PC box storage rework

Dak10

The current PC box system as it stands does allow sorting, however it is only for each individual box. While changing this to sort for the entire PC storage would be a nice idea, I believe that would not really help as much with organization, as since currently there is no in-game way to rename poke's (the reasoning behind this can be found here https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209177#p209177 under denided suggestions).

Another current feature in the PC storage system is where poke's go when they are inserting into the system. Currently, you can drag a poke from your party anywhere into any box, and it will go to the next, lowest box that has an open slot in it.

As of right now, the best option (in my opinion) to sort poke's is to create another account, level it up past the 4th gym (so you can trade), log in on both accounts (one from my phone and other on computer), trade all of the poke's you want organized over (In my case it would be all my synchronize poke's) so they are in the other account's PC. Then, when I need a specific synchronize poke, I have to log into both places, and trade back over the poke I need. (If you do not know what synchronize poke's are do not worry, it is just an example).

A solution to being able to fully organize your storage system would be if a poke is dropped in any box, it will stay in that box, and not go back down to the lowest available box. For example: I would then be able to drag and drop a poke from my current party (like normal) into say, box 20 then that poke stays in that box 20, even if box 19 is empty. All I would need to do is open my box 20 in my PC, then drag and drop the poke I want from my party, into that box, and it would stay there.

Why this would work:

Doing this would allow all the current systems that the PC storage system uses right now, such as the current mechanics and sorting, to still be there. Meaning from a coding/scripting standpoint, code only needs to be added, not entirely re-coded and scripted. While I am no programmer, I do know that adding and going back to adjust current code is often much easier than having to completely rewrite an entire code/script.

Other issues:

What is the current box it full, and you drag a poke in it?

- This is where the current system would come in. Going back to my example, where 19 is empty, if 20 is full, and a poke is dropped into box 20, then it automatically goes into box 21. This is how the current system is already set up, and means from the technical standpoint, does not require an entire rework of the coding/scripting for the storage system.

How will I remember which box my poke's are in, if I cannot rename the boxes?

- While this would be a nice feature, I imagine the reasoning is similar to why we are not able to rename poke's in that it would take up too much data. I suppose it could come one day and it would be a great surprise, however we do not want to ask too much, as to make the whole idea not viable. For now, simply having to remember which box is which will have to work.

What about the current sorting system? (i.e. by name, level, etc...)

- That would not need to change. This way you can sort your each singular box the way you want it to be sorted, and it would still only sort that single box.

What about catching poke's when your party is full?

-This would again, remain the same. That poke would then go through, into the lowest possible box with an available space.

In closing, I have heard some people defend the current PC system by saying it is supposed to be like the old games. I agree with this completely, however in the old games (I am saying real old, like Red, Blue and Yellow) they had the same exact system I am trying to describe as my solution. In those games we were not able to rename boxes, however we could put pokes in box 20 (if I remember right that was the max amount of boxes you could have) and and it would stay there, even if box 19 was empty.

I appreciate everyone that took the time to read this, and I would like for others to comment their ideas and other flaws with my ideas that I could not think of.

Thanks,

Dak

"The man on the top of a mountain didn't fall there."

-Vince Lombardi

I don't understand :Nervous:

essentially, everything would be the same, but we could open any box, and when we drag a poke from your party to that box, it would stay in that box. currently if you do this, the poke does not stay in the box, and goes back down the the lowest available spot in all of your boxes.

hopefully that explanation helped, if not, please ask more questions and i will try to clear it up for ya :)

Thanks

"The man on the top of a mountain didn't fall there."

-Vince Lombardi

I don't understand :Nervous:

essentially, everything would be the same, but we could open any box, and when we drag a poke from your party to that box, it would stay in that box. currently if you do this, the poke does not stay in the box, and goes back down the the lowest available spot in all of your boxes.

hopefully that explanation helped, if not, please ask more questions and i will try to clear it up for ya :)

Thanks

Ok the help thank

This is all my team that I use for the kanto

fUfpOUt.png

It would also be nice if we get the storage limit increased.

Right now we have 900 Pokemon as the limit, 894 in box and 6 in team, filling exactly 60 pages

Would be nice if the limit is increased to 1200 (20 more pages). With Sinnoh coming, this might be needed by some people.