the current things being said about "pro 2.0"

hello, I have been playing pro avidly since about 2-3 months after release. I have some genuine concerns about the game and where it is going I can see that people and staff are leaving but to be honest I don't care about any of that. what I care about is what is the long hall plan for pro and this new game whatever it may be called it has been stated that a new game is being made and me as well as others can't help but think that allot of the people who work on pro now (that is not even close to enough though I appreciate them all) we can safely assume that more will go to this new game and that brings me to my concern I have almost 2,000 hours in pro and if this new game is being made it kind of demotivates me to continue playing this one and I think many people see it this way why do I farm 3 or 4 days for a good foongus or fletchling now if the game will be replaced I just want some definitive answers whether or not pro is getting left behind and if any of the time I've put into pro getting all I have will mean anything in this new game thank you hoping to hear from Shane soon thanks

crescentmoon95.png

Admin is dodging and closing topics after he clearly stated that pro is going to die within a year. (until 2.0)

D5FVWWh.png

Honestly, dodging all the questions from uncertain players just confirm these plans for me. As an admin, you cannot state something like this and then avoid all discussions or deny it. This just makes you untrustworthy.

Admin, if you want a lot of players not to leave, please make a clear statement of your plans for the upcoming years. I know you doing this stuff in your freetime and I appreciate this, but I would also like where my money is going for the longterm. I read almost all your posts about this topic and understand that you want to start from scratch if PRO code is not useful anymore (I'm software dev by myself). Still it would be great if you could transfer parts of your savegame. We just wanna know whats up after you've stated this.

Admin is dodging and closing topics after he clearly stated that pro is going to die within a year. (until 2.0)

D5FVWWh.png

Honestly, dodging all the questions from uncertain players just confirm these plans for me. As an admin, you cannot state something like this and then avoid all discussions or deny it. This just makes you untrustworthy.

Admin, if you want a lot of players not to leave, please make a clear statement of your plans for the upcoming years. I know you doing this stuff in your freetime and I appreciate this, but I would also like where my money is going for the longterm. I read almost all your posts about this topic and understand that you want to start from scratch if PRO code is not useful anymore (I'm software dev by myself). Still it would be great if you could transfer parts of your savegame. We just wanna know whats up after you've stated this.

Allow me to clarify a few things for you since you seem to misunderstand a few things. The current engine that PRO is built on is the same engine shane has made in another game that he was working for. The engine itself disallows PRO to go any further without causing problems and instability. In accordince of this, instead of completely trashing PRO alongside with the engine, he has decided to build a new engine from 0 and made a new game with it.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Shane needs to learn that you don't always have to -spill the beans- on your developmental future plans, for exactly this reason. Causing unnecessary uproar in the community. I'm not saying you can't share certain things you've worked on or you're still working on, but think before you send messages in Discord, Twitch etc.

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif

Well this was explained a few times when it was brought up in the discord except you refused to listen to any of it, posting it here is obviously just to try and cause more drama

As soon as "PRO 2.0" was first mentioned it was stated that they would coexist and PRO would continue receiving updates and stay live as long as it can financially support itself, which is how it is anyway.

A new version of a game being released because it can surpass it's predecessors potential isn't rare and it's how they progress and improve

The "die quicker" is due to the prediction that when 2.0 is released which will have less limitations and be more complete, that players will play that instead of PRO, it's also a screenshot from a live chat where explanations were given, but taking screenshots of that and posting wouldn't potentially upset people so only pick parts out that can be taken the wrong way without context.

Shane also posted here so I'm unsure what's being avoided

I'll lock this so the explanation doesn't get buried with nonsense as it was in the discord and just cause upset among players for no reason