PvP Rewards Discussion.

Daeon

1. 1.

365122 Umm okay but i just did my general suggestion for the future pvp rewards , didn't intend to make a response to your suggestions xD.

Anyways, i don't know that much for yellow pvp rewards , i mean it's true you didn't have a chance to compete for the oldest cloaks but i believe that if they were to be added, they would be added for all servers again. Will it be a good thing? for the yellow server maybe , for the red server probably bad in my opinion. I don't have the first cloaks too , i wasn't playing from the start and then i was really bad for some time so i missed some cloaks xD. Still i think it is fair and reasonable for the oldest players to have some unique rewards. They played from the start of the game and thus they have some more rewards than anyone else.

Sorry seemed that way.

Anyway it might be true that these rewards are unique but we (speaking of my point of view) never had these cloaks in general, so yeah & it's rather hard to believe that the "vast majority" of the top rating PVPer have everything in the coinshop; hence the servers are different in terms of available pokemon for example, why not adding these cloaks seasonal to yellow/blue; if red server players don't want that. Some sort of voting pool could be done here; because some/most of the yellow PVP'er actually want at least the chance to have these older things, we already lack like 10 pokemon; why should we lack on even more content if it's available?

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

365097 Hello xApoman & Zinsmiter,

first of all I do appreciate both of your responses besides the fact that this the weakest suggestion of all the things I have mentioned and I even said so "This might not be the best suggestion", anyway you both focused just on that specific suggestion (you both didn't even mention once the other things I have said in my post).

I did suggest "unique" things such as the forum rank/border or the tribute in game, you can't get that from just playing.

If you didn't want feedback on your suggestion to make all PvP clothes available to everyone you shouldn't have suggested it. You make a suggestion that a lot of people would be upset about so you should be prepared for people to disagree with this (again, as in the past). Whether you choose to write "weak" in front of it or not.

Regarding other suggestions; rescaling coin value for the different ladder positions doesn't really make much of a difference to the issue of coins not being unique. Titles, ranks etc. have already been suggested before, Shane even wrote it himself but the fact is just that Shane hasn't coded it.

365128 Anyway it might be true that these rewards are unique but we (speaking of my point of view) never had these cloaks in general, so yeah & it's rather hard to believe that the "vast majority" of the top rating PVPer have everything in the coinshop; hence the servers are different in terms of available pokemon for example, why not adding these cloaks seasonal to yellow/blue; if red server players don't want that. Some sort of voting pool could be done here; because some/most of the yellow PVP'er actually want at least the chance to have these older things, we already lack like 10 pokemon; why should we lack on even more content if it's available?

Separating the servers' timelines compared to eachother seems highly questionable to me.

So if you happened to start on Red server instead of Yellow after all these seasons and stuff like 2015 halloween pokemon had passed you now hear that if you had started on Yellow server you could now repeat everything that is in the past on Red. It doesn't really seem fair to new players on the other servers to me. "If only i had just chosen Yellow at the same time that i chose the old Red server i could have had an OT Fennekin or the first season PvP rewards".

If you didn't want feedback on your suggestion to make all PvP clothes available to everyone you shouldn't have suggested it. You make a suggestion that a lot of people would be upset about so you should be prepared for people to disagree with this (again, as in the past). Whether you choose to write "weak" in front of it or not.

Regarding other suggestions; rescaling coin value for the different ladder positions doesn't really make much of a difference to the issue of coins not being unique. Titles, ranks etc. have already been suggested before, Shane even wrote it himself but the fact is just that Shane hasn't coded it.

Separating the servers' timelines compared to eachother seems highly questionable to me.

So if you happened to start on Red server instead of Yellow after all these seasons and stuff like 2015 halloween pokemon had passed you now hear that if you had started on Yellow server you could now repeat everything that is in the past on Red. It doesn't really seem fair to new players on the other servers to me. "If only i had just chosen Yellow at the same time that i chose the old Red server i could have had an OT Fennekin or the first season PvP rewards".

I want feedback but you are just bashing on something without understanding my POV and why I suggested such thing; hence you see it only as damage for something that was unique for red (but wasn't even on yellow).

