Ban ALL Staff Pokemon From Ranked PVP

Giovanni

370202 No need to comit faults in the language

:3 I did apologise, and sorry again. But like I said, I do need Players to understand how strongly I feel about this.

I don't think it would have caught your attention and got you to actually read what I was saying if I didn't, since I know it was long. Most people would skip it if there was no drama or "oooo why did this happen". XD

But like I said, no changes will be made to Staff pokes. What I'd like Players to do moving forward, is come up with things we can give you.

Again, I can do tournaments, to increase opportunities offered to gain unique Pokes. I'm also working on a full new set of PvP Cloaks to give more rewards in PvP. Shane is working to get some more stuff implemented in terms of moves and abilities etc.

What else is there that we can do?

(Btw who wants a sneak peek at the full set of PvP Cloaks?)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope all staff members see this. Some people actually love everything you all do. <3

If i was facing a staff member in pvp and they had a lvl 200 i honestly wouldnt care because of all the things staff members do. I had an issue once and it was fixed within 24h so thank you all for being here and helping everyone out in the game.

370204 (Btw who wants a sneak peek at the full set of PvP Cloaks?)

YES :y:

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

What would you like to be introduced to help balance/rejig PvP in a favourable way for Players?

I'm happy to run another Tournament when my projects at work aren't so time consuming (should be in the next month or so), which would offer more Players the opportunity to receive unique Pokemon. In addition to this, I also opened a topic about new rewards. But is there something else you'd like implemented, like a few more Pokes? If so, which ones. Abilities/moves, again, if so, which ones?

Be specific, tell us what you want to make it more interesting and fun for you. At the end of the day, it's a game. Games are designed to have fun and pass the time.

Not make people feel targeted or like rubbish, or that they should feel like they should give up something they have been rewarded with.

Again, I apologise for the language. I will not edit it out. I need you to understand that I am firmly against this and I will not budge. Red and I don't issue Staff Rewards with the intention of making anything unfair, we do it because we value our Staff Members and the continued time and effort they dedicate to the game, and as a reminder that at the end of the day, it does pay off, and it is worth it, even when sometimes they feel like it's an endless cycle and pointless. So, with that said, thank you to everyone who is, or has ever been a Staff Member in any capacity. And I will not ever watch one of you feel intimidated, bullied or overwhelmed by anyone at all.

I'd also like to thank the players who do understand and appreciate what we do, and have also spent a lot of time on the game. The same goes for you too, if you need help, you can always come to us, that's what we're here for. We'll help you in absolutely any way we can, within the parameters of the rules.

Rant over. Please respect eachother.

Hello, I would like to have name removed upon meeting another person in PvP and atleast not have names shown until battle is over. That is to keep movesets and such more hidden so players doesn't already know opponents sets before the match even gets started as a lot of people share opponents set in discord and keep them for themself for future games.

another thing is teamview, this is something that is implemented in the original game (wifi battles) and also on Showdown which is probably the most competetive pokemon battle website. It is crusual for good play to have this implemented in the game in order to make good decission and allow for more fair and consistant play.

that is just my idea though, thanks for asking and hope you will take a look on it, have a nice day :Heart:

PVP Channel: https://www.youtube.com/an1ma

PRO PVP Playlist (all matches):

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/UrMmYVG

iwIiNH3.png

370211 Hello, I would like to have name removed upon meeting another person in PvP and atleast not have names shown until battle is over. That is to keep movesets and such more hidden so players doesn't already know opponents sets before the match even gets started as a lot of people share opponents set in discord and keep them for themself for future games.

Actually.. that's a really good idea. I'll ask Shane if it's codeable. :3

I don't think the teamview idea is implementable though.

370174 I'm going to share my thoughts on the situation, as this is something I have come back to after an absence from PRO, as I have been working a lot (will continue to be relatively inactive, off topic, just so you know).

I'm going to be absolutely brutally honest, and repeat what I have just said to Staff, when I heard of the potential changes that were going to be made to Staff Pokemon in PvP.

My general answer, no. Absolutely [Censored] not. Excuse my language, but I do feel VERY passionate about this topic and is not something I will watch my Staff endure on behalf of Players who do not understand the concept of a reward.

I've watched Staff change their Pokemon, get stressed out and upset, avoid PvP, avoid their Player account in general, because of the abuse received in response to using Staff spawned Pokemon in PvP.

