Hoenn Mt. Pyre Walktrough

Vangyselg

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

And THIS is where PRO lost me. I have played through two regions and all the difficulty spikes in them, but I'm just not going to go power level for 1-2 hours to do this stupid challenge which is for some reason part of the story. Not to mention the money I would have to waste to buy enough revives or hyper potions to make it through this.

I've figured out the difference between the main series games and PRO, Gamefreak has the idea of natural progression down. By the time you get to a gym/evil team challenge in the games you are appropriate level already due to the wild pokemon you have to battle, in PRO you have to grind before almost each and every one.

And THIS is where PRO lost me. I have played through two regions and all the difficulty spikes in them, but I'm just not going to go power level for 1-2 hours to do this stupid challenge which is for some reason part of the story. Not to mention the money I would have to waste to buy enough revives or hyper potions to make it through this.

I've figured out the difference between the main series games and PRO, Gamefreak has the idea of natural progression down. By the time you get to a gym/evil team challenge in the games you are appropriate level already due to the wild pokemon you have to battle, in PRO you have to grind before almost each and every one.

You don't need to grind for hours,. You just need the right pokemon to figure it out.

The thing about PRO that's different from other pokemon games is the challenge of it. Without a challenge there is no need to come back to the game. If you don't feel like pokemon needs to challenge you then just go and play the main stream pokemon games.

Best of luck! :Grin:

200px-VSTeam_Aqua_Grunt_F.png

• 1 year later...
You don't need to grind for hours,. You just need the right pokemon to figure it out.

The thing about PRO that's different from other pokemon games is the challenge of it. Without a challenge there is no need to come back to the game. If you don't feel like pokemon needs to challenge you then just go and play the main stream pokemon games.

Yeah.. no.

There's a big difference between it being a challenge, and it being utterly ridiculous. This part of the game is the latter.

I honestly don't know what the devs were thinking when they put this in? "lol hey wouldn't it be hilarious if we put in a huge gauntlet of trainers that reset every time you wipe/leave to heal your pokemon, and don't give you any experience or pokedollars?"...

Like, obviously you DO need to grind for hours if you want to get through something as dumb as this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just need the right pokemon you say... What would those be? Because with this being an mmo and all you do have to grind. Either grind levels and one shot everything, or grind money and buy potions and revives. Again it's an mmo you have to grind at some point. Personally I'm stopping right now and waiting for npc cooldowns so I can grind money for it, though I'm betting in the process I'll get a few levels in too.

And to those that say "you don't have to grind for money just sell stuff" all I have to say to that is not everyone can sell things. I've got a list of things I'm selling posted in the trade tab that I posted when I was preparing for the Johto e4 but I've been trying to sell most of those things since before I battled Blaine in Kanto. Yet I've only sold like 4 things total in game.

• 5 weeks later...

I like challenges...those original games were pretty easy not much interesting but PRO is the best...:CharYay:

hi

• 2 weeks later...

half way decent clefairy with moonlight and moon blast at lvl 73 with like 30 berrys for move pp... i didn't really have to grind at all just a little annoying that you get nothing from it and they respawn if u leave