Lock a Pokemon to an Acc for the Season when it is used in Ranked PvP

Caprifame

Hello everyone,

Before you type your -1 to this idea, hear me out:

The idea is to lock a Pokemon from being used in Ranked play on any other account after it has been used for the first time in a Season.

The reason why I think this is necessary is

- Sniping

- Ghosting

- Moving Ladder Tour to PRO

To give a short explaination on all 3 reasons for my suggestion:

Sniping

Sniping refers to using your second account to match up against other players you compete for a spot on the ladder with. Due to your alt accounts low rating, the rating loss for the Player will be very high, while he still has to play vs a top ladder team and opponent. This is the main reason people dont play at the end of the month and instead all hop onto their alt accounts. It is just more efficient to be on low rating during the final part of the season and try to steal rating from the people that try to push past you on ladder.

If Pokemon were locked to the Main Account Players are no longer able to just run the same team (looking at HO and Rain which are very present right now and dont require much legendary support) on their alt account and will have to either run a different team/playstyle on their accounts or buy duplicates, which makes sniping people a lot harder.

Ghosting

Ghosting refers to helping someone to gain rating by calling the moves he should use on voice chat and/or lending him a team thats able to perform well in the current Meta. Ghosting is very popular and would probably fall under Ranked Boosting if it was possible to gain any evidence. 

While my suggestion cant stop ghosting, at least the players will have to use their own teams. The player doing the "helping" will have to adapt to it and play with a team he might not be familiar with. Playing a different team or maybe just a bit less optimal mons can already have a huge impact on the success rate of ghosting.

Moving Ladder Tour to PRO

Now this is a big one, I would like to quote Walross' announcement:

- PRO Ladder Tournament will be moved to test server.

- I will copy all level 100 Pokemon from ladder players from silver and gold to test on season end.

Basicly what I see here is "The people who reached ladder will ask their guild to lend them the best Pokemon they have avaible so they can use them in Ladder Tour"

It would be necessary to make sure the Pokemon used in the Tour arent just the best Pokemon the Guild has avaible, but the best ones the players have avaible. 

This is an MMO and a lot of the Top Ranked Players only see the competetive aspect and refuse to spend time into farming and doing PvE since they can just lend every godly version of a Pokemon from others.

Compare this aspect to other MMOs please, imagine that in WoW, you just lend the Gear from your Guild and share it during the whole PvP season. It is just not a thing in any other MMOs and I think it is necessary to implement this into PRO aswell.

Summary:

This feature will lock Pokemon to an account after they have been used for the first time in ranked pvp in a season. 

They will be unlocked after every Season.

The Pokemon should receive a "Lock" Icon that can be seen when it is linked in chat to prevent players buying a locked pokemon they want to use right now.

The Pokemon are still tradeable but cant be used in ranked pvp on another account.

Adding this feature will attack some annoying Strategies in competetive play:

It will make it harder to:

- Gain Rating with 2 Accs

- Attempt Snipes at season end

- do ghosting

- bring perfect Mons into ladder tour

Pokemon will also gain more value on the market as there is now a reason to buy it for yourself when you can no longer share your perfect IV Lopunny with your whole guild.

I am looking forward to a lot of feedback from you all, please dont hate me 🙂

Capri

Sounds interesting on paper, but the real question is... will it work and actually discourage people from ghosting and sniping on their alt accounts? Maybe, maybe not. At the very least it would be a hassle and a pain to wait an entire season to sell your PvP pokes or trade them which you perhaps used once or a few times but decided to sell/trade to get a better PvP meta team. Won't really affect a lot of people, only perhaps like a few individual groups or guilds. And as we know, trading or lending is a big part of PRO and especially on the PvP front.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

1 hour ago, CapriFame said:

Before you type your -1 to this idea, hear me out:

Too late I read the title, -1

Scenario:
Buy a poke, use in PvP, realize it's awful or you want a different nature, abi, etc. SELL TIME

Scenario 2:
Mid season - guildmate A finished getting ladder, doesn't need pokes he used anymore, lends a couple to guildmate B so that he can pvp with his team/test a new one

Basicly what I see here is "The people who reached ladder will ask their guild to lend them the best Pokemon they have avaible so they can use them in Ladder Tour"

This is already allowed in normal ranked pvp though that's the thing, I won't lie I've asked for pokes from guildmates and had them lend me pokes to try out on teams and use them for a while, learned some new teams, new styles, etc. Thing is, there's no "Between season time" which means you're basically asking, if someone pvped once with a poke, that they wait at max an entire month to be able to sell that poke for pvp.

