ability to choose what you see on main page of forums

Kboww

7 hours ago, Kboww said:

In reality those posts are just farms to farm up forum rank

And I hate that fact. In the past I even discussed that statement and gave my idea to change it into like what other forums have done, where they had a "wait x number of posts before posting again" limit or just removed the post count from said forums altogether. But, they did not listen to it, so I cba to try again. But, I have never once thought or used it as a way to farm my forum rank. I have genuinly had fun there and I think of it as a chill place to escape from all the serious discussions or toxic energy I find elsewhere on the forums and it also served as a project to revive it from the verge of completely dying.

9 hours ago, isildurr2x said:

[...] Like for example your 1,000,000 game post, I went back 10 pages and honestly it's the same 5-10 people. It feels more like spamming tbh, It doesn't feel like a game to me at all that's why. [...]

And that is sadly because PRO has pushed the subforum down to the very bottom and even made it a sub of a subforum and it is sadly invisible for all the new players, unless someone comments on it and it is visible on the front page feed. And as of lately, I've seen more and more people who have started playing it again and even some new faces due to its visbility. Sadly, the playground subforum  is not given enough love and visibility, thereafter I decided to dedicate a lot of my time trying to revive it. My main method was to advertise it once in awhile on the front page, often 3 or 4 games a time in feed, sometimes I even commented on 5 and filled the entire feed, this I will apologize for, as it looked more like I spammed, when in reality all I wanted was to revive it as it was on the verge of dying completely out with months between replies on some.

• Like 2

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

That's just what I mean. It's literally 5-10 people that are actively posting on the playground posts. Compare that to the couple thousand players on pro....it doesn't seem like many people are interested in forum games. I use forum to track trade posts and suggestions mostly. I hope you understand alot of trade posts rarely stay on main feed long enough for many people to see it due to playground posts (not always). I personally have missed out on trades because of main feed being cluttered with other things. Honestly I can't even comprehend how typing consecutive numbers amongst eachother is a game, or the other ones. But none the less, this is not a post against you or anyone that enjoys forum games. Just asking for a way to disable/remove it, for those who prefer it 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...