Possible Defog bug involving sticky web

Carmlives

When the opponent has the sticky web entry hazard on the field alongside stealth rocks when I use defog it does not remove the sticky web but does remove the stealth rock if opponent uses protect. I do not believe this is as intended. 

The same bug seems to occur when opponent is using dig or fly in place of protect.

When testing with a friend we found that in requested 1v1 duels this does not apply and instead dig and protect don't allow any hazards to be removed.

My friend and I do not have any screenshots from this happening to us in pvp (but we have both experienced the protect-defog situation). I will update this post with a screenshot of this occurring in pvp if/when I can.

Update: Pvp functions exactly as the screenshots provided. I would like clarification on if this is intended or not.

Before defog attempt 11.png.2b73497f4894898c0e430672fb9ccbd0.png

After defog attempt 1 (protect)2.png.20e2c00669507ebab90c01ad39d55741.png

Before defog attempt 23.png.13f012ae6848dd9771c3d3b5a20d8932.png

After defog attempt 2 (dig)

4.png.cfe8aa415a63a03c30f7b64bf81474ae.png

Before defog attempt 35.png.161a75ec19b970f06b2b982b7616045a.png

After defog attempt 3 (normal circumstances control test)6.png.7e455b28f7768ebe0355af93b3ad26fc.png

Edited by Carmlives

• Carmlives changed the title to Possible Defog bug involving sticky web

Hello @Carmlives. Apologies for the late response.

I have forwarded your issue to our Testers so that they can confirm the bug. Once they are finished with their investigation, either myself or one of them will reply.

Thank you for reporting this.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

Hello @Carmlives,

Thank you for the report. Defog should remove all hazards on the field, unless the target is in the semi-invulnerable turn of a move. Therefore, it is the intended behaviour. However, we were unable to reproduce only stealth rock getting removed but not other hazards when opponent uses protect. Can you give us a bit more details when that happened to you, like what Pokémon were on the field, what moves were used, etc. Looking forward to your reply.

Please don't hesitate to create a new thread in Bug Resolution Center if you wish to report a different issue. Thank you and have a good day!  

Regards,  
Toxabest

Toxabest.gif

General Support | Bug Resolution Center | PRO Rules

Do not contact staff members for private support. Instead, create a thread as it may help others.
Unsolicited messages will be stalled by Toxapex.

I was using a zapdos, they were using ferrothorn+ribombee I believe. Sticky web and rocks were on the field, I defog with zapdos, they protect on ferrothorn. Rocks gone, web not. But all testing done since than seems like nothing is removed. I cannot remember how long ago this occurred.  Thanks for clarifying this is intended we were getting mixed answers on that.

We were unable to replicate the bug with this information. Our developers are constantly fixing bugs in the game so this could have been another one that was fixed in a previous update. Once again, thank you for the report and have a good day!

Toxabest.gif

General Support | Bug Resolution Center | PRO Rules

Do not contact staff members for private support. Instead, create a thread as it may help others.
Unsolicited messages will be stalled by Toxapex.