New Leaf Community Event: Build-a-mon

Tleperingo, the Volcanic Rabbit Pokémon

Electric/Fire

Its body absorbs geothermal energy from the ground, releasing it as an electrical surge that spikes through its fur. This process also creates a lot of heat, so it cools itself down with the constant snowfall of the volcano summits it inhabits. Apples are its favorite food

Abilities: Static, Flash Fire, Thermal Conversion (New, H.A. When this Pokémon is hit with a Ground type move, it will receive damage as if it was Fire type move)

TeporingoMon.png.81dc6711b8341f328bd0195cb78e80c3.png

Stats:

HP: 80

Attack: 75

Defense: 70
Sp. Atk: 85

Sp. Def: 70

Speed: 69

Origins/Lore

As per my tradition when participating in this kind of contests, I went with another endemic species from México. This time, I only made one mon which is based on a small rabbit called teporingo, or more literal from the dex description, volcano rabbit. As the name suggests, It is native to the volcanic region surrounding the Valley of México, particularly famous from the Popocatépetl and Iztaccihuatl. It has become more scarce as the urbanization has taken a lot of terrain from the grasslands it used to inhabit, and as the Earth's temperature continues rising from global warming, the space it has to live grows more limited as it continues to seek colder and higher ground. These attributes are all added one way or the other to its Pokédex description. 

About its name, it mostrly preserves the base word for this animal, teporingo, adding the syllable "tle" which is very comon for fire related words in nahuatl, one of the most largely spoken indigenous languages in the region of the Valley. It also incorporates the syllable "ri" from the word "Kaminari", one of the words to describe lightning in Japanese. Finally, the fun fact about it liking apples also comes from the fact that the last two syllables in its name form the word "ringo", meaning, of course, apple

Edited by Blazeleiton
  • Like 2

Subscribe to my channel:
Blaze Leiton

Channel Banner Blaze Leiton.png

Congrats to @Hanerozefor winning the Build-a-mon event with his Pokemon, Shimeo!

Spoiler

image.png.898d576726b2e6d86ec2b8bde84ddcdb.png

Spoiler

image.png.4482836d375ed01832d0c28c250e5f5a.png

The design and details put into this was incredible. Everyone had amazing submissions and all of the fakemons were well put together. 

Thank you for participating and hopefully we'll see you soon in the next event.