Player sessions

Technovortex

Hi,

I am not sure if this was previously mentioned by other players as I am new to the forums but, would it be possible to implement a "reconnect to session" option that gives you like a minute or two to reconnect to the server and pickup where you left off.

Whenever I'm in a battle and I go afk and my device's screen goes black and i try to reconnect, the battle already ended.

For instance, I'm at work and I encounter a Shiny Pokemon and something comes up and I'm now busy, if I get disconnected, that Shiny will be long gone. I'm aware cannot speak for others but I think this would be a good QOL feature in the long run.

Thanks for reading, have a great day! ❤️

Edited by Technovortex

• Administrator
On 10/25/2022 at 2:18 AM, Technovortex said:

Hi,

I am not sure if this was previously mentioned by other players as I am new to the forums but, would it be possible to implement a "reconnect to session" option that gives you like a minute or two to reconnect to the server and pickup where you left off.

Whenever I'm in a battle and I go afk and my device's screen goes black and i try to reconnect, the battle already ended.

For instance, I'm at work and I encounter a Shiny Pokemon and something comes up and I'm now busy, if I get disconnected, that Shiny will be long gone. I'm aware cannot speak for others but I think this would be a good QOL feature in the long run.

Thanks for reading, have a great day! ❤️

Uhm, the client should disconnect you only after 1 hour of inactivity, regardless of the situation you are in.

This mean that if you encounter the Pokemon, you have 1 hour to interact with the battle, even just pressing a button (to get out of the afk-status) and then you have other 60 minutes.

Isn't that enough time? 👀

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

11 hours ago, Princekashyap said:

I think he is talking about his phone. His phone gets sleep due to inactivity and PRO doesn't work in background in Android. 

I finally have some time to reply-- this is pretty much what I was referring to. Whenever your phone goes to sleep for a few seconds you get disconnected.

Thanks much!

I don't know if this helps but you can increase the sleep or screen on time for your device which in-turn won't let your phone go to sleep and not getting disconnected from the game server.

Settings-display-sleep change it to 30 minutes or whatever you feel like.

I personally do this while working.