Ban ALL Staff Pokemon From Ranked PVP

Giovanni

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

369515 but i find it funny that staff themself dont even seem to understand, that staff mons are tad bit unfair.

We didn't say it was fair really. We are just saying that these things are rewards for the work that is done for the game. My view on whether staff rewards should be used or not hasn't changed since I became staff and there is one main reason for why I believe they should be allowed. Staff spend most of there time staffing for this game. They volunteer there time to help out everyone. It gets exhausting doing that day in and day out and you find yourself not wanting to log onto your player account and actually play the game and have fun. After awhile maybe you just say "Hey I'm not having fun anymore so why am I here?". Rewards on player accounts bring more enjoyment back into the game with a Pokemon that is special to them that is allowed to be used and played with. I bet in the 6 months it takes for the reward to be earned you can hunt and find more than 5 epic extremely rare Pokemon and maybe more epic common Pokemon if you wanted. That's just my view on it.

B0F40E013360821045F3701E49E7B490E66CCD1B2C339CB6FFpimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

My face when I see Shamac :disappointed:

[glow=red]Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper

forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.[/glow]

369515 but i find it funny that staff themself dont even seem to understand, that staff mons are tad bit unfair.

We didn't say it was fair really. We are just saying that these things are rewards for the work that is done for the game. My view on whether staff rewards should be used or not hasn't changed since I became staff and there is one main reason for why I believe they should be allowed. Staff spend most of there time staffing for this game. They volunteer there time to help out everyone. It gets exhausting doing that day in and day out and you find yourself not wanting to log onto your player account and actually play the game and have fun. After awhile maybe you just say "Hey I'm not having fun anymore so why am I here?". Rewards on player accounts bring more enjoyment back into the game with a Pokemon that is special to them that is allowed to be used and played with. I bet in the 6 months it takes for the reward to be earned you can hunt and find more than 5 epic extremely rare Pokemon and maybe more epic common Pokemon if you wanted. That's just my view on it.

I never said you guys dont deserve them. I actually know quite a few guys who are staff and they put in alot of their OWN time to make the game better for ME and OTHERS. Iam just saying, that some of you guys dont even acknowledge the fact that these mons are like 31 30 all the way trough and better than everything we have. Like i said i rarely lose to ppl who have staff mons and iam pretty sure, ppl like dei would still be decent players without a 31 31 talon. Its still unhealthy for the competitive side of the game.

The point about hunting is a funny one too btw. I have been hunting quite alot in my 1500+ hours and i have been doing excavations every day. i maybe have 2 epic ot mons in that whole timeframe, which shows hunting doesnt guarantee *bleep* in this game and you guys having the oppurtunity to not only get a perfect mon, but a COMPETITIVE MON makes this a little more complicated than you guys think

In the end i can only come back to my point, which is that i dont hate the notion of you guys having a great mon for your services, but i feel like staff doesnt even understand where some ppls frustration comes from.

The combination of shane being a lazy bum and not coding moves/ablities/items coupled with the fact to play raikou serperior epic talon AND a latias in a few games, can be annoying to ALOT of players.

Also everything comes down to shane being a non clever person, all he does is rake in the cash (which isnt that low btw) and letting you guys do ALL the work WITHOUT monetary payment.

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

I never said you guys dont deserve them. I actually know quite a few guys who are staff and they put in alot of their OWN time to make the game better for ME and OTHERS. Iam just saying, that some of you guys dont even acknowledge the fact that these mons are like 31 30 all the way trough and better than everything we have. Like i said i rarely lose to ppl who have staff mons and iam pretty sure, ppl like dei would still be decent players without a 31 31 talon. Its still unhealthy for the competitive side of the game.

The point about hunting is a funny one too btw. I have been hunting quite alot in my 1500+ hours and i have been doing excavations every day. i maybe have 2 epic ot mons in that whole timeframe, which shows hunting doesnt guarantee *bleep* in this game and you guys having the oppurtunity to not only get a perfect mon, but a COMPETITIVE MON makes this a little more complicated than you guys think

In the end i can only come back to my point, which is that i dont hate the notion of you guys having a great mon for your services, but i feel like staff doesnt even understand where some ppls frustration comes from.

The combination of shane being a lazy [Censored] and not coding moves/ablities/items coupled with the fact to play raikou serperior epic talon AND a latias in a few games, can be annoying to ALOT of players.

Also everything comes down to shane being a non clever person, all he does is rake in the cash (which isnt that low btw) and letting you guys do ALL the work WITHOUT monetary payment.

Update to moves and abilities is planned in upcoming days. He is currently busy IRL. Lots going on. When me and him started PRO, we started it with a goal to have a place for everyone where anyone can voice their opinion and enjoy with friends. All of this exists because people put in hard work. Starting from me and him to mappers, artists, scripters, guides and moderation group. Every staff deserves a thank you. Regardless of that, my staff are not thinking inside a box. I am sure they will act in the best interest of players. Same way you are here because of us, we are here because of loyal and amazing players.

Also, can you address moves and abilities that are missing so it can be passed on him for evaluation? Thanks

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

369497 Who of those who actually gave a reason, played against a staff with a reward, lost to it and what are your rankings and gametime?

This would have been the first questions from me. Why should i listen to someone who doesn't even play PvP or is at a low based knowledge of it and demands a change that affects people who worked real hard for something.

Such arrogance. Me not PvP'ing till now (just an example) doesn't mean I won't ever PvP. Me not facing a staff Pokemon till now also doesn't mean I'll never face one. I do have the right to have a say about what might affect my game experience. A staff Pokemon could push me straight out of the ladder I worked so hard on. Why should I wait till that happens and not act now? Does that really make any sense to you?

