Johto pokemon caught in Sinnoh locked

Daviiiid

It kinda doesn't make sense to me a gen 2 pokemon being locked in my pc just because it was caught in Sinnoh even though its not a pokemon introduced in Sinnoh generation.

I would understand if it was something like a chimchar, a piplup, etc but its a pokemon you can already catch even in Kanto, just my thoughts 😞

Captura de Ecrã (2).png

Captura de Ecrã (3).png

I can agree that it looks odd, but I think its for the best, considering the storyline and all the objectives that PRO currently has.

But, if you think it should be changed, I would advise you to either ask a staff to move this post to the suggestion section or make a new post there with why you believe it should be changed.

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

I can agree that it looks odd, but I think its for the best, considering the storyline and all the objectives that PRO currently has.

But, if you think it should be changed, I would advise you to either ask a staff to move this post to the suggestion section or make a new post there with why you believe it should be changed.

I understand and at same time I think it could be too hard for them to separate this "locked" rule between the respective region gen pokemons and older gen pokemons in a newer region.

I would like if they could unlock my pokemon, even though I don't  know if that's allowed or if they can even actually do that lol

7 minutes ago, Daviiiid said:

I would like if they could unlock my pokemon, even though I don't  know if that's allowed or if they can even actually do that lol

Sadly the Pokemon is story locked, which means that staff cannot interfere directly (i.e let you use a region locked Pokemon for story by specifically unlocking it for you). The only exception for a staff to intervene with a region locked Pokemon is if you traded away a Pokemon to someone who had not yet completed the region of where the traded Pokemon was caught in (i.e if you traded them a Sinnoh caught Pokemon and they had only completed Johto E4) and you wanted it back, but this stuff is usually handled via the Region Locked Pokemon Megathread.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

Sadly the Pokemon is story locked, which means that staff cannot interfere directly (i.e let you use a region locked Pokemon for story by specifically unlocking it for you). The only exception for a staff to intervene with a region locked Pokemon is if you traded away a Pokemon to someone who had not yet completed the region of where the traded Pokemon was caught in (i.e if you traded them a Sinnoh caught Pokemon and they had only completed Johto E4) and you wanted it back, but this stuff is usually handled via the Region Locked Pokemon Megathread.

Then I guess I'll have to complete sinnoh or find a shiny noctowl myself, thanks for your attention 🙂

Btw how did u managed to put a gif as pfp, I get error.

6 minutes ago, Daviiiid said:

Btw how did u managed to put a gif as pfp, I get error.

For some reason it worked awhile back. And I've had several people ask me the same question. Simply put, I believe its a ongoing bug that is still to be fixed after PRO moved their domains. I've tried with several different sizes etc, but nothing works and it keeps printing errors for me to. Could be a forum role conflicting issue, but I don't know the extent of it. All I know is that Its been reported as a bug in the past, but I believe their focus lies elsewhere right now.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Electrocute4u said:

For some reason it worked awhile back. And I've had several people ask me the same question. Simply put, I believe its a ongoing bug that is still to be fixed after PRO moved their domains. I've tried with several different sizes etc, but nothing works and it keeps printing errors for me to. Could be a forum role conflicting issue, but I don't know the extent of it. All I know is that Its been reported as a bug in the past, but I believe their focus lies elsewhere right now.

oh, I see, what's the size of your gif actually?

6 minutes ago, Daviiiid said:

oh, I see, what's the size of your gif actually?

The original GIF was much larger irrc, but the one currently displayed on my profile was downsized to 283x320 and 866 kb size

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2022 at 3:42 AM, Desumi said:

that is inntersting sort of information you just shared mate