It's ridiculous. I feel that passionately, that I feel comfortable saying publicly also, that if any changes are made to Staff Pokemon and their Rules in any form to devalue, sacrifice or otherwise chastise their rewards, I will leave Staff and that is it.

Now, I don't say any of this out of self gain. Personally, I have played PRO since April 2016 and I have roughly 550 hours (I can't remember off the top of my head) on my Player account. Now take into consideration that I had Mew before becoming Staff. I became Staff in May 2016.

Imagine a Player who has been around for 11 months. What is their playtime like? Much higher than mine, I can assure you.

This is because I VOLUNTEER MY FREE [Censored] TIME to this game, alike other Staff. None of us are here for the rewards, because honestly, you have to be here for 6 months before your first big reward. If you're in it just for the rewards, normally you burn out before that point and never receive one.

Notice that I said that you would burn out, meaning yes, we actually do work. And it's stressful. Really. Really. Stressful.

Staff receive more complaints than compliments. Players ask us for favours on our Player Accounts and on Discord, and through whatever other means they happen to have our contact details, when all we want is 10 minutes to chill out with our friends.

It's all well and good for Players to make demands, and ask us to spawn items/pokemon for them, but suddenly because we have earned our rewards, we're not entitled to them and somehow we are unfair.

I want to make it clear that not all Staff agree with me, and obviously I am most likely the most outspoken member of Staff, who is against changes. There are Staff who are willing to make changes to Staff Rewards, in order to keep the Player Base happy, for the SOLE PURPOSE of making it more bearable, and not having to deal with complaints, and to in general, make their life easier, and reduce confrontation.

I really could go on and on about this all day. But, ultimately, I flat out refuse to watch Staff sacrifice their rewards that they have earned for people who do not have the ability to empathise or to be mature and reasonable, and are simply thinking about their own self gain in the long term.

Players do not appreciate the full extent of what Staff do, therefore the appreciation comes from within Staff.

Instead, I'd like to begin a new discussion. Because ultimately, Staff rewards are not the root cause for this argument. It's the fact that PvP has become stagnant and repetitive.

What would you like to be introduced to help balance/rejig PvP in a favourable way for Players?

I'm happy to run another Tournament when my projects at work aren't so time consuming (should be in the next month or so), which would offer more Players the opportunity to receive unique Pokemon. In addition to this, I also opened a topic about new rewards. But is there something else you'd like implemented, like a few more Pokes? If so, which ones. Abilities/moves, again, if so, which ones?

Be specific, tell us what you want to make it more interesting and fun for you. At the end of the day, it's a game. Games are designed to have fun and pass the time.

Not make people feel targeted or like rubbish, or that they should feel like they should give up something they have been rewarded with.

Again, I apologise for the language. I will not edit it out. I need you to understand that I am firmly against this and I will not budge. Red and I don't issue Staff Rewards with the intention of making anything unfair, we do it because we value our Staff Members and the continued time and effort they dedicate to the game, and as a reminder that at the end of the day, it does pay off, and it is worth it, even when sometimes they feel like it's an endless cycle and pointless. So, with that said, thank you to everyone who is, or has ever been a Staff Member in any capacity. And I will not ever watch one of you feel intimidated, bullied or overwhelmed by anyone at all.

I'd also like to thank the players who do understand and appreciate what we do, and have also spent a lot of time on the game. The same goes for you too, if you need help, you can always come to us, that's what we're here for. We'll help you in absolutely any way we can, within the parameters of the rules.

Rant over. Please respect eachother.

First of all i understand your position on this topic and wanted to say that i don't mind facing a staff poke since their base stats are capped so it's Nothing we shoudln't be able to deal with although it might be troublesome because no one can expect it. That said i'd like to ask for four moves if possible:

the first one being drain punch because it's crucial for some pokes such as conkeldurr and gallade as it's their only way of recovery

the second and third are volt switch and uturn which makes us choose the poke we switch out to before seeing what our opponent does and thus completely ruins the point of the move and prohibits the use of volt-turn teams.

last one is clear smog or unaware because it is currently hard to deal with set up sweepers which have already boosted an example being tenta or gliscor as supposed to be able to check talonflame but once it has boosted they can't anymore that's where an unaware poke could save the day.

Thanks for all you have done for this game, i appreciate the hard work

Freddie_forum_size.png