Suggestion: Nature MS(GMS)

Aditya118

9 hours ago, DaveBlue said:

What you mean by all of that ?

What i Understand is that you want to make the randomnes of encountering pokemon beenable to see before you catched it. 

If im right thats not what Catching Pokemon is about.

And if thats the Case -1

No, it's not that case, we are talking about to see nat of any poke before catching it...

Edit: just realised now what you said, what about trace (which also helps to get required poke), frisk (to know what poke is holding), etc. ; If u catch poke with GMS, it will only tell nature & if u caught it, you may still get fails like bad ivs.

Edited by Aditya118

Totally agree with Bash sir;

+ we also made a balance to GMS

7 hours ago, iceflake said:

This basically removes the 50% chance.  You wouldn't have to waste money/pokeballs to catch pokemon without the desired nature.  This is something That would be unhealthy imo.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:48 PM, Aditya118 said:

Ohh, i see it would be OP but we can balance it by reducing time or increasing price like 

Price: 30c

Duration: 5hrs or something

You also talked about that having +15% would make it less OP and balanced and i agree to that but people won't purchase it, they would rather stay with that 50% and that GMS would be useless...

I would say -1 due to the fact that it would destroy some of the Pokeball economy since you'd simply not use them until they found the pokemon with the nature they want, so the sink would go down by atleast 50% (the 50% of times you don't get the nature you want), but I still like the idea. I think it's just too negatively impactful unfortunately.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

17 hours ago, Bhimoso said:

I would say -1 due to the fact that it would destroy some of the Pokeball economy since you'd simply not use them until they found the pokemon with the nature they want, so the sink would go down by atleast 50% (the 50% of times you don't get the nature you want), but I still like the idea. I think it's just too negatively impactful unfortunately.

Yep, it would probably destroy pokeball's economy but not drastically as we  encounter tons of low iv pokes. So, thats why we balanced it, if its not balance you or anyone can suggest like increasing price or decrease time of GMS.

15 minutes ago, Karyoplasma said:

48%

With sync, you have a 52% chance to get the desired nature. 50% that sync works plus the 2% that sync doesn't work and you get the nature anyway.

Well. When you already talk about single percentages, I dont let the chance swip away to tell you that a sync forces an encounter to have a 50% chance to sync your Pokemon, it does set the chance to 50%, not increase the chance by 50%.

• Like 1

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

+1 for this suggestion.

This is simply a QoL change. DOESNT influence AT ALL the spawns / or if synch percentage. SImply indicates if u synched the poke or not. Allowing you to save up time on catching pokes, and releasing them. Its not a matter of pokeballs or w/e its a matter of saving time on catching a failure and having to release the synch fails after. 
Doesnt impact at all how synchs work. The synch is still 50%. Only thing that changes is the amount of synch fails a person gets (since u wont be catching those). 

21 hours ago, Bhimoso said:

Pokeball economy? Can only imagine one poke where that would be impactful: BELDUM. and lets be honest, this is just a QoL change. it wont be the other pokes where u use pokeballs (200$ ea) 20k u get 100 balls. its like 100 pokes. i dont see this impacting that much. PRO tends to hate to give some QoL changes. 
But HEY, what about remove BMs then? This QoL also affects negatively the economy of pokeballs, and hunt. Ya if ur argument is this, i would suggest to remove Black MS from the game (btw Wally truly wishes to do it 🙂 ) 

So overall, before arguing this impacts negatively  XX, we already have some other broke features, this small Qol change wouldnt impact as much as you ppl are painting it. But thats my opinion. 🙂 

• Like 2

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

On 4/11/2022 at 8:18 PM, Electrocute4u said:

I like the idea, its original and creative. But doesn't it sound a bit too OP?

I personally feel that it will ultimately decrease the money sink for Pokeballs, but how and why?
Let's put this in a realistic scenario where a player buys that Nature MS. Then goes on their usual sync hunting and ends up just using 30 ultra balls instead of 100 because they can safely ignore all other Pokemon spawns that don't have the correct nature. Whereas right now, people have to catch them first, waste a few Pokeballs in the process and then get the preview that rewards them with either a good or bad nature, as it should be IMO.

If I was to change anything with this suggestion, it would be to perhaps just have it bump up the original synchronize ability success rate and add an additional 15% chance to the success rate, bumping it from 50% to 65%, this won't make it too overpowered, but not relatively useless either. Similiar to what Black Medallion does towards finding a Pokemon with H.A. 

I agree with you electrocute but still considering the idea its really a good one so maybe after giving some thoughts a better outcome is possible with is satisfying and not too OP.

For instance, we can increase the cost of the item or make it a 24 hrs. item with 25c coin price then it wouldn't be too bad and if still it isn't good then we can give some handicap to syncability like making it 35-40% sync rate after using this item that wouldn't be too bad either.

Also after reading some more comments and other people's thoughts i got another better idea that this Green MS thing may not work for natures but for abilities which works like Trace ability and thus we wont need to carry Trace poke too and obviously this would be cheaper like 10c or 15c item.

Hope this would be helpful.

Edited by kishanb1112002
  • Like 1

+1

Extremely useful when map has 2-3 or more rare spawns and one of them requires different nature, i.e. summer map with Snivy and Audino (You would obviously be using timid synch and simply run from every Audino, but with this you could actually catch usable synch fail Audinos).

If you guys are worried about pokeball economy, make a suggestion to remove bulk sellers. Let's say this costs as much as bms, which would mean spending and using 200k in pokeballs before starting to "profit". Sure, you can save money using this but not everyone will.

Edited by Pity
grammar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bash said:

Well. When you already talk about single percentages, I dont let the chance swip away to tell you that a sync forces an encounter to have a 50% chance to sync your Pokemon, it does set the chance to 50%, not increase the chance by 50%.

And when the 50% fails, you get a random nature out of a possible 25. So the total chance for the specific nature is 0.5+(0.5*0.04) = 0.52.

What is the point of your correction?