Refresh my memory I'm not a ladder player, it was on showdown previously correct?

• Like 2

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

But not everyone is rich and this will just make things tougher for an already tough game. I have only 400 hours in this game and it took me atleast 100 hours of that gameplay just to make a team and collect all legends. Changing pokes every season will be too hectic and for casual people who only want to pvp once in a while in their free time is gonna make it really difficult for them to play and hence force them to discontinue. The spawns in this game are not too good either for some meta pokes which makes it all the more annoying for making another new team. All in all a decent suggestion but i think this will never be possible for a game like PRO 😅. So its a -1 from me sorry.

Edited by LoneWarrior20
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

Scenario:
Buy a poke, use in PvP, realize it's awful or you want a different nature, abi, etc. SELL TIME

You can still sell it, the pokemon will have a lock icon and the buyer will know it cant be used in PvP again this season.

If you want to sell it like that or wait till the end of month to sell it unlocked is up to you.

11 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

Scenario 2:
Mid season - guildmate A finished getting ladder, doesn't need pokes he used anymore, lends a couple to guildmate B so that he can pvp with his team/test a new one

This is whats bothering me and shouldnt be in an MMO imo. PvP is the latest lategame feature of PRO with the best rewards. A

nd people being able to hop into it with 0 efforts shouldnt be possible.

12 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

Refresh my memory I'm not a ladder player, it was on showdown previously correct?

Correct, but if they wanted to give perfect Mons for ladder tour they would just let them use the Megatest Map again where you can created perfect mons.

10 minutes ago, LoneWarrior20 said:

But not everyone is rich and this will just make things tougher for an already tough game. I have only 400 hours in this game and it took me atleast 100 hours of that gameplay just to make a team and collect all legends. Changing pokes every season will be too hectic and for casual people who only want to pvp once in a while in their free time is gonna make it really difficult for them to play and hence force them to discontinue. The spawns in this game are not too good either for some meta pokes which makes it all the more annoying for making another new team. All in all a decent suggestion but i think this will never be possible for a game like PRO 😅. So its a -1 from me sorry.

Thanks for your comment 🙂

People who only want to PvP can do this on showdown, an MMO isnt the right place for it imo. It is good that PvP is connected to a lot of grinding and should be pushed further as the thing you work for with all the PvE content avaible.

11 minutes ago, Sale01 said:

-1 imho bad idea, don't help ppl to start pvp with skill and mons don't made you ladder or be better so no sense for me.

Even the best player will not outspeed a 31 Speed Pokemon with a 30 Speed Pokemon. When they are very good they will find a way with the Ressources they have avaible, just look at Frozen laddering with stuff I would trash when i caught it.

9 hours ago, CapriFame said:

You can still sell it, the pokemon will have a lock icon and the buyer will know it cant be used in PvP again this season.

it looks to me that this would deter a lot of mid month sales, just a personal viewpoint of it.

This is whats bothering me and shouldnt be in an MMO imo. PvP is the latest lategame feature of PRO with the best rewards. And people being able to hop into it with 0 efforts shouldnt be possible.

Some people just aren't interested in the other aspects of the game, some have played pvp previously and want a new space to play it, it's not awful to have more people pvp, it's the same situation as real life, people with more experience can cycle around in the job market because they've got experience, longtimers would get annoyed that someone new is coming in as their superior but it's just how it is.

Correct, but if they wanted to give perfect Mons for ladder tour they would just let them use the Megatest Map again where you can created perfect mons.

so why didn't they?

• Like 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

15 hours ago, CapriFame said:

Summary:

This feature will lock Pokemon to an account after they have been used for the first time in ranked pvp in a season. 

They will be unlocked after every Season.

The Pokemon should receive a "Lock" Icon that can be seen when it is linked in chat to prevent players buying a locked pokemon they want to use right now.

The Pokemon are still tradeable but cant be used in ranked pvp on another account.

Adding this feature will attack some annoying Strategies in competetive play:

It will make it harder to:

- Gain Rating with 2 Accs

- Attempt Snipes at season end

- do ghosting

This is more of a Patch than anything, not a true fix to the issue at hand.  It would do more harm to the average player that enjoys pvp more than top guilds.  Sharing pokemon is inevitable as that is the nature of Pocket Monsters.   Me and my friends love to share strategies with eachother and lend each other mons all the time to test.  Perfect pokemon do not make for Perfect strategy.  As the nature with pokemon there will always be a counter.  Its just the playerbase does not want to adapt with more than 1 team. 

Love the effort you put into it though.

• Like 2

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

• 2 weeks later...