PvP Rewards Discussion.

Daeon

1. 1.

First things first I would like to make you aware that this is a much less formal, and more of a chatty post - please don't take anything in this post as gospel, as it may be subject to change depending on varying factors such as time I have to donate towards it and so on.

PvP as we all know is a huge part of PRO's end-game for a number of Players.

The problem we have at the moment is that the vast majority of seasoned RPvP Players have obtained all possible rewards, and at this point in time, the value of PvP Coins has deflated - the 500 PvP Coin Reward seems like nothing to what it was when they were first introduced. This is understandable and just the case in any type of economy.

So. Spoiler time. Lil' bit. :Crazy:

In the next update, I am hoping to introduce a couple changes - one, that if goes to plan, will bring something that has been requested for a long time *cough*legendaryrelateddon'ttellanyoneshhhhh*cough* - the other, is a new Cloak, which will also be rewarded to those who chose the Alternative Cloak option from the Tournament, this will be a new model, so keep your fingers and toes crossed there. Don't hate me too much if it looks like Ditto transformed and got stuck halfway, I'm not an artist, but I'm making do.

In the near future, I would also like to run another Tournament using the Tag Team concept that is also in the PvP area of forums, but as I will be running this alone there will be amendments and changes, these will be made clear in the Registration post when I decide on dates.

So, in addition to this, I'd like to ask you guys, what do you want to see as a reward for Rated PvP? Please be aware that this is not by any means a promise to grant every request that we receive, but in all honesty, I want to give you guys the good stuff where I can so, I'll do my best.

Side note, I'm kinda ill atm, I'll probably come back and edit this post and make it fancier at a later date. Maybe. Would rather just get you guys talking about it for now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to hear, i would suggest making individual awards for the best and top 5 player in a season. This would actually promote players to boost one account mostly and would give ppl the incentive to keep playing instead of just parking their accounts on the ladder.

Also would make the race for number 1 more exciting.

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

364499 nice to hear, i would suggest making individual awards for the best and top 5 player in a season. This would actually promote players to boost one account mostly and would give ppl the incentive to keep playing instead of just parking their accounts on the ladder.

Also would make the race for number 1 more exciting.

Because of Staff numbers and things like this, the closest I may be able to get to this is multiple cloak colours and let people choose. :3

Btw how do we feel about pink cloaks? :Crazy:

As already mentioned, there should be different rewards between places #25 and #1. Currently, there's no incentive to actually go any further than #25 which I feel is stale and unmotivating - I'd suggest special prices for #2-4 and #1 respectively to change that. Furthermore, I personally struggle to percieve the guild ladder as a real thing: to me, the bonus experience seems like a small goodie that is almost naturally granted to any player - not once have I looked up the leaderboard and thought to myself "We need to get a better rating", which, when you look at it from a competetive point of view, is a sad thing: the reward simply is neither great nor unique enough to cause a group effort of trying to actually reach a high placing. In order to change that, I would suggest lowering the amount of guilds eligible for rewards; having only 3 or 5 guilds earn whatever reward automatically makes it more desireable and (hopefully) causes guilds to actively aim for a high rating.

To sum up:

- There should be less people who get rewards; instead the rewards should be more fancy (especially for guilds)

- Reward quality should vary; the best of the best in particular should be requited appropriately

I appreciate the work you guys and gals (especially Daeon :Heart: ) have put into PRO's PVP so far and hope for further positive change! Also, I feel like the above sounds way too negative, but I don't know how to formulate it in a more neutral way without losing the point I'm trying to make, hope you understand.

Greetings

Good to see that some1 takes care about the topic.

Imo The points should scale with the rank u achieved (like 500 for numer 1 and like 10% less for every position down to number 25). I would also like to see more players on the ladder like the top 100 or all players with a certain number of points

On the guild reward i think it should be similar but only the best 15...25 players should count. Else the biggest guild would have the best chances to get number 1 and not the guild with the best players. Alternative accounts would be a problem too.