Super Escape Rope

Chitch00

New item: Super Escape Rope

What it does:

-Allows you to teleport back to pokecenter (unlimited charges)

Requirements/limitations:

-Have to complete some kind of mega quest and pay 1m

-Must have X hours playtime (maybe 500 or 1k)

-Maybe some other requirements

-Has a 2h cooldown

I would say -1, it would lead to removing a permanent money sink from the game in the long term, and it sounds too restrictive. You would rather just talk to any NPC Trainer or interaction that begins a fight (even some other NPCs do this) and log out during the dialogue, which teleports you back to a pokecenter.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

8 minutes ago, Bhimoso said:

I would say -1, it would lead to removing a permanent money sink from the game in the long term, and it sounds too restrictive. You would rather just talk to any NPC Trainer or interaction that begins a fight (even some other NPCs do this) and log out during the dialogue, which teleports you back to a pokecenter.

There are a million ways to invent new money sinks so that's irrelevant. Just raise the price of the subway pass 50% for example and there's your one of a thousand money sinks.

I know people can just logoff and login but that's annoying and inconvenient. Why play a game to be annoyed?

2 hours ago, Chitch00 said:

There are a million ways to invent new money sinks so that's irrelevant. Just raise the price of the subway pass 50% for example and there's your one of a thousand money sinks.

I know people can just logoff and login but that's annoying and inconvenient. Why play a game to be annoyed?

name 5 reasonable ones, that aren't just "make X more expensive"

Any type of unlimited use item directly impacts the economy more than most other things possible could, for that reason alone is enough for me to -1 this. escape ropes aren't even that expensive in themselves, and you don't have to use them all that often as is, so having even a low number like 50 is still going to last you a really long time. I once bought 999 because i felt like it and it lasted me over a year i recall

• Like 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

37 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

name 5 reasonable ones, that aren't just "make X more expensive"

Any type of unlimited use item directly impacts the economy more than most other things possible could, for that reason alone is enough for me to -1 this. escape ropes aren't even that expensive in themselves, and you don't have to use them all that often as is, so having even a low number like 50 is still going to last you a really long time. I once bought 999 because i felt like it and it lasted me over a year i recall

They last you a year because you aren't just using them whenever for convenience because there is a cost. Let's say you go to Saffron to fight the Koichi boss and you have your 999 ropes are you going to use rope to go back to the Center or walk? Obviously you will walk or you will be out of ropes in a week. The only impact on the economy of having this Super Rope is that you now have more time to do other things instead of walking. The cost itself is not so relevant.

If it is true that their impact is so minimal (as you claimed) then the upfront cost I suggested would be more than enough to cover some perceived impact to the economy anyways. My suggestion of 1m would be the same as buying 2 years worth of ropes (1800+) from your calculations there. This means there is 0 impact on the economy.

Now to answer your question, yes "make X more expensive" is the definition of a gold sink. Balls, repels, tickets, etc. You can increase each of these by 10%/20% if you want people to lose money. You can put a tax on Ceru cave for 1k everytime someone enters it. When people start using other place like Pink island or whatever you put a tax there too. There's your gold sinks. This is literally a non-problem. Reduce box space in the pc to 5 and make every new box cost 1M gold. If you want to burn gold in the game and make the game more annoying it's literally so easy.

It's like people here are alergic to having fun or something. I wonder what people think about a ceru cave tax lmao

14 hours ago, Chitch00 said:

They last you a year because you aren't just using them whenever for convenience because there is a cost

actually i was, they made boss runs easier because you got back to the pc to continue your run, when i was training pokes i would escape rope to heal them, i would save pokecenters with ropes so that i could get back there easier later on without spending 2k more.

Let's say you go to Saffron to fight the Koichi boss and you have your 999 ropes are you going to use rope to go back to the Center or walk?

escape rope, because i've got several hundred of them, so why not, it's called being smart AND lazy. 

If it is true that their impact is so minimal (as you claimed) then the upfront cost I suggested would be more than enough to cover some perceived impact to the economy anyways. My suggestion of 1m would be the same as buying 2 years worth of ropes (1800+) from your calculations there. This means there is 0 impact on the economy.

Yes but you're forgetting that i also had steady replenishment of them, so while they were going down, they were also going up. Dig spots, Hidden items, i believe some bosses have them as well. 

You can put a tax on Ceru cave for 1k everytime someone enters it. When people start using other place like Pink island or whatever you put a tax there too.

Sorry but this is just a bad idea, it's not feasible, it game annoying to play, because it just means you aren't able to do anything long term without having it be taxed later on. 

What i want to acknowledge is this here:

18 hours ago, Chitch00 said:

There are a million ways to invent new money sinks so that's irrelevant.

I asked for a measly number of 5, of the million, that should be simple, you named 2. 

Yes, i did claim that the impact of escape ropes is minimal because for the average user, they get use when they have them, but won't go out of their way to get ridiculous amounts of them. Since i claimed, and you acknowledged that i claimed, that the impact is so minimal, why's there need of something else that's impact would also be, as previously stated, minimal

• Like 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

On 5/31/2022 at 2:59 PM, g3n3r4l said:

I asked for a measly number of 5, of the million, that should be simple, you named 2. 

Yes, i did claim that the impact of escape ropes is minimal because for the average user, they get use when they have them, but won't go out of their way to get ridiculous amounts of them. Since i claimed, and you acknowledged that i claimed, that the impact is so minimal, why's there need of something else that's impact would also be, as previously stated, minimal

I don't really feel like replying anymore because clearly you guys don't care about making the game fun, just for it to be annoying. Just replying because this is not what I said, I did name several ways to goldsink in the game including raising the price of balls, repels, etc. Literally everything you can raise the price on is considered a gold sink, regardless if you don't like it being so.

I think the tax on cerulean cave is a great suggestion according to your philosophy, since everyone here seems to love the game being annoying to play so it would go right in line with that, also you should pay 2k everytime you hop on the bike. Just because the game is annoying right now it doesn't mean it's ok and that the game can't be made more fun. Whatever, it's just not for me anymore and that's fine, at least I tried.

• 3 weeks later...