Time Zone of Forum and How to change it to mine?

Eetaachee

The forum follows which time zone? I follow IST. The forum time confuses me everytime. How to change it?

P.S.- I don't know how to access user control panel. 

bluesignature.gif

image.png.2e7f003cc5515bf8e49a05494d4a13a0.png

Pretty sure the forums follow the MM/DD/YY as showcased in the image above while hovering over a timestamp. As for the time/timezone? It should follow whatever is local time set on your PC/Device as far as the Invision Community forum platform handles dates/timestamps, unless PRO has customized it differently which I don't think they have?

And you can't change it, as its not a profile setting, not that I can find.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

image.png.2e7f003cc5515bf8e49a05494d4a13a0.png

Pretty sure the forums follow the MM/DD/YY as showcased in the image above while hovering over a timestamp. As for the time/timezone? It should follow whatever is local time set on your PC/Device as far as the Invision Community forum platform handles dates/timestamps, unless PRO has customized it differently which I don't think they have?

And you can't change it, as its not a profile setting, not that I can find.

But it is not following the local time. I started an auction 2 days ago definitely after 12pm IST (don't remember exact time) but on the auction it shows 7:48 am. So I am not sure what time it was. It is a bit hectic to remember everytime at what exact time I start an auction or an auction of mine gets started. So it would have been better if I could know the timezone or at least change the timezone set for my account if that's feasible.

bluesignature.gif

5 minutes ago, Eetaachee said:

But it is not following the local time. I started an auction 2 days ago definitely after 12pm IST (don't remember exact time) but on the auction it shows 7:48 am. So I am not sure what time it was. It is a bit hectic to remember everytime at what exact time I start an auction or an auction of mine gets started. So it would have been better if I could know the timezone or at least change the timezone set for my account if that's feasible.

If it helps, I know that PRO tends to follow GMT+0 timezone for any events or schedueled maintenance/backups for any in-game activity, don't know if this relates to how they do on the forums. But, as I am based in GMT+2 (summertime) and the forum dates are actually displayed and also converted into the correct timestamp, I find it hard to believe that its not based on the local system format on the device used while viewing the forums.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

If it helps, I know that PRO tends to follow GMT+0 timezone for any events or schedueled maintenance/backups for any in-game activity, don't know if this relates to how they do on the forums. But, as I am based in GMT+2 (summertime) and the forum dates are actually displayed and also converted into the correct timestamp, I find it hard to believe that its not based on the local system format on the device used while viewing the forums.

What time is the "Start" showing for you? I have attached my screenshot for further reference.

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/196996-sell-hp-grass-max-speed-electrike/#comment-1124154

Screenshot_2022-06-03-16-08-34-163_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Eetaachee
Attached link and screenshot

bluesignature.gif

9 minutes ago, Eetaachee said:

What time is the "Start" showing for you?

Both on PC and on my phone it says at 09:41 AM, which is the correct timestamp following my set local time being GMT+2.

I'll send a quick SS to confirm this.

I am just speculating with this, but it could be that the forums can't properly convert it to your local time in IST, and perhaps is just showing GMT+0 as a default value, not that I can confirm or prove this fact.

image.png.b6b482b0e02ed18d83e8f8e049d6db85.png

image.png.e770f1f32fec946d2ccda3862e3c3fd4.png

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

Both on PC and on my phone it says at 09:41 AM, which is the correct timestamp following my set local time being GMT+2.

I'll send a quick SS to confirm this.

I am just speculating with this, but it could be that the forums can't properly convert it to your local time in IST, and perhaps is just showing GMT+0 as a default value, not that I can confirm or prove this fact.

image.png.b6b482b0e02ed18d83e8f8e049d6db85.png

image.png.e770f1f32fec946d2ccda3862e3c3fd4.png

I believe what you are saying is correct. Because you said they follow your local time which is GMT +2. The start on that auction is showing 7:41 am in my case and 9:41 am which is exactly 2 hrs difference. 

Hence GMT+0 has been set for me. My local time is GMT +5.30. 

I wish I could change it to IST. 

Edited by Eetaachee

bluesignature.gif

1 minute ago, Eetaachee said:

I believe what you are saying is correct. Because you said they follow your local time which is GMT +2. The start on that auction is showing 7:41 am in my case and 9:41 am which is exactly 2 hrs difference. 

Hence GMT+0 has been set for me. My local time is GMT +5.30. 

I wish I could chang it to IST. 

Hmm I see.

Perhaps @Shinohara can elaborate a bit more on this as they are more familiar with the innerworkings of the forums.

• Like 1

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

Hmm I see.

Perhaps @Shinohara can elaborate a bit more on this as they are more familiar with the innerworkings of the forums.

Okay,I will wait for his response. There are a lot of Indian players in this game. So if it's happening to me, I think it's the same for them. This little change can smoothen the experience for many players I believe.

• Like 1

bluesignature.gif

Any update?

bluesignature.gif