legendary dog quest bug

have over 750 hours of game play,i have completed the celebi quest,and yet still when i talk with the scientist in ecruteak he does not give me a choice to select a bell,i have all the requirements as far as im aware,i know people who are in the same position as me requirement wise but they were given the selection to take a bell,could you please tell me what else i havent done or what else i require in order to get the scientist to give me a bell.thank you

I have over 750 hours of game play,i have completed the celebi quest,and yet still when i talk with the scientist in ecruteak he does not give me a choice to select a bell,i have all the requirements as far as im aware,i know people who are in the same position as me requirement wise but they were given the selection to take a bell,could you please tell me what else i havent done or what else i require in order to get the scientist to give me a bell.thank you

have over 750 hours of game play,i have completed the celebi quest,and yet still when i talk with the scientist in ecruteak he does not give me a choice to select a bell,i have all the requirements as far as im aware,i know people who are in the same position as me requirement wise but they were given the selection to take a bell,could you please tell me what else i havent done or what else i require in order to get the scientist to give me a bell.thank you

If you have completed the celebi quest before the dog project was started, try to talk to the scientist again. On my case I had to talk to the scientist twice (got the bell selection dialogue on my second try).

Okay so after reading what you said, it seems like you have the necessary requirements.

However I don't know if, in the celebi quest it makes you fight the 3 legendary dogs in there respective locations in johto or if it's the dex knowledge only needed. Anyways if the celebi quests requires dex info only and you still havent beaten them (ex suicune in tohjo falls) then thats your problem.

Else you can also try the guy who offers to switch your bell for another one to see what he has to say.

It could also be a "evolution number" problems since I'd expect most people at 750hours playtime to have more than 151evos and people automaticaly have the required amount (doubt it is that though).

200px-VSTeam_Aqua_Grunt_F.png

Im trying to help him ingame,he has the same number of evos as me and i was able to get the bell,but i do not know if he battled and killed the dogs or just ran away,but even if he did run away how would he rebattle themn if that even is the case?

iirc you dont have to battle the dogs to get their datas for celebi long time ago, how about you try to find and battle the dogs for now. Rey will give you bell once you defeat the dogs. I was also confused why Rey didnt accepted my dex of dogs (got it long time ago) until I battled the dogs.

Oh and I didnt even took my celebi yet because my evo count is currently at 101.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

If you have done those and Rey still wont give a bell, then you need a staff/scripter's help.

hmm well uhm here's my case:

-After I talk to Rey I preceded into bell tower and found the 3 dogs running in circle.

-After interacting to them they split up and flee. So i talked to Rey again and after it I haunted those dogs and beat them (even tho I already have their datas).

-After that I talked to Rey and he gave me a bell.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18