PvP Rewards Discussion.

Daeon

1. 1.

364507 To sum up:

- There should be less people who get rewards; instead the rewards should be more fancy (especially for guilds)

- Reward quality should vary; the best of the best in particular should be requited appropriately

Maybe I could try to introduce something tiered, like Tournament rewards were.

#1 Individual Reward, only available to those who reach this spot. In addition to receiving the same as prizes awarded to those in Top 25.

#2-10 PvP Related Items that can only be obtained via the ladder -> potentially new cloak colours etc?

#11-25 The usual.

In terms of guild rewards, this is a bit harder cause there's guild members who would benefit from guild based rewards without even being involved in PvP at all - the point is to benefit those who actually PvP so this might require a little bit more thinking. But am I on the right track here?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

364507 To sum up:

- There should be less people who get rewards; instead the rewards should be more fancy (especially for guilds)

- Reward quality should vary; the best of the best in particular should be requited appropriately

Maybe I could try to introduce something tiered, like Tournament rewards were.

#1 Individual Reward, only available to those who reach this spot. In addition to receiving the same as prizes awarded to those in Top 25.

#2-10 PvP Related Items that can only be obtained via the ladder -> potentially new cloak colours etc?

#11-25 The usual.

In terms of guild rewards, this is a bit harder cause there's guild members who would benefit from guild based rewards without even being involved in PvP at all - the point is to benefit those who actually PvP so this might require a little bit more thinking. But am I on the right track here?

that sounds really good.

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

364475post about PVP rewards

Hello Daeon :D,

first of all; these new PVP related voting/discussion threads are a really good step into the right direction; would love to see more of these kinds.

I will try to make this post as insightful as I can.

These are of course just general suggestions for a better PVP environment overall but I will mentioned certain rewards as well since this is the main subject in this thread.

I overall appreciate the effort you put into these new cloaks, so keep up the good work you are doing. :) The tournament idea is something I wanted to see become alive anyway; so good to see that this is still on the table :P

• Suggestions
  • [goto=top25]Top25 rewards[/goto]
  • [goto=top10]Top10 rewards[/goto]
  • [goto=cloaks]PVP Sets[/goto]
  • [goto=mount]PVP Mounts[/goto]
  • [goto=pvpitems]Items out of the PVP store[/goto]
  • [goto=season]Overall Season[/goto]

[anchor=top25]Top25 rewards[/anchor]

This is overall just my opinion and certain people will most likely disagree but I think the reward of 500 coins is too much hence I suggest to lower the amount for specific ranks. This will not only ensure that the value of PVP coins stays high; it will also mean that "playing just for Top25" isn't rewarded as much as "trying to be the best".

• #25 to #21 ~ 200 coins
  • #20 to #15 ~ 225 coins
  • #14 to #10 ~ 250 coins
  • #9 to #4 ~ 300 coins
  • #3 and #2 ~ 350 coins
  • #1 ~ remains 500 coins

The reward is rather stiff and boring since there is nothing you can't get without being Top25 hence I suggest making certain new things in the PVP Shop "Top25" only (of course people who already were Top25 are included in this), this will also ensure that people are actually trying to get on the ladder.

I saw a lot of people who are actually just playing for the sake of coins and not for being on the ladder hence this might bring the motivation up to be on the ladder.

I suggest also some sort of in game "tribute" towards the Top25 players of each season; something similar is already in game but not fully finished yet.

The chance of having your own name on the wall of a video game for being a good player, well seems like something I would want to achieve if I am dedicated enough.

uAIaphV.png

I am just throwing ideas around but some sort of forum "border/rank" would also be nice, at least for some (like the PRO Member thingy); for the Top25 finishing players (old as new, since there was something in rewards mentioned a couple seasons ago "Users will receive achievements. (Visible in a future version)." ).

I also suggest some sort of extra item rewards for for certain ranks; (example)

• #25 to #21 ~ 200 coins + 2 Masterballs
  • #20 to #15 ~ 225 coins +1 Widelens/Muscleband/WiseGlasses/QuickClaw/Lagging Tail/Scope Lens
  • #14 to #10 ~ 250 coins + 1 Toxicorb
  • #9 to #4 ~ 300 coins + 1 Lifeorb
  • #3 and #2 ~ 350 coins + 1 Lifeorb
  • #1 ~ remains 500 coins + 2 Lifeorbs

[anchor=top10]Top10 rewards[/anchor]

This is about the Guild reward in general; I do actually like the 25% XP bonus for every member but I still think it could be better because some guilds put minimal effort into PVPing but are on the ladder just because nobody else is hence trying to be in the higher guild tier ranks doesn't actually mean anything; this is why I am suggesting a change in the rewarding XP %.

• #10 to #7 ~ 10% XP Bonus
  • #6 to #4 ~ 20% XP Bonus
  • #3 to 1 ~ remains 25% XP Bonus

The XP reward is overall pretty good and I enjoy it much but something like a tribute in game would also be nice hence I am suggesting the same thing for the Guild ladder.

I have to admit that the 25% XP Bonus is overall pretty generous so there is nothing else I would want to add on top of it.

