Can only devs chaange players encounter rates

Exotickitty

Hi  i  wanted to ask before i play this private pokemongame mmo
Who can  change ur  shiny chance  or rare pokemon encounter rates.
Only devs(Admins  with  red name )  or also  Moderators -game  masters.

I worry that someone  who is in  favour or real life friend of some  staff  dev   that  he get better rates or literally free generated money or pokes.

Has there ever been any corruption or issue  going on in the history of pokemon   pro ? 

• Haha 1

As far as i know, no, shiny rates do not get altered based on favoritism.

At most staffers get rewarded 1 rare pokemon as compensation their work for the game. (In which case we talk about roughly half a year of active service to get the reward in the first place if staff rewards haven't changed) But the pokemon in question is made untradeable and in some cases not allowded to be used in pvp.

Free generated money is heavily frowned upon as that would skew the ingame economy.

7 hours ago, Exotickitty said:

Hi  i  wanted to ask before i play this private pokemongame mmo
Who can  change ur  shiny chance  or rare pokemon encounter rates.
Only devs(Admins  with  red name )  or also  Moderators -game  masters.

I worry that someone  who is in  favour or real life friend of some  staff  dev   that  he get better rates or literally free generated money or pokes.

Not possible and nobody in their right mind would want to do this. Devs especially would never grant such permissions to anyone, not even Admins. 

7 hours ago, Exotickitty said:

Has there ever been any corruption or issue  going on in the history of pokemon   pro ? 

Yes and majority of "damages" were reversed to the extend of it being almost nullified. 

6 hours ago, Yumetsuki said:

At most staffers get rewarded 1 rare pokemon as compensation their work for the game. (In which case we talk about roughly half a year of active service to get the reward in the first place if staff rewards haven't changed) But the pokemon in question is made untradeable and in some cases not allowded to be used in pvp.

We get a spawned Pokemon every 6 months, that are untradeable but we can select everything from it. We can only use 2 in PvP but most of us don't even play anymore. 

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

I see ,  i  just wanted ask  and see what staff would  say  and some players who take my question  seriously too.

Cause i  plan to spend aloot of time in this game here.  I love it .  

I hope  the dev  staff  has all under control , it would  be a tragedy if this game  went down or bad somehow

Edited by Exotickitty

On 9/20/2022 at 7:18 PM, Salemzeroo said:

The only way of doing that is staff-abuse which results in IP address ban, in which some may change the ot of some pokes... But changing the shiny chance rate is impossible. 

OT change is only possible for Admins and Devs and we track everything. So no, that is not possible.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:59 PM, Exotickitty said:

I see ,  i  just wanted ask  and see what staff would  say  and some players who take my question  seriously too.

Cause i  plan to spend aloot of time in this game here.  I love it .  

I hope  the dev  staff  has all under control , it would  be a tragedy if this game  went down or bad somehow

We do have everything under control, we have no mercy for staff abuse or any type of abuse in our game. Cheaters get met with the most severe consequences and bug abusers get the same treatment. 

The game is in its healthiest state in 5 years. 

• Developer

Hello, unfortunately there is no solution for your concerns. We are developing the game and the only way to completely eliminate potential abuse from developers is to stop developing the game and completely lock ourselves out of the database and server. Ideally, encrypt the server with a random password and throw it away as well.

However, this would make it impossible to further develop the game and fix bugs or even server crashes.

In all seriousness, there are only two Devs, Cames and I, and I can assure you that we are doing our best to not compromise the trust of our player base in us.

We are a large team looking over each other's shoulders to avoid such scenarios.