Would a program that played a chime be allowed?

Rahkeesh

I believe it would be allowed, as it doesn't really do something in game for you.

There are tools that count the amount of encounters of each mon you had, and they are allowed, so under the same logic, a tool that makes a specific sound when you hace a specific encounter should work. (I understand we don't pay much attention to the pokémon cries when multitasking).

23 minutes ago, Olker said:

I believe it would be allowed, as it doesn't really do something in game for you.

There are tools that count the amount of encounters of each mon you had, and they are allowed, so under the same logic, a tool that makes a specific sound when you hace a specific encounter should work. (I understand we don't pay much attention to the pokémon cries when multitasking).

Yeah this is consistent with my initial thinking on it, mostly just posting here in hopes to get a go/no-go from moderation.

So you manually hunt and want to play a sound when the desired Pokémon shows up? I think that is within our rules however anything automated such as stopping your char, automated movement etc would be considered cheating. Also you got my okay for now however I will place you in our watchlist just to be sure you aren't doing anything against our rules. This has no downside for you. 

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Qeight said:

So you manually hunt and want to play a sound when the desired Pokémon shows up? I think that is within our rules however anything automated such as stopping your char, automated movement etc would be considered cheating. Also you got my okay for now however I will place you in our watchlist just to be sure you aren't doing anything against our rules. This has no downside for you. 

Correct, just wanting an audible notifier since my attention is sometimes elsewhere, lately I've been doing story services for others and hunting on other pc at the same time on the Halloween map.  I've accidentally ran from numerous gligars unfortunately 😄 appreciate the response!