[anchor=cloaks]PVP Sets[/anchor]

This might not be the best suggestion but for someone who started playing when yellow was created the frustration is big that we can't unlock the older PVP cloaks; hence I suggest to make ALL PVP cloaks obtainable for everyone at every season this will also ensure that people don't have too many coins over; means they can buy more (not tradable stuff) -> value of PVP coins doesn't fall further.

[anchor=mount]PVP Mount Kyogre[/anchor]

I guess you already know what I am talking about (I suggested it already) but for the sake of a complete suggestion list, I will throw it in here again.

The Kyogre mount needs special trails like all the other PVP mounts, this kinda makes them a bit more special and I don't even know why this wasn't done in the first place. I know that this suggestion is right now not possible but keep this in mind for the future when we have full active artists team again.

[anchor=pvpitems]Items out of the PVP store[/anchor]

I suggest to change the price of masterballs (I changed my opinion on that) to 2 to 5 coins; still will ensure that people who already have everything can use this balls for certain things (e.g Beldum hunts).

I suggest also lowering the price of Widelens/Muscleband/WiseGlasses/QuickClaw/Lagging Tail/Scope Lens to 35 coins each and increasing the price of the orbs to 65 coins each, this will balance things out a bit since people mostly buy the orbs.

[anchor=season]Overall Season[/anchor]

This is a rather old suggestion but applies here too. The PVP season should have a set day; meaning that it will end after 6 weeks, 1 off week and then again 6 weeks.

The reason behind this is that people will fight for their spot, PVP in the last minute if they see that they are dropping; will be overall more competitive.

[offtopic]#EDIT: messed upped the goto/anchor commands, fixed it

#EDIT2: fixed a typo

##EDIT3: fixed a few typos q.q[/offtopic]

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

364475post about PVP rewards

Hello Daeon :D,

first of all; these new PVP related voting/discussion threads are a really good step into the right direction; would love to see more of these kinds.

I will try to make this post as insightful as I can.

These are of course just general suggestions for a better PVP environment overall but I will mentioned certain rewards as well since this is the main subject in this thread.

I overall appreciate the effort you put into these new cloaks, so keep up the good work you are doing. :) The tournament idea is something I wanted to see become alive anyway; so good to see that this is still on the table :P

• Suggestions
  • [goto=top25]Top25 rewards[/goto]
  • [goto=top10]Top10 rewards[/goto]
  • [goto=cloaks]PVP Sets[/goto]
  • [goto=mount]PVP Mounts[/goto]
  • [goto=pvpitems]Items out of the PVP store[/goto]
  • [goto=season]Overall Season[/goto]

[anchor=top25]Top25 rewards[/anchor]

This is overall just my opinion and certain people will most likely disagree but I think the reward of 500 coins is too much hence I suggest to lower the amount for specific ranks. This will not only ensure that the value of PVP coins stays high; it will also mean that "playing just for Top25" isn't rewarded as much as "trying to be the best".

• #25 to #21 ~ 200 coins
  • #20 to #15 ~ 225 coins
  • #14 to #10 ~ 250 coins
  • #9 to #4 ~ 300 coins
  • #3 and #2 ~ 350 coins
  • #1 ~ remains 500 coins

The reward is rather stiff and boring since there is nothing you can't get without being Top25 hence I suggest making certain new things in the PVP Shop "Top25" only (of course people who already were Top25 are included in this), this will also ensure that people are actually trying to be get on the ladder.

I saw a lot of people who are actually just playing for the sake of coins and not for being on the ladder hence this might bring the motivation up to be on the ladder.

I suggest also some sort of in game "tribute" towards the Top25 players of each season; something similar is already in game but not fully finished yet.

The chance of having your own name on the wall of a video game for being a good player, well seems like something I would want to achieve if I am dedicated enough.

uAIaphV.png

I am just throwing ideas around but some sort of forum "border/rank" would also be nice, at least for some (like the PRO Member thingy); for the Top25 finishing players (old as new, since there was something in rewards mentioned a couple seasons ago "Users will receive achievements. (Visible in a future version)." ).

I also suggest some sort of extra item rewards for for certain ranks; (example)

• #25 to #21 ~ 200 coins + 2 Masterballs
  • #20 to #15 ~ 225 coins +1 Widelens/Muscleband/WiseGlasses/QuickClaw/Lagging Tail/Scope Lens
  • #14 to #10 ~ 250 coins + 1 Toxicorb
  • #9 to #4 ~ 300 coins + 1 Lifeorb
  • #3 and #2 ~ 350 coins + 1 Lifeorb
  • #1 ~ remains 500 coins + 2 Lifeorbs

[anchor=top10]Top10 rewards[/anchor]

This is about the Guild reward in general; I do actually like the 25% XP bonus for every member but I still think it could be better because some guilds put minimal effort into PVPing but are on the ladder just because nobody else is hence trying to be in the higher guild tier ranks doesn't actually mean anything; this is why I am suggesting a change in the rewarding XP %.

