On EV Training

Joeprimerano

Can someone please explain this to me like I am a noob simpleton? I want to EV train. I did some research and I was wondering if the only way to do it is to give the Pokemon special berries and vitamins or battling? And in battling, how do you target a specific stat like speed or defense? Can someone please explain the process for me? Thank you! 

When you EV train a Pokemon, you simply increases the Pokemon's base stats in a way on top of its original base stats. The maximum you can EV train in a single stat is 252, and a total of 510 across all stats. Holding a Macho Brace is prefered while defeating any wild Pokemon, it will half your Pokemon's speed by 50%, but you will gain double the EV points from defeating a Pokemon, this will not double the amount you get from using any Vitamin. You can reduce 10 EV points from a stat by using some dedicated berries, basically the opposite of what Vitamin does, read more about them here.

Different ways to gain EV:

Vitamins:

Through the use of a Vitamin, it raises a stat by 10, up till max a 100 per stat. There are 6 different vitamins, each representing a single 10 boost for a specified stat (i.e Zinc for the Special Defense stat). These can be bought from various different locations, but you can always find them at all Department Stores for a price of 8,000 apiece.

Defeating a Pokemon in battle (wild or trainer):

By defeating a Pokemon it will either yield 1, 2 or 3 (or double if your pokemon hold the item Macho Brace) points for one or two different stats (i.e Attack, Speed, Special Defense, etc). Here is a full list of all the different EV stats defeating a Pokemon will yield and the amount.

Different locations to train:

Kanto Safari Effort Wald:

You currently have the Kanto Safari Effort Wald, which costs $10,000 for a 20 minute session, but is considered the best place to farm EV points for a specific stat. This place has dedicated Pokemon spawn areas for each stat that will help you gain the maximum amount of EV points for a stat. If you want to maximize the amount of EV points, holding a Macho Brace  is prefered. 

Dedicated EV spawn areas for every region:

PRO have some areas that you can train specific ev stats in, depending on the time of the day. You can read more about them in this EV Zone Breakdown guide.

Hopefully this covers about everything you wanted to know.

Otherwise feel free to point out what you don't understand or want to know more about, and I or others will help you understand it.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png