The issue here is something else than coins not being unique enough;

"The problem we have at the moment is that the vast majority of seasoned RPvP Players have obtained all possible rewards, and at this point in time, the value of PvP Coins has deflated - the 500 PvP Coin Reward seems like nothing to what it was when they were first introduced. This is understandable and just the case in any type of economy."

as I said in the my previous post; this is simply not the case. The re-scaling would tackle the issue of "deflating coins" if that is even a problem (it's not on yellow) as such it would decrease the falling value of PVP items such as Lifeorbs and Toxicorbs; since I suggest both increasing the cost of the orbs and lowering the overall PVP coin output from the ladder.

You are talking about fairness/differences in the same post; this doesn't make any sense. It is not fair for every yellow player that the red server has more pokemon; this problem would have been solved if there was a Halloween event in the past year like it was planned since it would bring back the older pokemon that red players could obtain in the past. (Iirc that is still on the table between Pinkan Island and the Sinnoh Release)

Do you think it's fair that yellow has less pokemon than red, less PVP cloaks than red and so on; I don' think so. We never had the chance to obtain such things; so this is why I suggested it in the first place. Would you cry out loud if such pokemon come back into the game too(?); like you do right now about older PVP cloaks? I don't think so.

There shouldn't be any difference in the the servers at all; not in cloaks, not in pokemon or other things. It might sound "not fair" to you but what about the players who think differently than the red PVP community? I haven't seen a single new cloak since I started playing PRO; hence there was never something "special seasonal" for me.

Is this fair(?); no.

The suggestion was rather something I wanted; this might be true but this doesn't change anything with the original idea behind it.

I would maybe change the suggestion to "make them at least once for one season obtainable again" and not all the time; this would ensure less PVP coins on the server and people would love that; maybe not all but the "majority" would agree (at least on yellow; not sure how stubborn red players are).

The suggestion about borders/ranks in the forum is nothing hard to do and would be unique; same goes for the in game tribute because most of the stuff is already in game, just needs a bit more love/work and it would be something I personally would want; not sure about you but I think it is unique enough form me.

What are the differences between each server?

There is no fundamental difference; they are all gameplay-identical. The only differentiators are that each one uses a different databases (for example, any data you obtained on Red would not carry over to Blue and Yellow) and that it's naturally inhabited by different communities.

source: PRO Wiki

[offtopic]#EDIT: a few typos[/offtopic]

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Just to make note - a vast number of these changes will require discussion, therefore please don't get too excited for the next update, these changes will probably miss the next one. :3 Cloaks are on their way though. Also again, none of these changes are set in stone, and are still a discussion.

So, after reading your suggestions, these are the following ideas I have and would like to present to Shane:

• #1 Individual Reward, only available to those who reach this spot. In addition to receiving the same as prizes awarded to those in Top 25.
    #2-10 PvP Related Items that can only be obtained via the ladder -> potentially new cloak colours etc?
    #11-25 The usual.
    • Addition of tiered rewards in the PvP Shop. Can implement this by introducing a variable given to players, for example First Ranked would receive a different variable to Second-Tenth Ranked, and therefore have different access to items in the PvP Shop. This way I can include things like old cloaks, and potentially introduce new items like mounts etc when we have a solid art team (or I'll make em but honestly don't get your hopes up there - cloaks are already making me hate life xD).
    • MAYBE! Maaaaaaaaybe. I could introduce Pokemon as a PvP Shop item? However, they would be random, as if you caught it in the wild. I dunno? Could be a fun way to introduce Pokemon that are only available through events and so on, or otherwise aren't in any spawn lists yet. :3

Set Dates are very hard to do, as the guild and solo ladders are both updated and maintained by Shane. There is no other Staff member that has control over this, Red and myself included. This has always been the way and will remain this way. Therefore, the answer there is no. The only date related thing I can personally offer is Tournaments, which I am happy to host, as I am able to do this entirely independently from start to finish, but the reality of it is that I can only do so much, but I am happy to give what I can.

