[FEEDBACK] Trade/Auction Rules & Rework

Shinohara

The most stupid rules is adding time when someone bid last minute of the almost end of the auction.. they say it's against the sniper.. which is true .. but.. it should be optional. .. because really the one who's really affected by this .. is the auctioneer.. he will loss money ... Which is none of your business. .. if I'm lazy enough not to worried about time and just get over with ... Why bother me with this rules.. I'm the one losing money so why bother me with this rule.. again very stupid rule.. just make it optional.. 

• Like 1
240b2750d65bf90cb32b77669e896d0e.gif

1 hour ago, Aienma said:

The most stupid rules is adding time when someone bid last minute of the almost end of the auction.. they say it's against the sniper.. which is true .. but.. it should be optional. .. because really the one who's really affected by this .. is the auctioneer.. he will loss money ... Which is none of your business. .. if I'm lazy enough not to worried about time and just get over with ... Why bother me with this rules.. I'm the one losing money so why bother me with this rule.. again very stupid rule.. just make it optional.. 

+1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:22 AM, Shinohara said:

9. The ending time of an auction is final and must be honored.

• In-game: End points cannot be extended for any reason, and must be accurate to the second that the auction is set to end. It is recommended to use timestamps to manage your auction correctly.
    • e.g. If the auction ends at 15:00:00, bids are valid until 14:59:59 and no later.
  • Forum: If a bid is received in the final 15 minutes of the auction, the end point will be delayed by 15 minutes from that bid, and will be delayed by 15 minutes for each new bid thereafter, until the current offer has been held for a full 15 minutes. Must be accurate to the minute that the auction is set to end.
    • e.g. If the auction ends at 15:00, it will end at 15:00:00. If a late bid is received in the final 15 minutes, at 14:46, the auction will end at 15:01. If another user bids at 15:00, the auction will be extended again, and will end at 15:15, this will be repeated until the current offer has been held for a full 15 minutes.

I think this is the craziest rule, how can we know the seconds in the forum, whereas here it only says the time is minutes without seconds unlike in games there are hours, minutes and seconds.

And what irritates me the most is when receiving offers under 1 minute in games and forums.

INGAME : when we receive an offer under 1 minute, we must immediately post it to the forum before the time expires so that it can be said to be a valid offer, but what if someone has a connection problem and is a few minutes late when the offer time in the game should be valid and fixed continued, but because we had a problem when we wanted to post it to the forum and it was too late to post it finally we were accused of poorly handling the auction and if we didn't post the bidder's bid at that time, maybe he would object and report me and get accused again of not honoring all bids.

Forum When you receive an offer under 1 minute how can you determine if it's over or not while on the forum it's not written hours minute and seconds, if you continue an offer that should not be valid because the end time is not known for sure minutes and seconds you will be penalized and vice versa Also, if you don't accept the offer because you doubt the end of the auction, you will be penalized too.

I just want you to rework the rules better than that or delete the rules, and if you still want to keep those rules then i suggest you should add hours, minutes and seconds of posting on the forums,because it will really help the auctioneer in determining whether it should continue or end.

That is all from me and I hope this can be seen

Thank you...

Edited by Wakaranaii
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:22 PM, Shinohara said:

We recommend that buyers make and keep evidence of their bids with timestamps, as they are needed for both players and staff. This is not necessary where bids are placed on the forum.

[SELLER] GENERAL AUCTION RULES 

1. Auctions cannot be cancelled once started.
  2. All bids must be acknowledged, and all current/best offers must be publicly announced with the bidder's username and bid amount.
    • In-game: This applies to every trade post related to the auction. Evidence of all bids received must be made and kept, to be made available upon Staff request. Timestamps are preferred.
    • Forum: This applies to every in-game bid received, and must be acknowledged in the auction thread with a screenshot. Timestamps are preferred.

These would make one believe that time stamps matter when posting screenshots of bids on the forums.

Let's say you've made a thread to auction pokemon on the forums and you get an offer to start the auction at 9:02pm (timestamp) in the game, after which you take a ss and post it on the forums at 9:04pm. Some would think the auction starts at 9:02pm, but based on the last rulings in some of the threads, there isn't really a doubt that it starts at the moment proof is posted, so at 9:04pm.

The problem with starting based on forum time is that it makes it so that ending will also be based on forum time, which means that last minute bids made in-game will be posted too late. For example, if a 24h auction started at 11:00pm and you got a last-minute offer in game, you basically have to post ss of it on the forums 10:59pm at the latest, because otherwise it will be judged invalid, even if a ss was to show it was clearly on time and thus would've extended the auction for 15 mins. I understand that a person's in-game timezone differs from other people's forum time, but if the minutes from the screenshot and the forum post don't differ by much, the screenshot should count as valid proof. It's not realistic to require the proof to be posted in less than a minute on the forums.

I'm fine with either or, but would like the rules to mention it clearly which timestamp is prioritized.

I understand that if you make the rules too sloppy/easy, there may be loop holes you could abuse.
On the other hand, if you make them as complicated as they are now, there are countless of sells, buys or auctions that do not follow the rules. Not in a intended way or in a way that would actually hurt anyone but because there can be many details you have to consider and you dont. If you play this game for a while, the rules may not seem too complicated, but casual players have often no idea what they do.

There are countless of trades that do not follow the rules to 100%, its still fine because both traders dont know it better anyway and it may not have been a big thing.
But then idk for what the rules are here. I interprete all this stuff more as a guideline rather than strict rules.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

I'd like one rule to be added that prohibits the seller from hiding the OT of the pokémon.... Not like it must be mentioned in all sells, but it must be given when asked by the buyer at least... In some cases it matters for us ( having a very special ot like : legendary players that left the game, very old Staff members, currently lovely staff, close friends, or even alts) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Checked/Done 1