Turning PRO into a NFT/Crypto Game

Jrauditore

Okay, this suggestion here is kind of my last attempt to have a NFT Pokemon MMO game not made by myself, lol

I don't know how PRO is going nowadays.

If players are still logging in, doing stuff, donating and/or signing up for memberships, but if there's an idea that can really shake grounds and skyrocket PRO to an unthinkable level, is converting/adapting it into a NFT/Crypto game.

BECAUSE:

1- This game already have the best economy and trading system i've seem since old school Tibia

2- We have all battle systems, RPG, history and stuff ready to go

3- We have POKEMON. On all sizes, types, natures and every single one being unique (this should be the main goal of any NFT game and they're all failing at this)

4- Devs still anonymous and Nintendo won't touch'em

I'm not saying even we should have deep changes/balancings in order to make it a "play to earn", it could be as simple as releasing a PRO Token and converting ingame currency into it, and the option to transform our Pokes and items into NFTs in order to negotiate on marketplaces.

The CONS:

1- Maybe releasing token and nft contracts are not that simple

2- Maybe implementing these contracts inside PRO is a very hard work

3- Maybe PRO could trend so much that Nintendo would finally try to shut down the project

4- Maybe we could just bring speculators into the environment that could just mess everything up

But i really want the team to consider it

Just create a new server to do this and keep gold/silver as they are.. I'd really prefer to rely in you guys to do this than myself since i don't have technical skills to do something as good as PRO.

Thx in advance.

Edited by JrAuditore
  • Like 1

Pretty sure they would need to revamp their Overall game rules, because NFT resolves around World Trading/Real Money.

Refering to the Overall Game rules paragraph 4.

• 4. Real Money/ World Trading is strictly prohibited and all accounts involved will receive a permanent ban if done.
    This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Buying or selling anything in PRO for money or goods in real life.
    • Exchanging anything in PRO for items, money, etc on another game.
    • Buying or selling an account on PRO for money or goods in-game. (Example: Coin Capsule, etc.)
    • Buying or selling an account on PRO for money or goods in real life.
    • Buying or selling an account on PRO for CC.

This is not to say that the suggestion is hindered by this, but it means that NFT can be used as a condition to buy in-game assets, which again is currently against PRO's rules.

NFT is pretty much a debated topic nowadays, whether or not it will be the next thing to "take over" world currency. I for myself think its a one-time thing, wheras it will die out in a few years and everything related to it will fail miserably. Because its non-fungible its pretty much already a issue from the get-go, but that debate is something I rather sway away from, because people seem to have no end in getting flamable regarding it. Hencefourth I will give this a suggestion a -1. Because as of right now, there is no garantee that this won't backfire on PRO for the coming years and the fact that you also state in your CONS that Nintendo might/will eventually hear about PRO, especially if they make money in public, its game over for them. And honestly, not a big fan of NFT. But this reply is not biased based on my personal opinion of NFT.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

No, please, just no. Stop trying to stick cryptocurrencies, NFT and more garbage into everything. This literally makes 0 sense in this game, has no connection, it's a pokemon MMORPG and these markets are dubious and more often than not on the borderline illegal side due to the lack of legislation on it. This doesn't fit neither here nor somewhere else. Just drop it, it's not the first NFT and crypto garbage suggestion that comes and makes no sense. None of it should be linked to PRO. It's a fangame on a completely unrelated theme (pokemon), I have no idea why people want to insist on enabling crypto everywhere. It's run by volunteers for fans with no profit. 

Absolute -1

• Like 5

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Is there any possible way to get money from this game? Beside from making yt videos and not again the rules? Or can we just cash out cc but maybe only half price (just say buy cc = 8 usd, cash out = 4 usd)? I mean if i have shiny beldum epic and someone offer 300m pokedollar i will be like take ur money and get tf out, but if we can cash out cc maybe i can re think to sell it... with this maybe more people will buy cc and more people hunting. at least pro can control rmt on game. At this point except login for pvp and get some chitchat, theres nothing rlly instersting. Sorry replying here, only come to mind when someone talk about rmt

-1 Definitely no, It would be extremely weird for PRO(a non-profit and fan based game) to turns into a NFT/Crypto. even if SOMEHOW, PRO turns into NFT/Crypto game, it would obviously not survive and worst, it will ruin the game by a lot of different factors including issues regarding game rewards as well as those who have unimaginable in-game fortune who'll benefit from all.

Untitled_05-31-2022_12-01-07_2.png.b0206a71b8f00a4946f0e5bd1b5adf38.png

Maybe the NFT Games aren't failing because they don't have the right thing to be an NFT, maybe it's because it's an NFT game that it's failing.

Also, Nintendo would go after the game if it were to start being profitable.

Overall it's simple, it won't happen. You're basically asking for a non-profit game to be turned into a profitable game through means that are basically permanently flawed

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

It would fundamentally break the TOS to make profit with NFT = No More PRO.  NFTs are dumb and will die out within the year, best not get too attached to them.  As for the Crypto, this is just a big fat -1.  Crypto is already a very fragile market and should never touch PRO.

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

On 3/19/2022 at 4:14 AM, Electrocute4u said:

Pretty sure they would need to revamp their Overall game rules, because NFT resolves around World Trading/Real Money.

Refering to the Overall Game rules paragraph 4.

This is not to say that the suggestion is hindered by this, but it means that NFT can be used as a condition to buy in-game assets, which again is currently against PRO's rules.

NFT is pretty much a debated topic nowadays, whether or not it will be the next thing to "take over" world currency. I for myself think its a one-time thing, wheras it will die out in a few years and everything related to it will fail miserably. Because its non-fungible its pretty much already a issue from the get-go, but that debate is something I rather sway away from, because people seem to have no end in getting flamable regarding it. Hencefourth I will give this a suggestion a -1. Because as of right now, there is no garantee that this won't backfire on PRO for the coming years and the fact that you also state in your CONS that Nintendo might/will eventually hear about PRO, especially if they make money in public, its game over for them. And honestly, not a big fan of NFT. But this reply is not biased based on my personal opinion of NFT.

This.

Plus NFTs are a joke.