Ban ALL Staff Pokemon From Ranked PVP

Giovanni

This will always be a controversial topic with PRO pvp. Players can make points on it being unfair, and staff/other players could make an argument that they've worked for their rewards, and should be able to use them in PVP. I personally don't see this going anywhere since this has been brought up before.

width=400px

https://i.imgur.com/9pNePO2.png[/img]

Server: Silver

width=234pxhttps://i.imgur.com/0Zly8nz.png[/img]

oNql8cu.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Staff spawned monsters in ranked PvP

<r>I'm going to share my thoughts on the situation, as this is something I have come back to after an absence from PRO, as I have been working a lot (will continue to be relatively inactive, off topic, just so you know).<br/>

<br/>

I'm going to be absolutely brutally honest, and repeat what I have just said to Staff, when I heard of the potential changes that were going to be made to Staff Pokemon in PvP.<br/>

<br/>

My general answer, no. Absolutely fucking not. Excuse my language, but I do feel VERY passionate about this topic and is not something I will watch my Staff endure on behalf of Players who do not understand the concept of a reward.<br/>

<br/>

I've watched Staff change their Pokemon, get stressed out and upset, avoid PvP, avoid their Player account in general, because of the abuse received in response to using Staff spawned Pokemon in PvP.<br/>

<br/>

It's ridiculous. I feel that passionately, that I feel comfortable saying publicly also, that if any changes are made to Staff Pokemon and their Rules in any form to devalue, sacrifice or otherwise chastise their rewards, I will leave Staff and that is it.<br/>

<br/>

Now, I don't say any of this out of self gain. Personally, I have played PRO since April 2016 and I have roughly 550 hours (I can't remember off the top of my head) on my Player account. Now take into consideration that I had Mew before becoming Staff. I became Staff in May 2016. <br/>

Imagine a Player who has been around for 11 months. What is their playtime like? Much higher than mine, I can assure you.<br/>

This is because I <B><s></s>VOLUNTEER MY FREE FUCKING TIME<e></e></B> to this game, alike other Staff. None of us are here for the rewards, because honestly, you have to be here for 6 months before your first big reward. If you're in it just for the rewards, normally you burn out before that point and never receive one.<br/>

Notice that I said that you would burn out, meaning yes, we actually do work. And it's stressful. Really. Really. Stressful.<br/>

<br/>

Staff receive more complaints than compliments. Players ask us for favours on our Player Accounts and on Discord, and through whatever other means they happen to have our contact details, when all we want is 10 minutes to chill out with our friends.<br/>

<br/>

It's all well and good for Players to make demands, and ask us to spawn items/pokemon for them, but suddenly because we have <B><s></s>earned<e></e></B> our rewards, we're not entitled to them and somehow we are unfair.<br/>

<br/>

I want to make it clear that not all Staff agree with me, and obviously I am most likely the most outspoken member of Staff, who is against changes. There are Staff who are willing to make changes to Staff Rewards, in order to keep the Player Base happy, for the SOLE PURPOSE of making it more bearable, and not having to deal with complaints, and to in general, make their life easier, and reduce confrontation.<br/>

<br/>

I really could go on and on about this all day. But, ultimately, I flat out refuse to watch Staff sacrifice their rewards that they have earned for people who do not have the ability to empathise or to be mature and reasonable, and are simply thinking about their own self gain in the long term. <br/>

Players do not appreciate the full extent of what Staff do, therefore the appreciation comes from within Staff. <br/>

<br/>

Instead, I'd like to begin a new discussion. Because ultimately, Staff rewards are not the root cause for this argument. It's the fact that PvP has become stagnant and repetitive.<br/>

<br/>

What would you like to be introduced to help balance/rejig PvP in a favourable way for Players?<br/>

I'm happy to run another Tournament when my projects at work aren't so time consuming (should be in the next month or so), which would offer more Players the opportunity to receive unique Pokemon. In addition to this, I also opened a topic about new rewards. But is there something else you'd like implemented, like a few more Pokes? If so, which ones. Abilities/moves, again, if so, which ones?<br/>

Be specific, tell us what you want to make it more interesting and fun for you. At the end of the day, it's a game. Games are designed to have fun and pass the time.<br/>

Not make people feel targeted or like rubbish, or that they should feel like they should give up something they have been rewarded with.<br/>

<br/>

Again, I apologise for the language. I will not edit it out. I need you to understand that I am firmly against this and I will not budge. Red and I don't issue Staff Rewards with the intention of making anything unfair, we do it because we value our Staff Members and the continued time and effort they dedicate to the game, and as a reminder that at the end of the day, it does pay off, and it is worth it, even when sometimes they feel like it's an endless cycle and pointless. So, with that said, thank you to everyone who is, or has ever been a Staff Member in any capacity. And I will not ever watch one of you feel intimidated, bullied or overwhelmed by anyone at all.<br/>

I'd also like to thank the players who do understand and appreciate what we do, and have also spent a lot of time on the game. The same goes for you too, if you need help, you can always come to us, that's what we're here for. We'll help you in absolutely any way we can, within the parameters of the rules. <br/>

<br/>

Rant over. Please respect eachother.</r>

<r><QUOTE author="Daeon"><s>

</s><POST content="370174"><s></s>370174<e></e></POST> WOT <e>
</e></QUOTE>

I read through it unlike others who won't and I sure understand your overall frustration.<br/>

Not quite sure what else to say; you and Shamac pretty much said everything there is to say about this topic; a change in this overall reward policy is not necessary and this vote in general shouldn't be here. <br/>

The overall hate towards staff is ridiculous and this is coming from me who rarely agrees what staff say.</r>

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

<r><QUOTE author="PreHax"><s>

</s><QUOTE author="Daeon"><s>
</s><POST content="370174"><s></s>370174<e></e></POST> WOT <e>
</e></QUOTE>

The overall hate towards staff is ridiculous <B><s></s>and this is coming from me who rarely agrees what staff say.<e></e></B><e>

</e></QUOTE>

Yeeee.. about that. PM me on Discord some time I need to speak to you about it.</r>

Guest DaeDraKhajit
8rEQJXZ.png staff can just get away with anything because of a title. j8WpjZt.png I wonder if youll get a warning level.. mutual respect, abide by your own rules on forum posting.

No need to comit faults in the language, we could understand you anyway lol. It would be unfair for you and the others to remove staff rewards, you're putting free time without getting payed, the volunteer thing is just an small title, you all should get payed for expending time on this, instead get 1 pokemon after being there working* for 6 months or more. But* there's something you should keep in mind, 1 epic legendary will obviously break the pvp system and a part of the economy (probably). There are ways to solve these 2 *problems*:

- A cap on the ivs given --> Cut primordial/main ivs --> Shiny drago as staff poke--> everything 28+ivs but spd/atk/sp.atk can't be over 30ivs, for example.

- Non-tradeable

- Something else... im out of ideas now.

No need to make a war with this, it should be simple.