Current events and what community thinks.

Orihara

Greetings fellow PRO players. As most of you are aware, PRO will be getting some new updates and have announced a new game that will come out due to the technical problems that its facing. It would be ignorance to assume no one has any issues or concerns about this news and what will awaiting everyone by the end of the day. Some information was given by the developer and other staff members regarding these concerns but i beileve the community has more. So i would personaly like to ask everyone to voice their concerns, questions and suggestions (if any) to be worded in a calm and collective manner not based on speculation but based on the information we've been given.

I too will try to help players with their questions and concerns if i can within my knowledge.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do administrators plan to implement the IV randomizer / changer ?? no body wants that, only the PAY2WIN players... think about it.

Correct, only a few people want it, but I believe Shane stated that otherwise he can't keep the servers up, so do we want to play a game where P2W is a thing, or do we want to play no game at all? Or is there a middle way (since I genuinely don't know)?

Greetings fellow PRO players. As most of you are aware, PRO will be getting some new updates and have announced a new game that will come out due to the technical problems that its facing. It would be ignorance to assume no one has any issues or concerns about this news and what will awaiting everyone by the end of the day. Some information was given by the developer and other staff members regarding these concerns but i beileve the community has more. So i would personaly like to ask everyone to voice their concerns, questions and suggestions (if any) to be worded in a calm and collective manner not based on speculation but based on the information we've been given.

I too will try to help players with their questions and concerns if i can within my knowledge.

Any Information about the Hidden Power base damage bug being corrected in the next incoming patch ?

Do administrators plan to implement the IV randomizer / changer ?? no body wants that, only the PAY2WIN players... think about it.

Most likely , no doubt given it's meant to be cash grabing , meanwhile the H.A medaillon is nice

adding ,would say imo 3 days seems a bit short , 15 days sounds OK .

Mimimimimimimii

Any Information about the Hidden Power base damage bug being corrected in the next incoming patch ?

Will talk to Shane later about it when he is around.

B0F40E013360821045F3701E49E7B490E66CCD1B2C339CB6FFpimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

My face when I see Shamac :disappointed:

[glow=red]Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper

forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.[/glow]

Sorry for my bad English which is not my first language.

As Shane said the info he lecked is 1% from big update, the following is based on what I knew so far.

But I still want to do something.

People afraid of "pay to win" including me.

Everyone knows that pay to win kills game.

It kills the competitive by creating hierarchy.

People at the top of it exists with the absolute god power (advantage).

It forces people to pay.

Then later people who are not able to pay or not willing to pay suffers from inequity.

Eventually they leave the game.

When only the people with the power remained in game, they also leave gradually because of losing interest from lack of variability.

In my opinion, if you guys (GM) really want to implement this IV randomizer, breeding-like thing, there are things you can still alleviate the hierarchy.

The gap of the hierarchy affected by 2 things: the difficulty to access the power from the one who don't pay AND the restriction on the one who pay.

Both must be implemented together and at the same time.

The difficulty to access the power must not come with the randomness.

I give a popular game Hearthstone as example.

In that game, cards represent the power in ladder mode.

You can get card pack from arena mode for 100%.

100% instead of random giving actually lowers the difficulty to access the power a lot.

People could keep playing arena mode and be able to count how far they still need to keep going in order to complete the deck build.

In PRO, I can tell that a random reward from boss which give the ability to access to IV randomizing is far not enough.

Its randomness can't satisfy the appetence and the hard feeling from inequity.

And most important, unable to create an expectation on fulfilling a target.

I suggest that after we beat certain bosses together for 3 times (e.g. Ravine + Lt. Surge + Morty + Old Lady Janice + Toothless + Steven + Love Island Bosses + Chuck + ......) , we could have a chance from an NPC to randomize IV of one poke.

Lock some IVs and 100% give at least 18 for the randomized stat.

Does farming become nothing?

In my opinion, YES if there is no restriction on people using the power.

With no restriction, they could ruin the system in short time.

What is a reliable restriction?

Time.

I suggest that create an item in coin shop which people can purchase.

We can bring this item to the NPC mentioned above to get a chance to randomize IV for one poke per month.

Even you bring 2 items to the NPC, you still need to wait for a month.

The item and the chance from boss are 2 different things.

Beating bosses for 3 times is roughly equal to a month.

It's all about equity and the gap within the hierarchy.

For the people who paid, they can have 2 chances per month, no more.

For the rest, they can have 1 chance per month.

That's all of my suggestions, the difficulty to access the power AND the time restriction.

Considering that it was showcased already confirms the plan or the concept of it being finalized and ready to be added. Many suggestions upto to this day have been accepted or denied based on the feedback staff have recieved from the community and how will it effect the overall experience of PRO.

As far as item and how it operated is concerned, i will agree that i will create a huge gap between the players who have been grinded tirelessly upto this day since the beginning of PRO and those who can do it within a few minutes with a few coins. Question being, will this help PRO? Yes, it will. It will allow PRO to have donations enough to keep the servers running. But on a logical basis and with the fact of the usage of this said item, there is a high possibility of players revolting against it and resulting in losing players, consequently creating a decrease in the general donation income. However, given the availability of this item and how it can effect players and their competitive pokemons. It too can create a more evolved PvP scene. Regardless of leaning on the pay-to-win aspect of the game.

spacer.png

Correct

Shane said just because he worked on it doesn't mean it would definitely be added and that if is WAS added it can be disabled at any time afterwards if it's not beneficial

Also bosses will start to give coins meaning it can be used without paying real money, that would just be an option

You could also use the IV re-roll and end up with worse stats than you started anyway

also to highlight the cost of this proposed IV re-roll

the base price is 20 coins + 12 coins for every stat you want to re-roll and then each re-roll could be anywhere between 1-31

so If you want to hold 2 IVs you may already have at 31, that's 48 coins per roll with no guarantee the remaining 4 IVs being re-rolled are even going to end up above 5 each

The actual cost to eventually get a 6x31 poke unless you have extremely good luck would be massive, it's not going to be a situation where every PVP team will be 6x31 within a week or if it is, that persons just helped a LOT to keeping the PRO servers online for a while on their own

However, given the availability of this item and how it can effect players and their competitive pokemons.[glow=red] It too can create a more evolved PvP scene[/glow]. Regardless of leaning on the pay-to-win aspect of the game.

Lol , Tbh straight no .

Mimimimimimimii

As a middle ground for this coin item, i would rather suggest them being available only through boss npc's and the MS increasing the drop rate (i.e. 2% to 5%) this will allow players to have something to grind for and will make buying MS more desireble.

spacer.png