Implement a Hidden Ability checker.

Bhimoso

Dear Walross:

a.png.647e223cb07640235dc468e83390cc36.png

^to avoid purchasing something like this and then becoming...

b.png.3ea39330f2d64cbef808daf89d8b10e6.png

^this. :^) really affects the player really negatively and the market of Ferroseed and other cocoon pokemon to not know if it will evolve into its HA. Thanks!

• Haha 1
  • Checked/Done 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

+1, Back in 2020, I almost scammed someone for selling my godly ferroseed for millions. Good thing I told the buyer that ill train and evolve it first (to check if it really has a Hidden Ability) unfortunately, I'm right.. and it did turn to H.A. R.I.P me man..

Spoiler

image.png.39d6d0dd74c7bbbce315a58eff1274c1.png

• Like 1

Untitled_05-31-2022_12-01-07_2.png.b0206a71b8f00a4946f0e5bd1b5adf38.png

Hello o/

I do not think this kind of feature should ever exist in the game (and also do not think it will happen). I feel this suggestion is done after a frustrating event that is of course sad but a lot of mechanics in the games create some frustration, specially with RNG [Random Number Generator]. While we can aim to less RNG, it is still an important factor of Pokemon and Pokemon Revolution Online.

• I consider the evolutions abilities changes as a part of the Pokemon game.
  • Both sides, sellers and buyers, can avoid that risk by evolving the pokemon. (kinda a lottery, you win or you lose)
    • It is safer for the buyer - but can lead to less concurrence for him.
    • The seller might take profit as well - but not always, might also lead to less important bidders.
      • The seller can do the personal choice to cancel this risk by evolving it. This sound RNG but he is the one doing the choice of a possible lost / win.
  • The risk can be known with the Pokedex as well.
  • Issues however start when someone manipulate the information during a trade interaction. For example a player knowing his Larvitar is H.A. and will intentionally try to sell it as Pupitar who has only 1 ability to hide that information to others players while he has that information. This is an infraction and a case being already considered. Referring to Trade Rules:
    •  Misleading / Deceiving.

- Intentionally giving another user false information, hiding or manipulating information before or after the trade has taken place. 

It is important to consider different points of views and not only considering the sad surprise of an evolution not giving the ability you wanted. 

For these reasons, I do not wish that kind of NPC or feature being visible in-game by players. [-1]

Have a nice day.

~Yauga~

InGame : Yauga - Moffteria

Discord : yauga - previously Yauga#5022

Enjoy the Game