Pokemon Trading Update Required!

Boombaby111

On 5/23/2022 at 10:56 PM, Electrocute4u said:

Probably the biggest factor playing a part is fear for having to learn something.

And by implemeting a Auction house, it would also remove a lot of the current activity that the forums recieves on a day-to-day basis. As most of the posts I see on the front page feed is trade-related.

Appreciate the response but that first part doesn't make any sense.

Why would anyone have fear to learn an auction house? This is literally in every mmo, there is nothing new to learn it's just basic convenience.

Does it really matter if the activity is ingame or in the forum? I guess it might matter if the forum generates revenue for the devs but I doubt it. Maybe it does?

I would say the biggest factor is that the devs don't know how to do it or don't get paid enough to justify going through the trouble of doing it.

Other than adding content to the game like a new region or other fun stuff, this should be top priority.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chitch00 said:

Appreciate the response but that first part doesn't make any sense.

Why would anyone have fear to learn an auction house? This is literally in every mmo, there is nothing new to learn it's just basic convenience.

I agree that it doesn't make any sense for someone to fear an auction house.

I was just simply trying to imagine what the potential biggest factor for a user who said no to an auction house would be, not implying it was, hencefourth why I started my sentece with "probably". Its almost seen anywhere in a MMO, so its true that its nothing new to learn or see in a MMO game.

Does it really matter if the activity is ingame or in the forum? I guess it might matter if the forum generates revenue for the devs but I doubt it. Maybe it does?

The location doesn't matter no, but the majority of users who use the forums on a daily basis is currently is using it for trade/auction. And since I don't see any ads, I don't think it creates any revenue.

I would say the biggest factor is that the devs don't know how to do it or don't get paid enough to justify going through the trouble of doing it.

Other than adding content to the game like a new region or other fun stuff, this should be top priority.

I learned recently that they will be making an auction house, just not what everyone was hoping for and in a much smaller scale as in an NPC found in-game. And this was talked about during a QnA awhile back, but I think its subject to change, depending on what the community wants. But for their skills, I can vouch that they probably know how to create it, but don't have the manpower to execute such a large project right now. But this is not something I have the information to backup my claims for, so don't take my word for it being 100% accurate. But right now their focus lies in the merge of Silver and Gold into one big server, so for the time being their focus lies elsewhere I suppose.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

I agree that it doesn't make any sense for someone to fear an auction house.

I was just simply trying to imagine what the potential biggest factor for a user who said no to an auction house would be, not implying it was, hencefourth why I started my sentece with "probably". Its almost seen anywhere in a MMO, so its true that its nothing new to learn or see in a MMO game.

Yea well no offense, I think 99.99% of people don't fear an auction house, I think you're just wrong about that. Maybe there isn't even a single person in the world like that lol

Appreciate the rest of response, just had to disagree with that one take lol

I played a few years ago and then stopped and came back etc so I'm not the most hardcore player or anything by far (that's just to say I don't really know the prices of things all that well) but when I came back I noticed more people complaining about how the economy is dead and imo that would largely be fixed with an AH.

Right now it's not worth your time to trade anything less than epic/godly but it doesn't have to be that way, you could just post your average poke to the AH that some player might want to get for cheap and forget about it; it would give a new impetus to the economy outside of the best pokes. For example are you really going to spend 1 week spamming your decent (not epic or anything) pichu on trade just to get what? 10,20k? Not to mention having to learn the prices and so on. Might as well just release and go do bcc on your 3 alts. Meanwhile maybe some player wants that so they get a somewhat decent pikachu to do jesse boss with. Or maybe they just want to goof around in pvp with some average cheap poke to see how it plays.

It's a waste of time to participate in the economy if you're not a whale. Since the game actively tries to waste your time a lot, I guess that would be the only good argument to use against an AH. It wouldn't waste your time? It blows my mind there is no AH in this game but it is what it is, no point in me crying over it just wanted to know if there was any kind of argument against it because I like to argue lol; hf all