op dungeon quest that I did not partake in. But in overall it kept me playing and kept me coming back for revenge on Dragonspiral Tower.  I swear, the one who came up with the Pansage run and the idea to make wild Pokemon spawn, you've traumatized me for eternity... :C

Well, let me dwell a bit deeper into each part of the new Xmas event quests.

Missing Santa Quest

A overall exciting new quest with little to complain about, great for producing content, but not the best rewards.

The storyline was a bit weird, especially with the turture of the player and Santa. It felt off-putting and also felt severely out of place for a "children's game", considering that a majority of the players might be underage. It also felt challenging, but it wasn't anything close to being hard. I would rate it as medium, just like I did when I made the Missing Santa (quest) wiki guide for this. On the topic of that, it was a great addition for making guides, as it had plenty of rich content to document and was pretty much straightforward with no sidetracks. The only thing I would change was the rewards, it felt like I wasted 1-2 hours on a few simple items that I could easily buy in the xmas store if I was interested in them. And the Santa outfit was a neat addition, but I probably won't ever be able to use it, as it doesn't feel like anyone really care too much about seasonal cosmetics in this game right now, making it essentially pointless. However, I didn't do the quest for the rewards this time, but for the content and to complete the only prerequisite for the Dark Stone Quest.

Dark Stone (Zekrom)

Finally a new cachable Legendary, interesting storyline and pretty straighforward quest, great for producing content as well.

The storyline was great, it felt pretty straightforward, but I did mark it as "Hard" on the Zekrom and Reshiram (quest) wiki guide I created. Mainly because of the fact it also had the co-op dungeon that comes in the section below and the fact that the Dragonspiral Tower was a real challenge in itself. I can say for certain that the true challenge of that tower was the Pansage run on Dragonspiral Tower 4F. I feel sorry for all the phone-only players that might've struggled with it. Since it was hard enough on PC, so I can only feel that the difficulty would rise on a small phone screen. Furthermore, it was a neat idea to disallow any healing and PP items. It made the challenge even harder the first few attemps before learning the AI patterns and avoiding all and any that you don't need to battle. The only thing I wish was a bit more explained was the first Battle Tournament during the second step of the getting the Dark Stone. It felt messy and randomized and most of the time it felt like luck was the only reliable factor of being the winning. And the x2, x3 and x4 mulitpliers should've been explained better. But it was a fun little quest to complete, in order to capture a new Legendary. Too bad that I only was able to obtain Zekrom and not its counterpart. 

Light Stone (Reshiram) & The co-op Dungeon Quest

A new way of obtaining a Legendary in the first ever co-op quest on PRO, felt messy, onorganized and totally out of place.

Despite it being a new addition to PRO, It felt like it needs a major improvement and it wasn't the best way to introduce a new co-op feature. Furthermore, putting a RNG based item in order to be able capture the other counterpart to a easily acquirable Zekrom, it is truly a shame. It felt pretty much hopeless when I heard that this was the only way to be able to capture Reshiram. A legendary that is locked behind a RNG wall, where one would need to be blessed with random Veteran Pokemon players, good friends or guildmates is not something I'd expect from PRO to be able to obtain a new Legendary. Every other Legendary in the game can be obtained by the player alone, and that should never IMO be converted to a RNG based co-op environment. But, I think it is a interesting new spin to PRO and I can't say too much negative things about the idea behind it, as it was a great idea, just poorly executed. Player feedback should give you the right direction to go, and I hope PRO will take every ounce of it into account when improving it. At least this had potential for making new and fresh content during the event.

tldr; pls?

For the most part, I loved the cooperative dungeon experience. I also especially loved the puzzles and battles in the dragonspiral tower. My constructive feedback echoes almost everyone else in this thread.
1. Because this dungeon is so difficult and so involved, you sort of needed to do it with a lot of real-time coordination. So not having a way to assemble a team of your friends without other random people joining was really annoying. There should be a way to make a group other than random groups or guild mates. 
2. If the guilds can do it with 3 people, the other groups should be able to leave with 3 people.
3. Having the Lucarionite and the light stone be RNG dependent was really tough, since this quest took so much time and effort. If only one was RNG dependent, that would have been better, but having neither be dependent would be much preferred. Especially because if your friends get the good rewards, they don't have any incentive to do the quest with you again, so it gets harder to get the rewards as your friends stop wanting to help.

Overall, I liked the collaborative quest and would enjoy more things like this in the future.

image.gif.1fa5b89a8f39a0fb525bdd5be442545a.gif1946760_e2e29.gif593486a15c90d_lexsmurfsomha_zps14lrr22a.thumb_gifc200.gif