Did you comment on the Shadow Tag voting thread? People who have never hunted h.a. Gothitas in their life are voting in that thread. Why should you listen to them? Oh wait, that isn't exactly your problem is it? Whereas this thread directly concerns you. :(

Red gave you the opportunity to actually bring in constructive critic, make it realistic and don't demand something ridicolous.

You're the community, you did make a suggestion, make one that satisfies both partys, the community and the tournament winners (who worked hard for it to obtain it) and staff members (who actually get a reward after 6 months of helping you, the community) and maybe if the suggestions brought up a good point we can take it into consideration.

No one is demanding anything ridiculous. People are asking staff Pokemon to be banned from PvP with solid enough reasons.

"make one that satisfies both parties"? Why exactly should we? The "Pokemon reward for staff members which can be used in PvP" clearly isn't something that satisfies one of the parties. If you really are keen on satisfying both parties, let's hear your suggestion to fix that up.

Ridiculous attitude. I have no problems with the staff getting some sort of a reward, because yes, you are helping us. But again, I'm not okay with one of you potentially pushing me out of the ladder I worked so hard for with your unobtainable legendary. Your reward shouldn't affect me or anyone directly.

i personally dont have a huge problem with staff mons, but i find it funny that staff themself dont even seem to understand, that staff mons are tad bit unfair.

I agree. "Yes, it is unfair. Deal with it." is a far better answer than "no it's not unfair, we helped u guys for 6 months".

@Sceo the guild leader guy: Staffs are not saints, they don't just scarify their time for "a better community" or for a better tomorrow or for world peace or ending world hunger.. Just consider them as the semi-volunteer employee. And employee need to be paid, or at least in this case- sth to motivate them.

@Gambi: Unlike you, your twin brother and I, spend our time to hunting, trading (or scamming newbies) to get epics; staff spend their time (6months) for "a better community" to get 1 epic (ok, it's a super duper mega epic, but it's not certainty). So it's fair enough for me, we both use our time to get what we want..

Some ppl suggest that staff mons shouldn't be used in ranked.. so what's the point of those epic ivs?? (I bet most of staff don't share my hobby: showing off epics on All chat)

or a random generated ivs.. I won't spend 6month to get a failed pkm that I can buy in trade w. 100k or get from ingame bosses, will you?

And I don't mind a nub running around the ladder with a shiny talonflame or latias.., his name spelled like "free rating" to me.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

After reading many posts on this thread I can honestly say I understand where some of you are coming from BUT there is more than just staff Pokemon that should be looked at in this metagame. But first, I just need to clarify that we are well aware of the fact that there is only one species of staff Pokemon per server. Well this can prove to be problematic when it comes to team building. When we build teams we try to bring countermeasures to every prominent Pokemon we can think of in the meta. Since there is only one kind of staff Pokemon per server, nobody builds teams to prepare for them because their teams would be hindered when brought up against everybody else's team. This is the only argument that should be brought up because the "Boosted IVs" and "Correct Nature" arguments are not very good because lowering the IVs would only result in 3-5 percentile damage differences which really isn't that significant:

31 Special Attack IV Latios - 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Slowking: 255-302 (64.8 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

15 Special Attack IV Latios - 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Slowking: 243-289 (61.8 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see, there is only a 3% difference in damage against this Slowking.

But besides staff Pokemon, tournament prizes such as the Suicune, Entei, Raikou should also be looked at because they are in the same ballpark as the staff Pokemon. There is only one of those per server and they too can put a strain on team building. I think if staff Pokemon were removed from ranked PvP then those tournament prizes should be removed as well. Giovanni has brought up the argument that "The tournament winners worked hard for their Pokemon" but staff worked very hard, if not, harder so I thinks it's unfair to only target the staff members. I personally don't mind the staff pokemon being used in ranked PvP and this is coming from a seasoned Top 25 battler. Thanks.

369610 After reading many posts on this thread I can honestly say I understand where some of you are coming from BUT there is more than just staff Pokemon that should be looked at in this metagame. But first, I just need to clarify that we are well aware of the fact that there is only one species of staff Pokemon per server. Well this can prove to be problematic when it comes to team building. When we build teams we try to bring countermeasures to every prominent Pokemon we can think of in the meta. Since there is only one kind of staff Pokemon per server, nobody builds teams to prepare for them because their teams would be hindered when brought up against everybody else's team. This is the only argument that should be brought up because the "Boosted IVs" and "Correct Nature" arguments are not very good because lowering the IVs would only result in 3-5 percentile damage differences which really isn't that significant:

31 Special Attack IV Latios - 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Slowking: 255-302 (64.8 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

15 Special Attack IV Latios - 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Slowking: 243-289 (61.8 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see, there is only a 3% difference in damage against this Slowking.

But besides staff Pokemon, tournament prizes such as the Suicune, Entei, Raikou should also be looked at because they are in the same ballpark as the staff Pokemon. There is only one of those per server and they too can put a strain on team building. I think if staff Pokemon were removed from ranked PvP then those tournament prizes should be removed as well. Giovanni has brought up the argument that "The tournament winners worked hard for their Pokemon" but staff worked very hard, if not, harder so I thinks it's unfair to only target the staff members. I personally don't mind the staff pokemon being used in ranked PvP and this is coming from a seasoned Top 25 battler. Thanks.

Staffwork is done as a volunteer, it's not done for a payment.