• #10 to #7 ~ 10% XP Bonus
  • #6 to #4 ~ 20% XP Bonus
  • #3 to 1 ~ remains 25% XP Bonus

The XP reward is overall pretty good and I enjoy it much but something like a tribute in game would also be nice hence I am suggesting the same thing for the Guild ladder.

I have to admit that the 25% XP Bonus is overall pretty generous so there is nothing else I would want to add on top of it.

[anchor=cloaks]PVP Sets[/anchor]

This might not be the best suggestion but for someone who started playing when yellow was created the frustration is big that we can't unlock the older PVP cloaks; hence I suggest to make ALL PVP cloaks obtainable for everyone at every season this will also ensure that people don't have too many coins over; means they can buy more (not tradable stuff) -> value of PVP coins doesn't fall further.

[anchor=mount]PVP Mount Kyogre[/anchor]

I guess you already know what I am talking about (I suggested it already) but for the sake of a complete suggestion list, I will throw it in here again.

The Kyogre mount needs special trails like all the other PVP mounts, this kinda makes them a bit more special and I don't even know why this wasn't done in the first place. I know that this suggestion is right now not possible but keep this in mind for the future when we have full active artists team again.

[anchor=pvpitems]Items out of the PVP store[/anchor]

I suggest to change the price of masterballs (I changed my opinion on that) to 2 to 5 coins; still will ensure that people who already have everything can use this balls for certain things (e.g Beldum hunts).

I suggest also lowering the price of Widelens/Muscleband/WiseGlasses/QuickClaw/Lagging Tail/Scope Lens to 35 coins each and increasing the price of the orbs to 65 coins each, this will balance things out a bit since people mostly buy the orbs.

[anchor=season]Overall Season[/anchor]

This is a rather old suggestion but applies here too. The PVP season should have a set day; meaning that it will end after 6 weeks, 1 off week and then again 6 weeks.

The reason behind this is that people will fight for their spot, PVP in the last minute if they see that they are dropping; will be overall more competitive.

[offtopic]#EDIT: messed upped the goto/anchor commands, fixed it

#EDIT2: fixed a typo[/offtopic]

that is a really well made answer, i agree on every point, i would maybe change some prices especially to top1 since is not easy to get. thx daeon for ur attention to pvp!!!

JxEhvYc.gif

snip

snap

Well, it's called the guild ladder after all :p I think rewarding everyone is fine, even if there is some "deadweight" - those people usually add to the guild in other ways, otherwise there'd be no reason to keep them. But to be honest I'm not quite sure on how the reward could look either; my main point was that the current reward isn't "flashy" enough to encourage actual effort, people just sort of take it as a freebie since getting into the top 10 isn't much of an effort. I do definitely agree on the tier system though.

I agree with most of the said conversation here. For one I would like if you could add like I asked before instead of all the cloaks on black we put them on white for a change :3 and also the mounts and stuff are cool but it gets to a point where people do have everything so maybe more pvp items get added to the shop or like something special worth sayyyyyyy 5000ish coins idk what exactly but make it worth to pvp a bunch to obtain such a thing? But thanks daeon I been waiting for a bit of change of you do get around to it

4K82h71.png

But one thing is for sure there should be no set date of the ending pvp season because of the fact where the top 5 will none stop pvp till the end of that or say someone goes to sleep with a 30point lead as say the 2nd place guy stays up and pvps till they just hit 1st would be kinda annoying

4K82h71.png

Guest alanudao
364581 But one thing is for sure there should be no set date of the ending pvp season because of the fact where the top 5 will none stop pvp till the end of that or say someone goes to sleep with a 30point lead as say the 2nd place guy stays up and pvps till they just hit 1st would be kinda annoying

think is not so simple, if the end is radom, the second place cold pass the 1st, in a night, end when the day begins the season is over e.e, with a fixed date, both ( 1st and 2nd place) knows that the last the will be crucial ( if the rating difference betwen this 2 arent too high) and can plan for that day. i think the must frustrating thing is being vunerabel to this type of randomness, i mean the battles already have too much of this :V

although i understand ur point, and yes it is kinda more exciting this way, but i think the maximum uncertainty that can satisfy both points of view is like 5 days, like: a season can be plus 3 or minus 2 days longer or shorter , respectively, than the other. thats my point :Grin:

364581 But one thing is for sure there should be no set date of the ending pvp season because of the fact where the top 5 will none stop pvp till the end of that or say someone goes to sleep with a 30point lead as say the 2nd place guy stays up and pvps till they just hit 1st would be kinda annoying

think is not so simple, if the end is radom, the second place cold pass the 1st, in a night, end when the day begins the season is over e.e, with a fixed date, both ( 1st and 2nd place) knows that the last the will be crucial ( if the rating difference betwen this 2 arent too high) and can plan for that day. i think the must frustrating thing is being vunerabel to this type of randomness, i mean the battles already have too much of this :V

although i understand ur point, and yes it is kinda more exciting this way, but i think the maximum uncertainty that can satisfy both points of view is like 5 days, like: a season can be plus 3 or minus 2 days longer or shorter , respectively, than the other. thats my point :Grin:

Yes no set date but going from 3days longer 2 days shorter each season will keep that from happening

4K82h71.png