Seeing bots reduces motivation to hunt.

Sk8trgod618

For the moment I think we need more staff member who can ban botter. Actually only 3 staff members can ban a botter, so one for each server. Its not enough in my opinion.

I know there are new staff member who are in formation, and we really need u !

A botter can't be ban if we report him even with the best video and prove, the only way to ban a botter is that one of the three Gm come online and see with his eyes the botter botting. Ima its not a good system.

As Staff members said, they have a life irl with job and family, so a Gm can't be online all the time. So if someone bot only the during night for exemple, he will never got banned, even with reports. Its a problem.

In a perfect life, we need staff members who can ban botter and be online ingame 24H/24. For the moment botter can be ban only 1-3h/24 or less depending the activity of the gm. If we have 5 gm per serv with 2h of activity per day in game it would be very nice with 12h per days to ban botter.

On the other hand, I don't understand why u delete the anti bot Room.

Now only a Gm can sent u in this room, so its manually. Why ? It was a good idea.

I'm not an expert in coding but I think its possible to make something that a bot can't solve in this room. This room is the best idea for fight botte, she need to be update and need to be automatic!

In the current system Bot aren't worried, so it is not surprising to see so much botter, the message of the cheater that has been delete explains the situation well. The Botter are free and we need change.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There already strict limits onto having accounts on PRO (two accounts per email. two emails in use for the game. meaning four is the maximum.) Though when it comes to botting, if four accounts if found to be in use, then all accounts are suspended until appeal.

Honestly, in your point, you just stated there is no true way to remove botting which is the huge point of why all staff member can not do much except from following the current Punishment Policy. The current system isn't at fault, but the whole game's perspective in total. So unless you wish to do a whole re haul of the entire game's code or make the rules so strict that players will complain, feel free to do so with your own game and good luck.

Adding more systems to the games or changing the rules (rules are already strict. what even better then a perm ban?) will just add more twists and turns to botting which will make it even more difficult then what we start with as just like you stated, botting is quite hard to get rid of just like the point of real life. Real life illegal drugs are the same as they're hard to detain as well.

I am fully aware of the difficulty of getting rid of bots but the point I am making is that the current policy isn't strict enough. Most games don't even allow a single multiple account never mind four, especially on separate emails. The current rules should be stricter even if it will hurt some (i am guessing very few) legit players who are actually utilizing four accounts. Two accounts is more than enough, I actually don't know why you would want more than that. The best way to stop bots is to make people not want to bot, I am not going to claim I know the best way to do that, but having stricter rules and banning people who utilize more than two accounts would be a good start imo.

325495 For the moment I think we need more staff member who can ban botter. Actually only 3 staff members can ban a botter, so one for each server. Its not enough in my opinion.

I know there are new staff member who are in formation, and we really need u !

A botter can't be ban if we report him even with the best video and prove, the only way to ban a botter is that one of the three Gm come online and see with his eyes the botter botting. Ima its not a good system.

As Staff members said, they have a life irl with job and family, so a Gm can't be online all the time. So if someone bot only the during night for exemple, he will never got banned, even with reports. Its a problem.

In a perfect life, we need staff members who can ban botter and be online ingame 24H/24. For the moment botter can be ban only 1-3h/24 or less depending the activity of the gm. If we have 5 gm per serv with 2h of activity per day in game it would be very nice with 12h per days to ban botter.

On the other hand, I don't understand why u delete the anti bot Room.

Now only a Gm can sent u in this room, so its manually. Why ? It was a good idea.

I'm not an expert in coding but I think its possible to make something that a bot can't solve in this room. This room is the best idea for fight botte, she need to be update and need to be automatic!

In the current system Bot aren't worried, so it is not surprising to see so much botter, the message of the cheater that has been delete explains the situation well. The Botter are free and we need change.

i am actually agreeing with you on this the bot room was pretty effective but i think we should catch it at the source i know it may be hardwork but it is worth it why doesn't someone go to these botting websites and track the ip of every person on there or find the rat in all this and drstroy it *shrugs*

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2FibG9hZC5kZS9pbWcvbmlja3o1YThxLnBuZyJ9.KG40FVikvJIM4qyypUMWM7ysaOE?width=400&height=200

[glow=red]"In this world,where ever there is light - there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be loosers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."[/glow]

I hate botters not because I envy or jealous. But I'm afraid that they will broke this game that I love most. Already played many MMORPG for almost 15+ yrs. All of them was brought down for good by these botters/hackers. Namely Lineage 2, Ragnarok Private Servers, Chrono Tales, Cabal, etc.

I just hope it didn't happen on PRO. I just really really hope.

Please not this one!! Lord pleaaasseee!! :Frown:

Call me naive. but how can you even tell someone is bottiing in this game? I mean if it is them moving in only one pattern Or something like that hen it looks like everyone is botting. I mean I hardly deviate from a certain movement when I am Hunting or leveling pokes.

325756 Call me naive. but how can you even tell someone is bottiing in this game? I mean if it is them moving in only one pattern Or something like that hen it looks like everyone is botting. I mean I hardly deviate from a certain movement when I am Hunting or leveling pokes.

Their is no definite way (for regular players) unless they are stuck in some obvious shitty loop for like 5 hours, such as if they get stuck and aren't in grass etc. I am not sure how good the bots are in this game yet I am assuming not great, in other games I have played just by watching it would have been hard to differentiate between them and a real player, making recording bots that aren't stuck in an obvious loop pretty much useless.

The best way outside of that is looking at names - hours, where they are farming for such a long time. It would not surprise me if many players whom have a large amount of legit hours on a main account bot on alt accounts, and either launder the money grinded over. I have seen some people messaging suspected botters and if they don't respond they believe they are likely botting, this is obviously not full proof and once again I would say is fairly weak evidence as anybody could have it turned off or not paying attention to the game entirely.

If you see anybody named 160903 or any number combination with over 200 hours it is pretty safe to assume that it is some botting alt account. Botting as I have previously said is a problem best removed through discouragement rather than finding and banning bots, the latter is important but rules should be changed to discourage botting as much as possible. You will never ban or remove all the bots from a game once they infiltrate it they are here to stay, that is the unfortunate truth.

325456 Prosh wrote:

Source of the post

Mapplle wrote:

Source of the post Only a few staff are able to fully bot hunton their own, mostly GMs hence why it can take time to clean sicne we are likely one GM per server. Now on if you find a bot please report it with a video, myself is adding all reports to a list that i regulary check to hunt down bots being reported, it helps us a lot to find bots and ban them

What is a bot :Question: :Question: :Question:

A botter is when someone uses automation software to play the game for them, so they arent even controlling their player, they have a pre-loaded script for their movements and actions, meaning you can play without actually playing ... its also bannable by perma ban if you are found to be botting along with any or all alt accounts you may have.

I thank you very much. i will be ready.

I value my accomplishments on what I have the time and motivation for, simply. I play the game at my own pace and any comparison to my progression to another player's is put in a more optimistic perspective. Rather than "Wow, he must have alot of bot alts" or "He must be unemployed", it's easier to A). Admire their achievement, B). set a new goal to motivate myself even further to get there, C). enjoy the journey - the destination is only bittersweet.

Regardless, this isn't to say the players using third party software doesn't hurt the economy or discourage others - because it still does, yes.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life