Notepad C++

Guest Isaac

Hello PRO Community,

Just recently in some of my classes they have been touching up on Notepad C++ HTML coding. So I just need to refresh my memory, if anyone can help me out with a few basic details or tips about C++ coding HTML. I only remember a few tags and commands, but overall I lost my memory on this specific coding.

So can you guys help me out and reply some information that you know? I really want to pass the class with an A+.

Isaac

• 2 months later...

I know some HTML a little bit but not C++. I only know some mark up languages but not programming. Here is a good site where u can look for HTML tags here at https://www.w3schools.com/ , I use this site as well for references. If u want a good editor i recommend Brackets . I don't usually use Notepad C++

620491_trainercard-Tyano123.png

Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.

• 3 months later...

TheNewBoston is a great free resource to learn about c++ he starts slow but it picks up.

c++ is a fairly complex and broad language. If you have only ever done HTML I would recommend using Lynda.com and do their fundamentals of programming course and then move from there.

TheNewBoston:

Lynda.com https://www.lynda.com/plans

This is also a good channel not so much talking about code, but rather the concepts behind it. Learning code wrote is a horrible way to learn, knowing why we use statements will help you out the most.

GL.

If you need the beginnings, Bob Tabor from Microsoft Virtual Academy has some great great introduction to html5 and css3. It's ~30hours if I remember correctly, and it's really an introduction rather than complete course, but he gets into a lot of important details, explains it very well and I personally think his course is the best way to start. He also has a C# course which is just as good.

• 5 weeks later...
38846 Hello PRO Community,

Just recently in some of my classes they have been touching up on Notepad C++ HTML coding. So I just need to refresh my memory, if anyone can help me out with a few basic details or tips about C++ coding HTML. I only remember a few tags and commands, but overall I lost my memory on this specific coding.

So can you guys help me out and reply some information that you know? I really want to pass the class with an A+.

Isaac

Here https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_code.asp . I used this when I was making a website for Unit 2 Coursework in IT. Hope that helps :p

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4

• 1 month later...

C++ and HTML have very little to do with on another.

HTML is a markup language used to write website frontends.

C++ is a general-purpose programming language, mostly used to create server and desktop applications.

What do you want to do? Create a website? A web-based game? You won't need C++ for any of that.

@Judgeharm I had a look at the C++ videos you recommended. It encourages a lot of bad practices.

For instance:

• using namespace std;
  • use of "\n" instead of the generic std::endl
  • invalid main declaration: int main() instead of int main(int argc, char* argv[])
  • inconsistencies, sometimes write curly braces on the same line as the declaration, sometimes not

More importantly, what he is doing in his videos is teaching C by using C++. Writing C++ like C is a very bad idea. C++ has a layer of compatibility with C but one should not write C++ like C.

However, learning C before C++ is a good idea, since the concepts of C are used in C++.

If you plan on learning C++, I would advise learning C with the K&R book. It is a reference and the best book there is to learn C and programming overall. The authors are Brian Kernighan, one of the main Unix creators and Dennis Ritchie, the inventor of C (mostly for Unix).

You could then go for Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ from Bjarne Stroustrup, the creator of C++.