In regards to new in-game items, I'm sure you are all aware that we have a very limited art team at the moment. Greinjack is also away at this time, so at this point we actually have no Artists. That being said we are expecting a return from an old member of Staff, and she will help out immensely in this regard. In addition to that, I am happy to give things a go, for example I am creating the new cloak (no new hood model though, just to let you know ahead of time).

UNRELATED - optional. :Smile:

I also wanted to say thank you for the amazing response to this thread, thank you every one for being mature and giving solid suggestions. Prehax, yours was.. intense, but you put a lot of effort in and it's appreciated.

If any one else has some further things to add, don't be shy! There's not really a time limit on giving your opinions here.

I feel it's fair to give a little explanation on some things going on in Staff right now, at least from my perspective. Please be aware and take into consideration that this is my personal experience/situation and may be different for another member of Staff.

I don't want people to get too excited about these changes and to jump to the conclusion that they will be immediate, especially in regards to new items being added and things of that nature. From this time, following some personal changes, I will be the only active Admin (or should be, Red, if you're reading this, go away, you know why >:( ), I have also recently moved and have all of the things going on related to that such as a new job/stress blabla y'know how it is, so because of this my time on PRO is limited also.

It's seemingly a very unrelated point, but I feel it's one that needs to be made just to make you all aware that Management is a very light at the moment, and to ask you to please respect this when making your suggestions.

It would also be nice if people applied this to all Staff, in all areas of PRO - we've taken a bit of a hit, a lot of Staff seem to be taking a lot of heat from you guys about it, please be nice to them, okay? They've been working their socks off.

We care, we truly do, but I feel like we don't always have the time to show you.

Mini-rant over. XD Just needed to y'know.. get that off ma chest. *awkward shuffles away*

Also, be nice to each other. It's a discussion, not an argument.

Everyone's thoughts are valid. If something isn't implementable for whatever reason, please let a member of Staff say it, for the sake of preventing arguments. There's no need for speculation from Players as you wouldn't know the full extent of the situation to be able to provide that feedback accurately.

:Shy:

365151 I want feedback but you are just bashing on something without understanding my POV and why I suggested such thing; hence you see it only as damage for something that was unique for red (but wasn't even on yellow).

Ok, so you are telling me that you know what i think while also telling me that there is no way i understood your point of view and that it doesn't make sense to talk about differences and fairness while ignoring my example that explained questions you proceeded to ask next, while thinking i represent the entire community of red server and furthermore saying what everyone's opinion is and that most would agree with you and everyone else are just stubborn.

You seem to be quite full of yourself so i don't really think this can be called a discussion anymore. I think we're just gonna stop it here ok?

365194 -walloftext- :3

Hello Daeon :Smile: ,

first of all; thank you for putting that much effort into the PVP community of PRO; it's appreciated.

We don't expect a sudden change, it was never like that and we are actually used to wait for changes; so don't worry about that.

The recap you made out of our suggestions looks promising but I miss two things;

• the tribute thing I have suggested; it is already in-game; it is unique and the effort that is required for that isn't as much as something completely new
  • the guild rewards overall; the point of competing as a guild to be the best and right now there is no need since everyone gets the same XP bonus; same issue we have right now with the PVP Top25 ladder

... but overall it is a good recap of the things we all suggested, especially making older things available for Top25 players ( I actually didn't think about it).

The random pokemon idea is actually something I would love to see becoming a thing (as long as they are trade-able lul). :P

I honestly expected that response regarding a set date; well as much as I dislike it, we have to live with it then.

Otherwise I said everything I wanted to say in this thread; so yeah. :Grin:

I would also thank you for noticing that I put a little bit of effort into my suggestion wherever you find the suggestions good or bad. :P

365151 I want feedback but you are just bashing on something without understanding my POV and why I suggested such thing; hence you see it only as damage for something that was unique for red (but wasn't even on yellow).

Ok, so you are telling me that you know what i think while also telling me that there is no way i understood your point of view and that it doesn't make sense to talk about differences and fairness while ignoring my example that explained questions you proceeded to ask next, while thinking i represent the entire community of red server and furthermore saying what everyone's opinion is and that most would agree with you and everyone else are just stubborn.

