Completely re-design pvp with brand new modes

Chitch00

I don't know much about pvp but I've seen enough to see this is in an absolute state and can easily be improved.

2 new PVP modes:

#1 p.r.o. mode:

-Get rid of most one shot and stall

-Change the way damage numbers interact so most one shots don't happen anymore without buffing and most stall is not worth it

-Change the numbers however you see fit and create a new meta instead of relying on everyone copying whatever smogon and being stuck on boring metas

#2 new mode:

-Only pokes under 120IV allowed

-Max 26 on each IV

-Lower rewards

-Only pre-evo forms allowed

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sanidhya said:

1-

Get rid of most one shot 

Are you serious about it?

PvP makes a person to improve more and more 

With this suggestion no need to struggle to learn how to play

If you want fun do randoms

Thanks 

Sanidhya 

It's boring and dumb. The game is designed for 7 year olds, the balance is simply not there. Pro should have its own set of rules and its own balancing in terms of numbers to make the game somewhat interesting so there is more interaction. One-shots have a place of course but shouldn't be so prevalent.

Also keep in mind this would be a different game mode, you can still play your oneshot vs stall smogon copypaste meta in the regular game mode, noone would be forcing you to change. While you will come here to argue against me because you're afraid of something new, all the people who quit this game are the ones who agree with me without ever saying a word. I am the one who bothered to come here and explain it. Think on that.

Edited by Chitch00

26 minutes ago, Norex said:

I wont reply to the suggestion in detail since its far from every logic (with all respect) but more game modes wouldnt work since the playerbase of PRO is too small and queue times would get longer which shouldnt be the goal.

Maybe the reason the playerbase is small is because noone wants to bother to get a bunch of godly pokes just to learn pvp? This is solved by having a bunch of game modes that are easier to get into.

I was honest in admitting my ignorance about pvp, however this game is really simple and every fundamental there is to be learned is learned in a couple of days. Everything else is just minutia about what moves are used/meta and how they interact. In just a small amount of time I already can see how boring pvp must be in the highest levels, so surely players also stop playing there for the same reasons mentioned that the game is boring and stale.

You claim the playerbase is small, I am telling you why that is the case and how to fix that problem. I guess it's easier to refuse to give a proper argument like everyone else here. You guys probably have thousands of hours invested and want the game to succeed but are just not capable of understanding what holds this game back. I don't care, this is kind of a parting gift from me anyways. You're all welcome.

6 minutes ago, Chitch00 said:

Maybe the reason the playerbase is small is because noone wants to bother to get a bunch of godly pokes just to learn pvp? This is solved by having a bunch of game modes that are easier to get into.

I was honest in admitting my ignorance about pvp, however this game is really simple and every fundamental there is to be learned is learned in a couple of days. Everything else is just minutia about what moves are used/meta and how they interact. In just a small amount of time I already can see how boring pvp must be in the highest levels, so surely players also stop playing there for the same reasons mentioned that the game is boring and stale.

You claim the playerbase is small, I am telling you why that is the case and how to fix that problem. I guess it's easier to refuse to give a proper argument like everyone else here. You guys probably have thousands of hours invested and want the game to succeed but are just not capable of understanding what holds this game back. I don't care, this is kind of a parting gift from me anyways. You're all welcome.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but alot people quit the game because of lack of gen7 mons. Once celesteela/other beasts, toxapex, z moves, tapus, ect. come to pro you might be in for a nightmare. I suggest you stay away from gen7 ou if you are afraid of 1shot moves and stall lol best yo just learn it and learn how to counter now because you are in for a bad time if you think now rough for you 

Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png