Upcoming patch discussion

Sermacabro

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Upcoming updates DRAMA [POLL]

<t>The only thing I dislike about it, is that you can lock an IV in place so that it doesn't get reset.<br/>

<br/>

Other than that, I don't see a problem.</t>

<r><QUOTE author="WarGreymon" post_id="382519" time="1494065888" user_id="2647"><s>

</s><br/>

Wasn't breeding never being implemented for the reason that PRO is and always gonna be a grinding game? Welp, this move will just hit your playerbase hard and you'll realize it pretty soon.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

This is payable easier breeding. Agree. <E>:y:</E> <br/>

<br/>

<br/>

I don't like the item at all, but at least it should be ultra rare boss drop.. and not in the 3rd win. But it sill would be bad.</r>

<r>Well, if this thing goes in, it's a pretty much a spit in the face to everyone who enjoyed so far the aspects of RNG the game offered (well, more or less), and here's why:<br/>

1. New players will just look at the aspects of the game, and be like: "wait, you can reroll IVs for money? I'm out" (that if you are a player who doesn't intend to throw real money in the game).<br/>

2. I had a chat earlier with Red and he confirmed that Bosses will drop coins, but given their respawn time, chance to drop coins (which will probably be low, no one knows yet) and unless they will drop dozens and dozens of coins in a single drop, it can't just keep up with the player who legit drop their wallets in the reroll thing.<br/>

3. Hunter players will just lose their jobs. Why hunt epic pokes for days/weeks, when you can just get an average IV-d mon with one or two good IVs in the right place and just start rolling for a PVP god.<br/>

4. PRO said so many years to breeding a loud and clear "NO". With this thing going in, I just see no difference aside from not wasting time hatching the egg. Sure, you can't control what the value of IVs will be rerolled at, but this is not RNG anymore, this is <COLOR color="#FF0000"><s></s>controlled RNG<e></e></COLOR>, which is a lot stronger than pure luck.<br/>

<br/>

That was on the tip of my tongue, there may be some other stuff, but they didn't spark in my head yet.</r>

nsyIQuy.gif

Re: State of the Game

<r><QUOTE author="ZebraBrian" post_id="382455" time="1494048759" user_id="1215815"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="NemesisPR21" post_id="382394" time="1494035739" user_id="1100556"><s>

</s><br/>

Shane cant get money for the game. I mean, the money he gain is for the servers. He cant get profit and use it to party or buy a house.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

He definitely does make money, he doesn't use great servers which don't cost a whole lot. Pretty sure he stated once PRO is his second income, also he wouldn't keep the game up if he wasn't making a profit he wouldn't work for free<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Pokemon has copyrights. If he gets profit, he can be sued by Game Freak or the ownerd of the brand.</r>

Re: Please dont put coins to change ivs

<t>Shane I love this game. I would donate to this game for a lot of reasons (membership, mounts, etc) I think you could find other ways to do things without this IV changing idea. I think it would ruin this game for a lot of people and I'm not sure if I would continue to play PRO if it were to be implemented. I haven't read the comments since yesterday so if you have replied to people's concerns I apologize but I would be interested to see what ur reaction is to all the people here who are not ok with this idea and what your response to everyone is.<br/>

<br/>

Thanks<br/>

<br/>

Dooty</t>

<r><URL url="https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35832"><LINK_TEXT text="viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35832">https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35832</LINK_TEXT></URL><br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<COLOR color="#FF0000"><s></s><B><s></s>IV or nature change and Reduce boss battle cooldowns or Revalue boss reward<e></e></B><e></e></COLOR><br/>

Rejected. PRO has its own vision and is an MMO. It is not supposed to be a copy of the handheld games, or hand players easy rewards on a silver platter. <br/>

<br/>

The Random Number Generated (RNG) system would be rendered pointless if all players could easily get perfect Pokemon via breeding <B><s></s>or something similar being implemented.<e></e></B> It means there would be no need to grind or farm. Moreover, on an economic basis, implementing breeding or something similar would destroy the market, and trading for valuable/rare Pokemon would lose meaning since you could just breed instead. In an MMO, there should never be any guaranteed rewards, like changing your Pokemon's IVs/nature. Many unexpected and random events can happen within an MMO; that's how the game stays interesting to players. PRO strives to maintain the beloved features of the handheld games, while also making changes that are needed to create a player-interaction balance that is healthy for an MMO environment.<br/>

<br/>

Additionally, it's key to understand the difference between "I cannot catch this Pokemon" and "I cannot obtain this Pokemon." If you can't catch a Pokemon with stats to your liking, that doesn't mean you can't obtain it - that's what our trade economy is for. PRO is an MMO, so it encourages interactions between players. If spending time farming is not to your taste, you can simply buy Pokemon from other players instead. Ultimately, if you can grind enough money, you can still buy/obtain the Pokemon you desire... and grinding money is, of course, a classic part of playing any MMO.</r>