Remove exp limit

Gatso

Hi I would suggest to remove the experience limit of 150k, I do not know valid reasons to have an experience limit, if this were removed there would be several benefits for example:

- the trade chat would benefit as many people would offer to do level training and even for the most difficult pokemon it would not be so painful to level up;

- always the trade chat would benefit as there would be more pokemon trained and therefore more market and money in circulation;

- pokemon like magkarp and others would reach the highest level in few minutes.

There are many other beneficial results from the removal of this limit, I have mentioned few, if you have advice and you like the idea quoted. Ty ❤

• Like 5

Hello,

49 minutes ago, Gatso said:

I do not know valid reasons to have an experience limit

This experience limit is there to not make too easy the grind of Pokemon in general. If you remove it, what will happen is as followed imo :

the trade chat would benefit as many people would offer to do level training and even for the most difficult pokemon it would not be so painful to level up;

-Daycarer's level services greatly devalued (which Wally doesn't want it to happen).

.Why would you ask to a Daycarer to do the job for you if you can gain an unlimited and thus stupid amount of XP Points. This is easily abusable with lvl 70-100 Trainers.

.Trainers will make it so you only require some minutes instead of 20 ish min to 1h to lvl up a Pokemon. You have to understand it will be absurdly OP.

.Daycarers will only be useful for EV services, hence the depreciation.

- pokemon like magkarp and others would reach the highest level in few minutes.

-Btw, Magikarp is not a good example, as it has the lowest Base XP of the game of 20, making it quite easy to lvl it up in 10 minutes (with Mismagius strat) to 97 if you relog to skip the lvl up animation.

.The most interesting example you could have used is Chansey with its gigantic 255 Base XP. People are ready to pay 200k and even more to keep their sanity by asking someone else to lvl it up for them.

So, I'm sorry, but I don't see any positive outcome by attempting to remove it.

This will make the grind as easy as giving Exp Candies to your Pokemon like in Sword and Shield, but in a more absurd way, as every high leveled Pokemon from Trainers will be a huge bag of XP.

-1 for me.

Fafouney

Edited by Fafouney
  • Like 1

I do agree with Gatso. While grinding is surely a fundamental and enjoyable component of the game, something can be done to mitigate the effort, which at times requires weeks and we do all have a life (hopefully).

Then, a solution could be found in the midst of yours positions. An idea could be to remove the xp limit but to decrease exponentially the xp gain from 75 onwards. 

I consider the 50-75 threshold the most boring and pointless, a minor fix in this phase will give both the market and the game a huge boost.

Xoxo

• Like 1

With the benefits of ms, exp boost and being in a top10 guild added on, it is so easy to level up pokes in this game, compared to some others. You just need to pick a line of 2 or 3 maps to follow in order. If that's not enough for you we still have rare candies. The only thing that could be done to boost exp gain would be the addition of the 'exp share' item. Any other ideas is just pointles and that would also decrease daycare prices considerably as then it allows players to ev/level daycare upto 6 pokes at once. So, i don't see any changes coming on that part of the game.

• Like 1

I would say +1 partially: the problem is that many fights and cooldowns are completely wasted due to the fight exp being capped at 150k EXP. If the cap was raised to 300k or so, this would not be noticeable until around level 60 to 70, where you stop gaining 150k per each fight, unless you fight very high level NPCs with your tools (Misdreavus/Mismagius/False Swipers) which is the whole point of fighting them. Removing the exp cap completely would make a level 2 Magikarp instalevel to 100 if they fought a really high level pokemon (like 90) which would completely destroy daycaring services. However, increasing the cap to 300 or 450k would actually help a lot to give some purpose to Gym Leader Rematches + Copycat Lamsie + Trainer Rematches + help level up those pestering tanks with high EXP requirements.

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

• 2 weeks later...