Event reminders on welcome

Civiliantr

This might seem little to no importance at all, however, i still firmly believe that a welcoming message upon login that reminds players the ongoing events would widely help a lot of players. Not everyday we can spend long hours online and if an event or an outbreak has started when a player was not in the game, without that simple reminder message, unaware players needs to rely on others to let them know and that sometimes doesn't work. I don't even remember how many outbreaks i found out when finished eventhough i was online for several hours. All it takes to prevent such unfortune is a simple message that shortly informs players.

As an addition, well this one will be easier, i was checeking trade rules and saw no mention of any time frame to complete the trade after reaching an agreement before calling people deserters. Only down side is that it might slower the reaction time to report a fake selling/buying and may let the damage grow. You guys have the experience there, why not think about it.

I see your point and I'm not against the idea.

However, on the counterpart of this, there is already several ways to "inform" a user that a event is currently ongoing. Whether it be external platforms such as Discord, Wiki, Twitter etc. There is often a client update before a new event is going live. Furthermore the background picture on login screen also implies that a event may be ongoing depending on its design. There is also sometimes reminders on the "Latest News" tab on the left side.  But I understand your idea and i don't think its a bad one. But I suppose they have other major projects to focus on first and foremost, before a QoL feature such as this, as it might not be priotized because there is already several methods of obtaining information regarding an event and isn't really needed right now and personally I want them to focus on bigger projects.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

+1 for the 1st idea, like you can just add an event notification line below the welcoming message after logging in:
image.png.72cb17ae1fb7680420b2963bab2c7beb.png

For the adding time frame suggestion, I'm gonna assume you are talking/focusing on Forum trade, because it's pretty fast and obvious to realize when a seller/buyer in Game changed their mind after an agreement was made. I think adding a specific deadline for Forum trading is fine here, could be something like "If a buyer/seller fails to make any contact to the other party after 3 days, then that party is encouraged to report the sale by using the Report button". Would make things clearer, and might make some people less paranoid when a trade is slightly delayed.

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2022 at 8:45 PM, Sin said:

For the adding time frame suggestion, I'm gonna assume you are talking/focusing on Forum trade, because it's pretty fast and obvious to realize when a seller/buyer in Game changed their mind after an agreement was made. I think adding a specific deadline for Forum trading is fine here, could be something like "If a buyer/seller fails to make any contact to the other party after 3 days, then that party is encouraged to report the sale by using the Report button". Would make things clearer, and might make some people less paranoid when a trade is slightly delayed.

Sorry for the late response to this thread. Yes, indeed i was mainly talking about forum trades. Ingame trades usually don't have this problem as both parties need to be online simultaniously to be able to negotiate to begin with. Then the trade can be completed very swiftly. It doesn't seem very likely to experience a delay during ingame trades, but this doesn't mean it's not gonna happen. People may just loose connection after the agreement for several hours.

Forum trades are a little different as an auction may end when buyer is offline or a set/insta price can be met while the seller is online. Things can be tricky with people from diefferent time zones. So, it got me wondering if it was possible to arrange something.