You seem to be quite full of yourself so i don't really think this can be called a discussion anymore. I think we're just gonna stop it here ok?

I guess you didn't understand what I wanted to say;

you don't see my POV regarding these things (why I want them and why I think postive about them) but you only see the negative things hence you don't actually understand my POV in regards of that. I also didn't say that you are the entire red community but seeing how 3 red pvp'er agreed to the same thing in a short period of time; made me think that way. I guess you are right; I said everything I wanted to say, you can like it or not. :)

365194 Just to make note - a vast number of these changes will require discussion, therefore please don't get too excited for the next update, these changes will probably miss the next one. :3 Cloaks are on their way though. Also again, none of these changes are set in stone, and are still a discussion.

So, after reading your suggestions, these are the following ideas I have and would like to present to Shane:

• #1 Individual Reward, only available to those who reach this spot. In addition to receiving the same as prizes awarded to those in Top 25.
    #2-10 PvP Related Items that can only be obtained via the ladder -> potentially new cloak colours etc?
    #11-25 The usual.
    • Addition of tiered rewards in the PvP Shop. Can implement this by introducing a variable given to players, for example First Ranked would receive a different variable to Second-Tenth Ranked, and therefore have different access to items in the PvP Shop. This way I can include things like old cloaks, and potentially introduce new items like mounts etc when we have a solid art team (or I'll make em but honestly don't get your hopes up there - cloaks are already making me hate life xD).
    • MAYBE! Maaaaaaaaybe. I could introduce Pokemon as a PvP Shop item? However, they would be random, as if you caught it in the wild. I dunno? Could be a fun way to introduce Pokemon that are only available through events and so on, or otherwise aren't in any spawn lists yet. :3

Set Dates are very hard to do, as the guild and solo ladders are both updated and maintained by Shane. There is no other Staff member that has control over this, Red and myself included. This has always been the way and will remain this way. Therefore, the answer there is no. The only date related thing I can personally offer is Tournaments, which I am happy to host, as I am able to do this entirely independently from start to finish, but the reality of it is that I can only do so much, but I am happy to give what I can.

In regards to new in-game items, I'm sure you are all aware that we have a very limited art team at the moment. Greinjack is also away at this time, so at this point we actually have no Artists. That being said we are expecting a return from an old member of Staff, and she will help out immensely in this regard. In addition to that, I am happy to give things a go, for example I am creating the new cloak (no new hood model though, just to let you know ahead of time).

UNRELATED - optional. :Smile:

I also wanted to say thank you for the amazing response to this thread, thank you every one for being mature and giving solid suggestions. Prehax, yours was.. intense, but you put a lot of effort in and it's appreciated.

If any one else has some further things to add, don't be shy! There's not really a time limit on giving your opinions here.

I feel it's fair to give a little explanation on some things going on in Staff right now, at least from my perspective. Please be aware and take into consideration that this is my personal experience/situation and may be different for another member of Staff.

I don't want people to get too excited about these changes and to jump to the conclusion that they will be immediate, especially in regards to new items being added and things of that nature. From this time, following some personal changes, I will be the only active Admin (or should be, Red, if you're reading this, go away, you know why >:( ), I have also recently moved and have all of the things going on related to that such as a new job/stress blabla y'know how it is, so because of this my time on PRO is limited also.

It's seemingly a very unrelated point, but I feel it's one that needs to be made just to make you all aware that Management is a very light at the moment, and to ask you to please respect this when making your suggestions.

It would also be nice if people applied this to all Staff, in all areas of PRO - we've taken a bit of a hit, a lot of Staff seem to be taking a lot of heat from you guys about it, please be nice to them, okay? They've been working their socks off.

We care, we truly do, but I feel like we don't always have the time to show you.

Mini-rant over. XD Just needed to y'know.. get that off ma chest. *awkward shuffles away*

first of all, thank you daeon for your effort in helping us, pvp is a really important part of PRO and is growing fast so thx so much, secondly pokemon as a reward in pvp shop with random ivs are such a great idea to me, keep it up!

JxEhvYc.gif

365742 You need to have a set time the ladder ends before you do different prizes for different ranks imo.

She explained that a few posts above yours x.x