QOL: A held item that prevents your Pokemon from being healed at a PC

Caprifame

Hello PRO-Players,

We all know that feeling, especially now during easter event, you have a party line up like this:

image.png.c15052fe452d0a2eaba33d6448e6e805.png

To hunt with every Synch avaible and trace ur encounters. 

You eventually run out of PP on False Swipe/Spore or, especially during easter event cause Brushes exist, Thief PP on your Gardevoir.

You go to the nearest Pokecenter and, to prevent all your Synchronise Pokemon from reviving, box all of them and heal ur Trace + Swiper, then take out all your Synchs again.

This is where the game could be improved, sometimes you dont want to heal a Pokemon from your party and it is very annoying to use the PC to prevent this from happening.

A held Item that you could give to a Pokemon and that would prevent it from being healed (at all or just in a PC) would imo be a big Quality of Life change.

While it is not necessary me and I think many other would appreciate an item like this being added to the game, if its not too much effort to code and implement.

Maybe someone can come up with a name for the Item too, cause I cant figure one out rn. 🙂

Cheers

CapriFame 

• Like 4

They already added Knockout Drops to faint your Syncs, so that should cover your concern:

image.png.9ee8e73ebe47363685c28fa6cca0dcbf.png

It's a disposable item so it works as a money sink in the game.

Just escape rope then use Knockout drop on your sync. You are paying for your convenience here. 

Edited by Sin

+1 or -1? I don't really know.

I understand that the game isn't easy enough as is and that people are constantly looking to make PRO a non-grindy game. But lets ask ourselves, is this really what's currently needed? I mean, just buy a few Potions and a Max Elixir and you won't even need to rely on a Pokecenter, at all? And in existence to making this game even easier, Knockout Drops were added just for sync hunting, faint any Pokemon without it losing happiness, yay?. Honestly, its a unique idea and a lazy one don't get me wrong. I personally like it, its a unique idea. But here are some constructive feedback and a few item strats that will do the trick even better than having to rely on PC.

40 minutes ago, CapriFame said:

[...] You eventually run out of PP on False Swipe/Spore or, especially during easter event cause Brushes exist, Thief PP on your Gardevoir.

Can be solved with any of the said items below. I'd like to see you prove me otherwise.

Leppa Berry (Constantly x999 of these because they are so common in the world, restores PP of a move by 10), Ether (restores the PP of a move by 10), Max Ether (Restores max PP of a move),  Elixir (restores 10 PP for all moves) and Max Elixir (restores max PP of all moves). All of these are pretty "cheap" or in some way easily obtainable in large quantities on a daily or weekly basis, unless you consume like a 1000 in a day, which is highly unlikely for a sync hunting session.

[...] You go to the nearest Pokecenter and, to prevent all your Synchronise Pokemon from reviving, box all of them and heal ur Trace + Swiper, then take out all your Synchs again.

Wouldn't need to visit a Pokecenter with said items available. And even if you did have to visit a PC, it only takes like 10-15 seconds and wouldn't save you more than a few frames and possibly like a total of ~4 seconds max. The only timesave would be not needing to visit a PC, but that does not apply for item usage, as its basically the same timesaving, and it doesn't rely on having to visit a PC, which means you can literally continue grinding right after.

This is where the game could be improved, sometimes you dont want to heal a Pokemon from your party and it is very annoying to use the PC to prevent this from happening.

Use items or berries. Have I mentioned that enough yet? Well, I'll say it once more.

You won't need to visit a PC with items/berries available. Saves time, lives and keeps the grind alive.

P.S Don't confuse this with me hating on the idea, I personally don't. But I just felt that I needed to point out some keypoints.

16 minutes ago, Sin said:

They already added Knockout Drops to faint your Syncs, so that should cover your concern:

image.png.9ee8e73ebe47363685c28fa6cca0dcbf.png

It's a disposable item so it works as a money sink in the game.

I'm pretty sure they meant that they wanted something like Knockout drops, but as a held item. So that whenever they heal through a PC or any viable healing source for that matter, those select held item Pokes would not proc a full heal state. Because it takes longer to heal and faint the pokes with Knockout Drops than it is to just heal.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

I'm pretty sure they meant that they wanted something like Knockout drops, but as a held item. So that whenever they heal through a PC or any viable healing source for that matter, those select held item Pokes would not proc a full heal state. Because it takes longer to heal and faint the pokes with Knockout Drops than it is to just heal.

I know they want to add a different item, but that would dilute the purpose of adding Knockout drops earlier, while using Knockout drops would achieve the same result, albeit a bit longer. It's "let your sync hold that item then escape rope to heal" vs "escape rope then use knockout drop on your sync" for the same result.

Knockout drops was added as both a QOL item and money sink, similar to how Releasing Pokemon on the spot was added with a fee. I just don't see the chance for them to add an item that could conflict with Knockout drops, while might or might not be a money sink itself.

Hello, well, with what was said previously, Knockout Drops exist and I understand that you suggested a held item to avoid being continuously money sinked.

However, I'll share with you the solution that is for me the best (consider it as a long-term investment) if your suggestion doesn't go through :

- Getting Synchronize Ralts of each good nature which can learn Memento with Egg Moves for 15k each.

- Putting them at the desired lvl for further optimizing with some popular repels.

As a result, You're gonna pay a ton of money + a fair amount of repels (or hunting them in Route 212 North / Pinkan) in a short time + spending time lvling them up correctly but :

- You won't be annoyed about fainting them anymore.

- The time you would have spent preparing all those syncs, you're gonna get that time back with the time you would gain upon fainting them in 5 secs each time (that's a lot of "time" lol).

- You won't need to spend on Knockout Drops or any kind anymore if you were previously doing it.

In the end, you will have elite syncs which will be more profitable and stable in the future than spending dozens of Knockout Drops each day. This won't solve your number of travels to the Pokecenter, but at least it would speed up the process (edit 2 : I just saw you had a Gardevoir which can learn Memento, you can teach it).

So ofc a +1 for your suggestion, this would have spared me of getting a Ralts army 🙃.

Fafouney.

Edited by Fafouney
Added an argument

On 4/20/2022 at 3:45 PM, Sin said:

I know they want to add a different item, but that would dilute the purpose of adding Knockout drops earlier, while using Knockout drops would achieve the same result, albeit a bit longer. It's "let your sync hold that item then escape rope to heal" vs "escape rope then use knockout drop on your sync" for the same result.

Knockout drops was added as both a QOL item and money sink, similar to how Releasing Pokemon on the spot was added with a fee. I just don't see the chance for them to add an item that could conflict with Knockout drops, while might or might not be a money sink itself.

this tbh ^

Knockout drops are the answer to this, you just use it and your poke faints, if you want to bypass the heal just put the poke into your box then heal the rest of your pokemon.

• Like 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif