Regarding Return and Frustration's Quality of Life reverted change

Bhimoso

Hey, could we have an actually healthy discussion on if it is possible to revert this change?

Return and Frustration used to be always base 102 power when used. Now you completely depend on happiness. While it is like the base mechanic in the original games, in PRO this is pretty restrictive. If you trade your pokemon away, its happiness resets and you have to grow it up again. If you accidentally walk around your happiness will grow and you'll have to faint your pokemon to use Frustration. If you accidentally use items on your pokemon this can happen too. I don't think there's a bad reason to revert the change, while I understand trying to be similar to the originals and accomodate to it, PRO is its whole different game and we don't really have a reason to follow them all the time (check the Repel + Sync mechanic, Shadow pokemon, Dig Spots, Pokestops and many more features).

Could this change be reverted and just always have Return and Frustration at maximum base power or atleast have a discussion on it without throwing stones between developers and users? Like adults?

• Like 5
  • Checked/Done 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

If reverting the decision isnt an option at least give us a reason to actually care about either one of the options rather than just choosing return since happiness growth is just easier to get.
The way its implemented there is no reason to go for 0 happiness over max. This isnt something you can work on when youre lvling/ev training since that raises happiness, so you literally have to spam herbs/ letting your mon die from lvl 100 (pretty sure the knockout item doesnt change happiness).
If you change this design it shouldve been for a good reason. As it stands this change did nothing except every mon that uses return/frustration can only reasonably use return now.
As mechanics go the only thing this affects is ditto interactions with the moves (not counting stupid [heck] like imprison since no mon reallistically has both of moves in their set), which i dont mind it being pushed even if thats the only reason but it should be made accessible for the player to choose which path they want to take. You can even make it a money dump and introduce an item that strictly increases/decreases happiness that isnt wasting good pve items that are mostly used for their primary effects like herbs/ev berries.

I am in full support of reverting that change.

The reasons bhimoso mentioned are pretty much the same I would bring forward myself.

It brings uneccessary frustration to the game (pun not intended), and I struggle to find any good reason for that change. 

The only reason I heard, is that it is to stay true with the original game, which is a "it has always been like that" kind of argument.

A thing I liked about PRO always was, that it understand certain struggles players had while playing Pokemon or MMOs and found nice solutions for it. Frustation/Return coding was one of them. The reverting of that is therefore are reversion of a progressive thought.